Is this the perfect time for Valley to go to the SIAC?

Tigerpride

THE Logical ONE
This is not smack/beef.

I have said this numerous times. Valley would be a BEAST at the D2 level.

We have now added FAMU with no other obvious prospects of joining the SWAC. If Valley moved down, we would still have 10 teams and Valley would benefit greatly in a move. D2 offers 35 scholarships in football. Last I heard, Valley offers right at 40. They have never won a championship in football in 70 years.. yes 70 YEARS of their existence. and yes I know they didnt immediately join the SWAC in 1950 but still... its a long time to exist with no championships. Stribling had them on the bball bball and so did Woods but how long ago was that? No baseball titles either. smh

The writing is on the wall. Lay down your pride and go D2. The addition of FAMU drives Valley deeper into a hole. Am I lying?

I'm sure JSU would still play you.

THOUGHTS?

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Valley may be in better shape to weather this economic storm than many of us other SWAC institutions who have the larger budgets. Enrollment will likely be down next year at many of our institutions and we have committed to "X" number of scholarships per sport along with expenses of that sport. Plus I am concerned that attendance will drop off for sporting events as well. Most institutions will be in the red. The question will be by how much. I look at Valley's situation similar to poor folks during a recession...poor people tend to handle a recession better than those that may be used to having more. Valley will be alright...

Last edited:
Ive said that myself.

Bruh. Valley would be deadly at D2. Im not understanding why they dont get it.... LOL

They would probably immediately compete for the football title, no APR, and they get to extend their brand further into the Southeast into Georgia and into the midwest. Most gonna think im hating but the financials of it certainly need to be investigated. On top of the fact that SWAC expansion is going to really hurt them. It's bad enough being number 10. Now you just moved to #11 and possibly #12.

Sometimes, a school has to do what is best for itself and now is the PERFECT time because it would actually "help" the SWAC AND BCF for them to move down.

If we do eventually become an FBS conference for football as Dr. McClelland envisions, then they may have no other choice unless they can afford the scholarship increase.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hmmm, interesting topic, and hilarious posts. I am with @Earle. "Left" Valley alone! LOL Valley has the right to self-determination. If Vanderbilt football is good enough for the SEC, then Mississippi Valley State Delta Devil Football is good enough for the SWAC. Now if you put this in the SMACK forum, my post might be a little different.....LOL At some point and time, I want to kick everyone out of the SWAC or put them on probation.....LOL

Jackson State, too...
Because, didn't Kentucky State and Tuskegee beat you guys in recent years?

Sad. I can't believe somebody from JSU started this thread. 😄

Until, somebody from the conference start beating FCS PWI opponents on daily basis. Then, you can talk shyt.

Valley is just fine where they are. Folks just worried about what thge coach is building there. Don't understand why Black folks always want to take a shot at the other. Has the last 15 days not taught us anything?

What the coach is building there? Dude, that program has been a bottom feeder in the SWAC 98% of its existence in sports. But if you say they are just fine..... you do rep ANNIE MAE

Jackson State, too...
Because, didn't Kentucky State and Tuskegee beat you guys in recent years?

Sad. I can't believe somebody from JSU started this thread.

Until, somebody from the conference start beating FCS PWI opponents on daily basis. Then, you can talk shyt.

Man, take yo D2 ass on back to D2. You should be scared if Valley moves to D2. Why are you here?
And yes, some D2s beat us. Just like D2s have beat almost every team in the SWAC in the last 10 years. Worry about Miles.

Now back to the SWAC.

Who invite the lowly people to our board anyway. Miles? smh

Hmmm, interesting topic, and hilarious posts. I am with @Earle. "Left" Valley alone! LOL Valley has the right to self-determination. If Vanderbilt football is good enough for the SEC, then Mississippi Valley State Delta Devil Football is good enough for the SWAC. Now if you put this in the SMACK forum, my post might be a little different.....LOL At some point and time, I want to kick everyone out of the SWAC or put them on probation.....LOL
Im sure Vandy is good at something PLUS Vandy add an education component to an otherwise weak academic conference.

This is not intended to be a BEEF topic but you all simply refuse to have genuine dialogue. Valley admins need to really sit down and have a serious discussion.

RIGHT NOW Is critical because we gonna look up and have BCU needlessly in the SWAC.

If we do eventually become an FBS conference for football as Dr. McClelland envisions, then they may have no other choice unless they can afford the scholarship increase.

We will never be a FBS conference. You got teams that don't field the 65 scholarship limit and now you want them to field 85.....please

We will never be a FBS conference. You got teams that don't field the 65 scholarship limit and now you want them to field 85.....please

If we are able to get some kind of tv deal that would allow us to create our network plus the money we’d get from going to Bowl Games would help in funding scholarships. Both of which I wouldn’t put pass Dr. McClelland.

Back