Jackson State University Fall 2021 Football Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah you are talking about a program that once in a 31 year period had 1 losing season and 2 - 500 seasons.
That is great and my point exactly. JSU history goes well beyond this period. So to say nobody recruits like you at this present moment is just not true. The issue is the JSU poster is claiming recruiting superiority now. I am saying in the programs history, other HBCU have had success with big name and high star power athletes.

That is great and my point exactly. JSU history goes well beyond this period. So to say nobody recruits like you at this present moment is just not true. The issue is the JSU poster is claiming recruiting superiority now. I am saying in the programs history, other HBCU have had success with big name and high star power athletes.
Well no one is recruiting at HBCUS,'s like Coach Prime right now. That's just a fact.

You are doing a great job exposing national media to HBCU. You are a big FCS brand with a big name for a coach. Congrats your success is our success as HBCUs. Now, getting 3 star and up is nothing new for BCU. Look at our recruit classes going back to the Coach Jenkins era. We had SEC and other p 5 conference transfers, 3 star and up JUCOs, 3 star and up fresh out of high school.

Your moment in the spotlight is welcomed by all in the HBCU community however you are not the first or only HBCU to do it.

Jenkins lived on the transfer circuit lol folks act like what sanders has done is new it’s just spread out. Jenkins has an FBS win or two under his belt.

Johnnie Cole had the same transfers also but even meaner and and he won big.

But other coaches like Reggie Barlow took them in and he didn’t achieve anything.

Rod Broadway has set the standard as he built with high school kids and once they grew up he took more chances with transfers and it has shown with Washington now

Jenkins lived on the transfer circuit lol folks act like what sanders has done is new it’s just spread out. Jenkins has an FBS win or two under his belt.

Johnnie Cole had the same transfers also but even meaner and and he won big.

But other coaches like Reggie Barlow took them in and he didn’t achieve anything.

Rod Broadway has set the standard as he built with high school kids and once they grew up he took more chances with transfers and it has shown with Washington now
Yes he did and BCU was very successful for it. They got players from SEC ACC and Big Ten to transfer in. We got them fresh out of high school as well. The difference is Coach Prime gets national coverage about it. BCU has two FBS over FIU in 2013-14.

Like I said before star ratings mean nothing as soon as you step on campus. BCU has success with guys that were unranked and 3 star plus.

Last time I checked jsu football did not start when coach prime got to campus. So why act like your one year trumps everything you have done to date

Name one year any FCS team brought in a class like this since the rating system started. Just 1

Signing class

5 DBs
J Selmon ⭐⭐⭐⭐
D Warren ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I Bolden ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Shilo Sanders ⭐⭐⭐
H Smith ⭐⭐⭐ (highschool)

4 LBs
N Gaddy - NR
A McClain ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A Miller ⭐⭐⭐⭐
D Dunn - NR

5 DL
T Carr - NR
R Lyles ⭐⭐⭐
B Ross ⭐⭐⭐ (highschool)
Coynis Miller ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charlton Goodell - NR

5 OL
M Joor ⭐⭐⭐
T Gray ⭐⭐⭐
D Spencer ⭐⭐⭐
J Reddick - NR (highschool)
J Gardner - ⭐⭐⭐⭐(highschool)

2 QB
Sanders⭐⭐⭐⭐(highschool)
Greyson Thompson - NR

3 WR
J Okechukwu ⭐⭐⭐
S Hooks⭐⭐⭐
Corey Reed ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Commitments for Feb
LB - Jeremiah Brown ⭐⭐⭐
WR - Trevonte Rucker ⭐⭐⭐⭐
OL - Charles Armstrong ⭐⭐⭐
RB - JD Martin ⭐⭐⭐
WR - Aalah Brown ⭐⭐⭐⭐
WR - Chad Turner - NR
WR - Keith Corbin ⭐⭐⭐

Committed with no offer lol
LB - Mekhian Jackson - NR

Name one year any FCS team brought in a class like this since the rating system started. Just 1

Signing class

5 DBs
J Selmon ⭐⭐⭐⭐
D Warren ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I Bolden ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Shilo Sanders ⭐⭐⭐
H Smith ⭐⭐⭐ (highschool)

4 LBs
N Gaddy - NR
A McClain ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A Miller ⭐⭐⭐⭐
D Dunn - NR

5 DL
T Carr - NR
R Lyles ⭐⭐⭐
B Ross ⭐⭐⭐ (highschool)
Coynis Miller ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charlton Goodell - NR

5 OL
M Joor ⭐⭐⭐
T Gray ⭐⭐⭐
D Spencer ⭐⭐⭐

2 QB
Sanders⭐⭐⭐⭐(highschool)
Greyson Thompson - NR

3 WR
J Okechukwu ⭐⭐⭐
S Hooks⭐⭐⭐
Corey Reed ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Commitments for Feb
LB - Jeremiah Brown ⭐⭐⭐
RB - JD Martin ⭐⭐⭐
WR - Aalah Brown ⭐⭐⭐⭐
WR - Chad Turner - NR
WR - Keith Corbin ⭐⭐⭐

do you count transfers or legitimate high schoolers? Comegy's first transfer class was damn good but they weren't signed on recruiting day to indicate transfers. Johnnie Cole's 2008 and 2009 transfer classes (even though alot never were cleared who made it to campus) was just as impressive. Had 5 5 stars - the team that won it all probably had one of the better offensive lines. the 2009 transfers were the reason he won in 2010

the best high school class was Grambling State 2003 or 2000 when Trey White signed - 2000 was ranked like 90th nationally or so

do you count transfers or legitimate high schoolers? Comegy's first transfer class was damn good but they weren't signed on recruiting day to indicate transfers. Johnnie Cole's 2008 and 2009 transfer classes (even though alot never were cleared who made it to campus) was just as impressive. Had 5 5 stars - the team that won it all probably had one of the better offensive lines. the 2009 transfers were the reason he won in 2010

the best high school class was Grambling State 2003 or 2000 when Trey White signed - 2000 was ranked like 90th nationally or so

Counting both. Although decent they didn't look anything like this on paper. Half are already on campus.

Lawd.... I was about to start smacking and almost got banned.

Brang your hairy mangy self to the Smack Board, Wildcat. I got something for ya'.
Gone come in here and disrespect the original founding father of the SWAC.... these bcu folks sooooo disrespectful!

Last edited:

Signing class

5 DBs
J Selmon ⭐⭐⭐⭐
D Warren ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I Bolden ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Shilo Sanders ⭐⭐⭐
H Smith ⭐⭐⭐ (highschool)

4 LBs
N Gaddy - NR
A McClain ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A Miller ⭐⭐⭐⭐
D Dunn - NR

5 DL
T Carr - NR
R Lyles ⭐⭐⭐
B Ross ⭐⭐⭐ (highschool)
Coynis Miller ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charlton Goodell - NR

5 OL
M Joor ⭐⭐⭐
T Gray ⭐⭐⭐
D Spencer ⭐⭐⭐

2 QB
Sanders⭐⭐⭐⭐(highschool)
Greyson Thompson - NR

3 WR
J Okechukwu ⭐⭐⭐
S Hooks⭐⭐⭐
Corey Reed ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Commitments for Feb
LB - Jeremiah Brown ⭐⭐⭐
RB - JD Martin ⭐⭐⭐
WR - Aalah Brown ⭐⭐⭐⭐
WR - Chad Turner - NR
WR - Keith Corbin ⭐⭐⭐

You are being a show-off. Lol... I'll let you know something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back