Jackson State's Sonic Boom vs Southern's Human Jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jukebox is going to over power and out drill the Sonic Pop. Snap, Crackle & Pop the "Boom" is going to take the "L".

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
The refs!!!

I agree with Machiavelli on this one!! The refs are going to win this one hands down!!! They'll probably be throwing the "unsportsman like conduct" flag on the bands at least twice!

I will be there to see it, though.

I saw the Boom and The 100 two weeks ago at the Circle City Classic. I applaud them for their performance at the Pep Rally and the Parade. However, the entertainment they provided at the game was TERRIBLE. At best, they provided noise.

Two tips to both bands (The Sonic Boom and The 100):

1. TWO BANDS PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME CREATES NOISE!
2. FANS PERFER SONGS PLAYED BY THE WHOLE BAND INSTEED OF SECTIONAL FANFARES!

A question and a note to both Band Directors and their Asst. Directors(The Sonic Boom and The 100):

Why DO you DIRECT YOUR BAND to play when the opposing band is playing? A word of wisdom, you too are idiots if you do what idiots do. Take the mature position, if an idiot band starts to play when you are playing, stop playing; and NEVER play when the opposing band is playing. It is a disservice to your band to practice on music that no one can hear.

Both half-time shows left A LOT to be desired. After FAMU performed, we knew the Boom would take the Half (NOT). What a DIS ? A ? POINT ? MENT. The Indianapolis crowd is the easiest crowd in the country to please. How in *&ll could both bands fail to do so? My wife asked me, ? Why do both bands look so unorganized getting into formations?" I told her that they consider those moments of exercise, a drill; FAMU?s announcer even called it a ?Precision Drill (that statement was a laps in judgment at best)?. To better explained this phenomena, I recalled an analogy given to me by a Wise Man from the Bayou (east of The Mississippi), He compared such to BBs thrown on the floor that (via magic) some how roll into formation.

I love Black College Bands, FAMU and J-State are two of my favorites. I know they could have done better because I have seen them do better. Always think of your next performance as your First or Last. To the Boom, if you come with the same on the 18th, you will see a repeat of 1983.

:confused:

Well, truly I don't think Southern is all of that especially after listening to them at the Mississippi Valley State Game and the Alabama State Game.. After just those two games, doesn't look like JSU has anything to worry about. Yeah again after hearing them (THE JUKEBOX), I really don't see what the Boom has to worry about.......BECAUSE IF YOU WANT ME TO BE HONEST ABOUT TO SITUATION....Southern is not sounding like Southern this year...and that my friend is the bottom line....

Originally posted by NastyD
Well, truly I don't think Southern is all of that especially after listening to them at the Mississippi Valley State Game and the Alabama State Game.. After just those two games, doesn't look like JSU has anything to worry about. Yeah again after hearing them (THE JUKEBOX), I really don't see what the Boom has to worry about.......BECAUSE IF YOU WANT ME TO BE HONEST ABOUT TO SITUATION....Southern is not sounding like Southern this year...and that my friend is the bottom line....

:lmao:

It will be a clean sweep come Oct 18th. Football and Halftime.

I'm looking forward to coming home with my "Can of Whoop Arse!" and enjoying this one as much as I enjoyed Homecoming last weekend (10/11/03). The beat goes on....

PEACE!!!

Zeta Nu(Jr and ZNSpr8502).....

Whats up with it? Will yall be at the same spot where you all was the last time by Southern band? If so, I will be down there after halftime......

AEA

Originally posted by NastyD
_ _ _! :smh:

I love how people claim SU ain't SU (or, ain't what they used to be)...when 1) they've never set foot in SU's band hall to really be able to tell that....and 2) past Juke are giving the present Juke mad props.

Originally posted by illinijag
Two tips to both bands (The Sonic Boom and The 100):

2. FANS PERFER SONGS PLAYED BY THE WHOLE BAND INSTEED OF SECTIONAL FANFARES!

A question and a note to both Band Directors and their Asst. Directors(The Sonic Boom and The 100):

Why DO you DIRECT YOUR BAND to play when the opposing band is playing? A word of wisdom, you too are idiots if you do what idiots do. Take the mature position, if an idiot band starts to play when you are playing, stop playing; and NEVER play when the opposing band is playing. It is a disservice to your band to practice on music that no one can hear.

:confused:
:shame: I think sometimes we speak in vain. We've been talking about this all summer and still we get the same results,...no professional courtesy. Just sad!!!. Sometimes, it can't be helped.

I'm personally coming to this game to see both bands for myself.
There will be musicians other than myself that will be at the game who knows the difference between music and watered down crap. Good luck to both bands and I'm very much looking forward to this match up.

Since we will all be there I hope I can meet some of yall. SUtrpt96, Psychojag, O Bladerunner......I will be on Southern's side near the band.

Originally posted by illinijag

Why DO you DIRECT YOUR BAND to play when the opposing band is playing? Take the mature position, if an idiot band starts to play when you are playing, stop playing; and NEVER play when the opposing band is playing. It is a disservice to your band to practice on music that no one can hear.

:tup:

Re: Zeta Nu(Jr and ZNSpr8502).....

Originally posted by GoodFella
Whats up with it? Will yall be at the same spot where you all was the last time by Southern band?

AEA

Not only Zeta Nu, but is Eta Eta going to be in effect as well? Their will be a bunch of Epsilon Chi Bruhs there.

Not Kicking Sides

As far as the game, I think Southern may handle their business like they suppose to. I've seen Southern vs UAPB and I've seen Jackson vs TnSU in person this year and from both experiences, Southern may come in and destroy them. I'm not kicking sides, this is my personal opinion.

In my personal opinion, I don't think Southern is going to destroy the Boom.
But the competition will definitely be strong.
As far as drill and outmarching, I don't see the Boom topping the Jukebox.... but this is all my personal opinion, too.

I can't wait to see both bands.
I'll be on the sidelines during halftime.

Re: Not Kicking Sides

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
As far as the game, I think Southern may handle their business like they suppose to. I've seen Southern vs UAPB and I've seen Jackson vs TnSU in person this year and from both experiences, Southern may come in and destroy them. I'm not kicking sides, this is my personal opinion.

Have you ever heard just because you heard a band sound one way 4 games ago is not going to sound the same like in the beginning of the year.

jsu does it to UAPB every year.

If you don't think the boom means business this year then you have not been to an updated game and sat across the field on the visitor side.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!:( :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

you will see saturday and i need not say another word.......

Re: Re: Not Kicking Sides

Originally posted by 1995mobb
Have you ever heard just because you heard a band sound one way 4 games ago is not going to sound the same like in the beginning of the year.

jsu does it to UAPB every year.

If you don't think the boom means business this year then you have not been to an updated game and sat across the field on the visitor side.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!:( :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

you will see saturday and i need not say another word.......

Why u gotta jump on the defensive because of that man's opinion??? And this^^^^^ just goes to show how much fear ya'll have.:lmao: :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back