Is he right? Tyler Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanye is a musical genius, so is Jay-z, Ludacris and a few other cats. No one disputes that.

However there is a big difference between "California Love" shooting to the top of the billboards compared to "Teach me how to Dougie."

Or Bust a Move? Or Hammertime?

J4L,
I wish billboard broke down their charts by year and it showed rap music broken out alone. We can compare charts from 1992 to 2011 and it would look laughable. The same if we looked at radio station song logs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Those actors highest grossing movies are comedies but they are being outgrossed by white actors playing more positive roles on a constant basis.

For white actors, it is wayyyy more profitable to play the Captain of a Pirate Ship or a Hero trying to save the world than dressing up in drag.

Why is this not the case for black actors?
Damn Pops won't you just rip western civilization a new one because, nothing is good anymore, I guess they were right back in the 60's calling TV a vast wasteland.

Damn Pops won't you just rip western civilization a new one because, nothing is good anymore, I guess they were right back in the 60's calling TV a vast wasteland.

There was a time when television was an artform and writers took the craft of creating shows with unique themes and storylines. Then came the beginning of reality television and a bunch of cheap imitations sprung up.

In hip hop, there had always were a few dance track artist around but they were essientially gimmicks. You had to really spit to earn credibility. Even on most party tracks like OPP and California, cats were spitting, switching up flows and trying to out do each other. Even though you might have heard a 95 boys track on the radio from time to time, you still had Wu-Tang Clan, Outkast, and other crews running the scene. Rappers went around arguing over who was the greatest rapper of all time. Then, weak arse rappers started making up dances and ringtones and record company execs saw a way to make money and minimize expenses. Give some random kids from the hood a bullshat contract, make a new dance with catchy phrases, sell a few ringtones and release their azz.

Society in general is in decline. Evolution is supposed to improve the gene pool but we are actually getting dumber and dumber with each generation. Natural selection no longer favors the intelligent.

1992 "Jump" by Kris Kross
1993 "Freak Me by Silk" was the No.1 song in the country
1994 "Bump N Grind" by R. Kelly
1995 "This is how we do it" by Montell Jordan
1996 "Tha Crossroads" Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
1997 "Hypnotize" The Notorious B.I.G.
1998 "Gettin' Jiggy Wit Itâ€￾ Will Smith
1999 "Wild Wild West" Will Smith featuring Dru Hill and Kool Moe Dee
2001 "Ms. Jackson" OutKast
2002 "Hot in Herre" Nelly
2003 "Lose Yourself" Eminem
2004 "Hey Ya!" OutKast
2005"Candy Shop" 50 Cent featuring Olivia
2006 "Grillz" Nelly featuring Paul Wall, Ali and Gipp
2007 "This Is Why I'm Hot" Mims
2008 "Low" Flo Rida featuring T-Pain
2009 "Right Round" Flo Rida
2010 "Not Afraid" Eminem

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
1992 "Jump" by Kris Kross
1993 "Freak Me by Silk" was the No.1 song in the country
1994 "Bump N Grind" by R. Kelly
1995 "This is how we do it" by Montell Jordan
1996 "Tha Crossroads" Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
1997 "Hypnotize" The Notorious B.I.G.
1998 "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It” Will Smith
1999 "Wild Wild West" Will Smith featuring Dru Hill and Kool Moe Dee
2001 "Ms. Jackson" OutKast
2002 "Hot in Herre" Nelly
2003 "Lose Yourself" Eminem
2004 "Hey Ya!" OutKast
2005"Candy Shop" 50 Cent featuring Olivia
2006 "Grillz" Nelly featuring Paul Wall, Ali and Gipp
2007 "This Is Why I'm Hot" Mims
2008 "Low" Flo Rida featuring T-Pain
2009 "Right Round" Flo Rida
2010 "Not Afraid" Eminem

Are you listing the top rap songs from those years or just random songs. A few are not the top for the years you listed.

You can post the rest. Your point still isn't very strong. LOL

This shows even more forgotten weak songs that were made back then.

The weak songs back then on average are lyrically superior to the weak songs in 2011 and those cats were still consider niche artist back then as well. There was also way more diversity on the radio. All we hear now is top 40 on every station we turn to during primetime.

I dare you to find any credible artist who will argue that hip hop in 2011 is strong as it was in the 90's.

Hell, the top two artist out now came out in the 90's. Jay and Eminem.

Are you listing the top rap songs from those years or just random songs. A few are not the top for the years you listed.

These are the list of Hot 100 number one-singles in the country. I just highlighted the rap songs that were the best performing that year.

It is a sad day when this guy gets considered to be a credible artist. Next thing you know, he will be considered one of the greatest of all time.

soulja-boy-tell-em.jpg

The weak songs back then on average are lyrically superior to the weak songs in 2011 and those cats were still consider niche artist back then as well. There was also way more diversity on the radio. All we hear now is top 40 on every station we turn to during primetime.

I dare you to find any credible artist who will argue that hip hop in 2011 is strong as it was in the 90's.

Hell, the top two artist out now came out in the 90's. Jay and Eminem.

You lived in Louisiana for a while, right? We call this "Crawfishing"

You lived in Louisiana for a while, right? We call this "Crawfishing"

Dude, look at the songs you listed. They are still better than the trash that is coming out today and we are just looking at Billboard top 100. If you look at the playlist from radio in the early 90's, you had much more selection. Come on son, you know good and dayum well that "Teach me how to Dougie" is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back