Jackson State vs Texas Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.

stromie

ocean of soul vs the boom who you think got it

:) whats the deal on this game this weekend, cause Texas Southern University are looking to put some heat in Jaskson State University. Holla back on who you think gone show up and put it down

Re: ocean of soul vs the boom who you think got it

we keep our game face on so the boom got to bring it cause the ocean is never stepping down from the the #1 band in the land. and thats for every band. so if the shoe fit put it on and holla back

ANOTHER EARLY SEASON BATTLE

I'M NOT SO SURE THAT THE OCEAN HAS ENOUGH JUST YET. MAYBE LATER. BUT LIKE THE KID SAID EARLIER NO GIVING UP TO ANYONE.:cool: :cool: :cool:

When Jackson plays TXSU it's always a good battle. Just wish I could be there. :( :mad: :bawling: I guess I'll get over it though:D

I heard J-State was bringn' it this year, but I haven't heard TxSU sound and look as good as they are now since the eighties. Last time I saw TxSU -JSU in '99 ya'll did a good job of holdn' your own. This year i expect to see alot more fire....:redhot:

I heard that Jstate is bringing it this year. TSU has the size, I just hope they have more sound than they did against PV. It is gonna be one hell of a battle. I hate that they moved the game to 1:00 in the dome.

With a 1:00 kickoff, this feels like a MEAC game. Hopefully I will get up in time to check out the game!! This game will probably be hard to decide what bands will the "W" or "L" because of the Astrodome (Attic-Dome)

the game

well first off the pv game was bad for us but it was our turn around point to show everybody that one little crab that talks to much can make every body head hurt and get us off but i know we ready for what every the boom bring us this is my 3rd year but i can't wait. i know your band had there down fall once before and su still be putting it down. so give us our down fall and let us learn and grow from it. holla back

YAWN: so many people counting on the Boom. Fine, answer this stuff asto who has what and who was ready after the game.

After the "Oceans" performance against Howard.....I know they are ready for the Boom. All and all, this will be a very good battle.

;)

Originally posted by DasuavestBalla
After the "Oceans" performance against Howard.....I know they are ready for the Boom. All and all, this will be a very good battle.

;)

So how was there performance. Can you Please give what made them so ready?:)

Both bands sounded great despite the Atticdome (astrodome)
TxSU= drums were too loud as usual !!!
JSU

So far this year this was the best match up I seen !!!!

1st half stands -JSU
Halftime - close , but I will give "W" to TxSU,
2nd half stands -JSU
5th quarter- JSU

Overall JSU gets the "W"- but I nothing negative to say to both bands. Today's match-up was well worth the Ticket price.

*notes*
JSU - J-Settes are :redhot:

TxSU - "Tribute to bob Marley" was on point !

JSU - Drummajors are on point !!!!!

TxSU- nice come up since the LDC !!

----------
nice meeting you

Sonic98 & Noisetalka

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. This was my 1st time seeing the Boom live and I was impressed.

From what I saw, I give JSU the W...I just think they had a better 2nd half thru 5th Quarter.....TxSU wasn't bad at all though.

Good to meet Smallone, Sonic98, Noise Talka and my boy Jay...

You shole nuff asking real soon, the game wasn't even over whe you posted......LOL

But here's my early view of the bands.

I was on the field most of the game so I could hear a little better than others that may have been in the stands.

Mello's - TSU
Bones - TSU
Trumpets- JSU
Percussion - TSU

1st QTR - Tie

Both bands played and had good sound for the dome. Considering both teams were playing good too. Lots of fight songs being played too.

2nd QTR - It slowed just a little but JSU did play more. I'll give them a slight edge - JSU

Half - The dome kills both bands.
JSU came out the hole and and did their drill (I don't like that their percussion section and some of their other musicians are on the sideline playing and not involved in the drill). JSU loses some of their sound because they are playing toward the endzones and the dome showed that. The feature dancers(can't remember their name right now) was shaking it and thorwing everyway they could. JSU's dance was pretty good, but I didn't like the part with the girls with the big booty's dancing with the Drum Majors(that gimmic didn't work for me).

Overall their show was pretty good.

TSU came across the field with their show. They also did a drill that played to the endzones but part of palyed to the sidelines to a degree. The motion was very entertaining too, they was flipping all over the place and throwing it too. TSU's dance was okay too. I'm glad that ya'll did quiet down ya'lls announcer or I may have just tuned him out as usual.

Half - very close and very entertaining......HMMMMM - hard choice
I'm gonna give it to both of them. JSU/TSU

3rd - this was more like the 2nd qtr so it goes to JSU

4th - Both bands were playing like it was the 5th qtr. I thought we were not going to even have a 5th by the way these 2 bands went at it.

TIe

5th - After both school songs were played there was a big lull in the atmosphere. I was wondering why both bands were waiting so long to play. JSU finally started and it was on from there. I made sure that I was on the 50 yard line and in the middle of the field to get a good spot to hear both bands. Both played with power and finese for the songs they did. I think JSU played a better variety and thats why I will give this to JSU. Those 2 slow jams was hittin.

JSU.

This is TSU's 2nd SWAC game and they will be killing folks in the next week or two. I see that the SWAC bands will be wrecking shi all over the place, well I know PV, SU, TSU & JSU will(I've seen them this year).

Baritones- ??? cannot remeber !
Mello's - TxSU
Bones - JSU
Trumpets- JSU
Percussion - TxSU
Sousaphones- JSU hands down !!

I agree with QS except for bones....I would give a slight edge to TxSU there, but it had NOTHING to do with fanfares.

The baritones were kind of even to me until Me and Mrs. Jones in the 5th. I was kind of leaning toward JSU at that point because they were simply more present than TxSU's B-tones. That Me and Mrs. Jones just put them over the edge to me.

I wasn't too fond of either percussion section, but that has a lot to do with the Dome. It swallows drums and turns it into pure noise.

Otherwise I agree bwith QS on his sectional breakdown.

I'll say this!

THE OCEAN IS BACK! I loved that drill. The overall saound was sooooooo much like the old Ocean! Keep up the good work! I give the Halftime "W" to the Ocean.

The Boom was good as usual! I agree with Fiyah. Yall need to put them people on the side in the show. If anything you need to put the Sousaphones back in there. You can tell the difference in your fanfare. It doesn't sound right with them on the sidelines.

Anyway, good showing for both bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back