Is this the perfect time for Valley to go to the SIAC?

Things go in cycles...Valley will be alright....We were having these same conversations about PV a few years back.... For some on the outside of the SWAC....currently Valley is the only school they may know right now because they recently had 4 players on the ballot for the HOF...

Things go in cycles...Valley will be alright....We were having these same conversations about PV a few years back.... For some on the outside of the SWAC....currently Valley is the only school they may know right now because they recently had 4 players on the ballot for the HOF...

Just bring back Larry Dorsey and all will be well. He knew how to win over there. Ain’t been the same since.

You all are acting slow. When Dorsey was coach, there was not internet, there was not AAMU. AlaState and PV and TxSo were barely giving scholarships. Valley was about even with them. Historically only GSU, JSU and SU have even halfway funded our programs. In 2000 that started to change and some others started to put money in their programs. Valley still cant. You all are talking 30 years ago. There was a stretch when Dorsey went 2-1-1 vs JSU. But we cant turn back the hands of time. Valley can compete if they bring in the funds. Even with Alcorn, they are ONLY competing in football because that is probably all they can afford to compete in. Valley alums should want to win. They should look at their finances and make the best decision. If they want to stay SWAC, fine. Its just not a good place for them in MY opinion. I want to see them win and compete! No one is giving ONE valid reason why they should be SWAC in 2020. Yall went back 30 years to 1990. Why not go back to the Gunslinger. smh

Well when is Valley ever gonna be on the cycle. The BIG difference here is funding. PV was able to put money where they mouth is. Can Valley do the same?

only thing that bothers me about Valley is they don't even travel to Alcorn anymore. It's sad cause we pack Valley out supporting them.

I would bet you that is Valley went D2 and became like Tuskegee, they would be at the Reservation DEEP and LOUD and COUNTRY like they used to be. They need some confidence. Let them get a few 7+ win season and improve their image from loser to winner. I dont get why you all want to see Valley down forever. I may be the ONLY one who wants better for Valley.

Yeah PV put up the money....but at what cost..... has our ROI been worth the amount we spend each year. There needs to be a happy median where you are not loosing money every year. Should Valley invest more money.....possibly...or do you find coaches who will get you a better return on investment. The problem will then be keeping those coaches. Most coaches who have any success at Valley are scooped up after the first year of success and then you are back to square one....just reality...

But on the other hand, you are implying that JSU has all this funding but is doing only slightly better currently. I just don’t understand why this always comes back to what MVSU needs to do? What needs to be done is to support them and stop attempting to degrad them in an effort to bring up JSU.

Last edited:
Wow, this topic has generated 6 pages of comments. I'm not really understanding how all of a sudden Valley should go to the SIAC now that FAMU is coming on board. I would NEVER wish that any school currently operating at the D1 level move down to D2, but yet some of you point the finger at other schools as if your own school's shit doesn't stink.

But if we are going to be honest, a case could be made for EVERY school in the SWAC to move down to D2. There is more to this than just being "competitive." And I will just leave it at that.

Wow, this topic has generated 6 pages of comments. I'm not really understanding how all of a sudden Valley should go to the SIAC now that FAMU is coming on board. I would NEVER wish that any school currently operating at the D1 level move down to D2, but yet some of you point the finger at other schools as if your own school's shit doesn't stink.

But if we are going to be honest, a case could be made for EVERY school in the SWAC to move down to D2. There is more to this than just being "competitive." And I will just leave it at that.
Amen Frat, however the folks at J Stank attempt to degrade others to upleft themselves. MVSU is just fine where they are. Close this thread.

only thing that bothers me about Valley is they don't even travel to Alcorn anymore. It's sad cause we pack Valley out supporting them.
They stopped traveling to Alcorn & JSU period. I noticed that years ago. Been going on for a long time now. I just took it as the old faithful is retired now and the new generation of fans/alumns don’t care to travel.

Did they used to travel well?

Amen Frat, however the folks at J Stank attempt to degrade others to upleft themselves. MVSU is just fine where they are. Close this thread.

You do realize not everything someone from JSU posts is negative, right? Tigerpride has legit points just as y’all do for other schools that have nothing to do with you, yet no one sees it as y’all degrading anyone. Seeing a JSU poster really does bother y’all and it shows LMAO

But on the other hand, you are implying that JSU has all this funding but is doing only slightly better currently. I just don’t understand why this always comes back to what MVSU needs to do? What needs to be done is to support them and stop attempting to degrad them in an effort to bring up JSU.

If you gonna have a discussion, have a discussion. How is JSU only doing slightly better than Valley? We are always high in the commish cup race. We win championships. We compete in pretty much EVERY sport. We fund EVERY sport in scholarships fully. We pay our coaches well. We have a good fan base and we support the university. What can Valley say to that. Even with Alcorn. You know that in a 12 month period, the Alcorn beat us in ONE thing.. ONE... football. As a total program, you cant talk down on JSU. Our football program being down but YET being the most supported in FCS speaks volumes and totally against what you said. Slightly better than Valley. Maybe you should look at what your school is doing.

I agree. Which is why we attempted to have this discussion on a sports board. WHY now that FAMU is joining? Because it only pushes Valley, who already cant fund a program further down. It also helps the SWAC by not having to add a 12th team is we can stay at 10. No one is suggesting that our own schools shit dont stink. We know some schools compete in one sport and thats fine, especially if that ONE sport if football but if JSU was severely underfunded and couldnt win in anything in our OWN conference, I would be open to other options where my pockets would dictate improved performance.

Yeah PV put up the money....but at what cost..... has our ROI been worth the amount we spend each year. There needs to be a happy median where you are not loosing money every year. Should Valley invest more money.....possibly...or do you find coaches who will get you a better return on investment. The problem will then be keeping those coaches. Most coaches who have any success at Valley are scooped up after the first year of success and then you are back to square one....just reality...

They tried that. They hired Comegy. You cant win with 40 scholarships especially when you have to totally BUILD a team. ...and, even tho what you say about Valley is not true, they cant hold on to a good coach because they cant afford to. What part are you missing. This is NOT to put Valley down at all. This would be a way to build Valley up! Honestly some of you are treating this situation like a kid who wants to go to a P5 to sit on the bench rather than go to another school where he can show his talents. If everyone but me wants Valley to stay down, oh well.

You do realize not everything someone from JSU posts is negative, right? Tigerpride has legit points just as y’all do for other schools that have nothing to do with you, yet no one sees it as y’all degrading anyone. Seeing a JSU poster really does bother y’all and it shows LMAO

If I wasnt the one to start this topic, it would have been a real discussion. LOL (minus the Valley people. They just dont want to discuss it)

JSU does not need anyone to bring up up. How does Valley leaving the SWAC help JSU. If anything, if they choose to still play ANYBODY, it would be JSU so it wouldnt affect us one way or the other.

..and why you cussing on the sports board? :snicker:

Back