Is he right? Tyler Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is the essence.

Similiar to animals huh. If a monkey does tricks and makes the visitors laugh, his master will give him a banana. If that monkey goes wild, escapes and revolts against those holding him captive, he will be put to death.

yeah bc other folks shole dont like to watch white folks act ignorant which is The Hangover didnt make any money. (sarcasm) The Water boy wiht Adam Sandle was a deep move that why it grossed so much money. im sure no one acted ignorant in that. Ronald Regan did for Adam Sandler to make good movies

Water boy did not outgross Titanic....I wonder why?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Because Titanic was a chick flick.

So it is more profitable for white men to play dramatic roles where they risk and ultimately sacrifice their life for a loved one?

Yet, it is more profitable for black men to dress up in drag. I find that kind of ironic.

:lmao:

This thread is beyond SAD...Cee and luvdaboom, y'all are hilarious. Now, let me stop :lol: before I get called a c**n, monkey, etc. and any other derogatory SLAVE name that was used to describe us by them.

So it is more profitable for white men to play dramatic roles where they risk and ultimately sacrifice their life for a loved one?

Yet, it is more profitable for black men to dress up in drag. I find that kind of ironic.

Martin Lawrence is on his third Big Mamma's House movie.

:lmao:

This thread is beyond SAD...Cee and luvdaboom, y'all are hilarious. Now, let me stop :lol: before I get called a c**n, monkey, etc. and any other derogatory SLAVE name that was used to describe us by them.

ya know black folks aint supposed to laugh Warndalyn. stop cooning and dancing a jig. WEB DuBois didnt die for that

It was more profitable for Jamie Foxx to do his dramatic roles.... (Did ray Charles die for that?)

But for most comedians, it is best to stick with the script... Sandler does comedy. Will Ferrel does comedy. Steve Carell does... COMEDY.

It was more profitable for Jamie Foxx to do his dramatic roles....

But for most comedians, it is best to stick with the script... Sandler does comedy. Will Ferrel does comedy. Steve Carell does... COMEDY.

im pretty sure Abraham Lincoln didnt die so that Will Ferral can dress up in an ice skating outfit and dance close on a another man

not the same cat they had to beg to make Bad Boys II.

thumbnail.aspx

They all had to beg to get some of this.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bingo. yeah John Singleton's Boyz n the Hood put us in a postive light. And Jungle Fever showed a black man fukking over his black wife and black child with a white woman yeah that is such a good positive movie. I do think Malcolm X died for that though

BNTH main character and his girlfriend went to Morehouse and Spelman respectively at the end of the movie. Gator's drug addiction was a stronger story than interacial dating in JF. Not too many present black films can touch Spike Lee's efforts from 88-92. And that includes Tyler Perry. His worst film would be on the same level of "She's Gotta Have It".

BNTH main character and his girlfriend went to Morehouse and Spelman respectively at the end of the movie. Gator's drug addiction was a stronger story than interacial dating in JF. Not too many present black films can touch Spike Lee's efforts from 88-92. And that includes Tyler Perry. His worst film would be on the same level of "She's Gotta Have It".

And in Diary of Mad Black Woman, the woman kicked her drug habit and got back with her family and the woman found a good man after she had been messed over. In Daddys Lil Girls the man fought hard to gain custody of his kids and found a woman to love him. But i guess no one paid attention to that.

But yall keep on i can do this all day. But im sure Madame CJ Walker didnt die to see this though

The most memorable character in Boyz in the Hood was Doughboy... regardless of who the story centered around.

huh? why are you comparing Waterboy and Titanic?

You keep bringing up white comedies like they are top promoted movies for white audiences. I was simply pointing out that white actors in hero roles get way more push than their comedic counterparts.

Next thing ya know. Folks are going to tell us that Soulja Boy is just as talented as the Notorious B.I.G.

You keep bringing up white comedies like they are top promoted movies for white audiences. I was simply pointing out that white actors in hero roles get way more push than their comedic counterparts.

im bringing those movies up bc those actors highest grossing movies are comedies and no one is calling them out or calling them the white folks version of cooning and no white person is saying that a prominent figure like John F Kennedy would be shaking his head at a movie like The Water Boy

Or that Young MC is as talented as Kanye.

Kanye is a musical genius, so is Jay-z, Ludacris and a few other cats. No one disputes that.

However there is a big difference between "California Love" shooting to the top of the billboards compared to "Teach me how to Dougie."

im bringing those movies up bc those actors highest grossing movies are comedies and no one is calling them out or calling them the white folks version of cooning and no white person is saying that a prominent figure like John F Kennedy would be shaking his head at a movie like The Water Boy

Those actors highest grossing movies are comedies but they are being outgrossed by white actors playing more positive roles on a constant basis.

For white actors, it is wayyyy more profitable to play the Captain of a Pirate Ship or a Hero trying to save the world than dressing up in drag.

Why is this not the case for black actors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back