Is he right? Tyler Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIR_GRAM

Legend
<object width="448" height="374"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhy1t12tM1wUUgjetA" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhy1t12tM1wUUgjetA" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed> </object>

I steadily preach and think about stuff like this daily.

Tyler Perry's work lacks depth, extensive plots and in-depth characters.

He should never compare himself to Booker T. Washington, DuBois, Langston Hughes or Zora Neale Hurston. He simply a modern day version of Stepin Fetchit

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
One reason I have no respect for uppity folks is that, they love to holla "We are not monolithic people", yet they want all of us to have the same views. Man we are such a lost race of people. If it not for you, then keep it moving. If it is for you sit back and enjoy it. I would rather attend a neo nazi and kkk meeting at the same time, then be around a bunch of uppities.

Tyler Perry's work lacks depth, extensive plots and in-depth characters.

He should never compare himself to Booker T. Washington, DuBois, Langston Hughes or Zora Neale Hurston. He simply a modern day version of Stepin Fetchit

You missed the point altogether. Stop majoring in minors and look at the "big picture" of what he's saying. Why is their no uproar from the Italian-American community about the way they are portrayed in The Soprano's. Why is there no uproar in the Jewish American community, the way they are played in television as money hungry vultures.

The bigger picture is "we" always try to differentiate ourselves from the masses even if it means we destroy ourselves in the process! :shame:

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

There...I think I located it now.

:rolleyes:

You missed the point altogether. Stop majoring in minors and look at the "big picture" of what he's saying. Why is their no uproar from the Italian-American community about the way they are portrayed in The Soprano's. Why is there no uproar in the Jewish American community, the way they are played in television as money hungry vultures.

The bigger picture is "we" always try to differentiate ourselves from the masses even if it means we destroy ourselves in the process! :shame:

There was no uproar about the Soprano's because that was real life for some of them. There is an uproar about Jersey Shore in the Italian community in America and in Italy.

I think people hate buffoons of any race.

Uhh its comedy. And no not everyone hates Buffoons of every race bc no one hated on Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler or Will Ferrel acting a damn fool, doing farts jokes, kissing men in the mouth and the rest of the shit. If you dont like Tyler Perry, thats ok but all that other shit is just dumb. Again why didnt Spike speak out against Martin and Eddie Murphy and Flip Wilson. The character of "Gator" can be considered cooning and bafooning according to yall.

There was no uproar about the Soprano's because that was real life for some of them. There is an uproar about Jersey Shore in the Italian community in America and in Italy.

I think people hate buffoons of any race.

Exactly!!

There was uproar about the "Soprano's", "Jershey Shore", and even that new bullshyt ass show "Mobwives".

The Irish community, Irish-American community...whatever they are called were in an uproar with the way their people were acting/reacting every year during the St. Patrick's Day parades so they cancelled the largest one on the South Side. NOt the one downtown...where people behave right...the one of the southside where folks were drunk by 10am urinating everywhere and acting a fool.

There was a Jewish comedian (possibly Jewish American) some years ago that did a joke about something sacred to them and a group spoke out against him and his act.

Okay, so yall come from uppity families. Who gives a shyt? Maybe if yall took a laxative you could take dump and your butt's wouldn't be so tight. Let folks like what the like. Just because you wanna sit around with your nose all up in the air smelling your stanking breath, don't mean other folks wanna. There is a reason we live shorter lives than our counterparts, that reason is we worry about everyone else besides ourselves. A ninja will talk about you when you doing good, bad or just making it. That is what yall uppity folks do.

Okay, so yall come from uppity families. Who gives a shyt? Maybe if yall took a laxative you could take dump and your butt's wouldn't be so tight. Let folks like what the like. Just because you wanna sit around with your nose all up in the air smelling your stanking breath, don't mean other folks wanna. There is a reason we live shorter lives than our counterparts, that reason is we worry about everyone else besides ourselves. A ninja will talk about you when you doing good, bad or just making it. That is what yall uppity folks do.

And how about y'all let folks dislike who/what they want to dislike.

Uhh its comedy. And no not everyone hates Buffoons of every race bc no one hated on Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler or Will Ferrel acting a damn fool, doing farts jokes, kissing men in the mouth and the rest of the shit. If you dont like Tyler Perry, thats ok but all that other shit is just dumb. Again why didnt Spike speak out against Martin and Eddie Murphy and Flip Wilson. The character of "Gator" can be considered cooning and bafooning according to yall.

Maybe there were uproars that you didn't hear about.

When we get on the same socio-economic level as the Italians and Jews, then I will have no problem with us clowning.

I think our race is so downtrodden that we just happy to be involved rather than taking advantage of oppurtunities no matter how bad the quality. Quanity does not equate to quality.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think our race is so downtrodden that we just happy to be involved rather than taking advantage of oppurtunities no matter how bad the quality. Quanity does not equate to quality.

Does this apply to all those gangster, boyz in the hood, menace to society, juice movies that yall call classics.

The bigger problem is the mindsets of our people. We won't support projects that paint intelligent, positive images of blacks folks but anything that exploits stereotypes, we run to support without considering the bigger effects this imagery in the media. Then, we have a generation of kids who have more opportunities before them than any other generation of African Americans before them and they arguably are doing less with them than any other generation before it.

In 2011, blacks have more control of media than any other time in American history. Yet, the imagery may be worse than any other time since Amos and Andy were gracing the screens.

The problem is yall follks who dis-like stuff so much are the ones making all the noise.......

Isn't that always the case with anything? If a person doesn't like something, shouldn't they make their voice heard. That is the benefit of a free society.

The bigger problem is the mindsets of our people. We won't support projects that paint intelligent, positive images of blacks folks but anything that exploits stereotypes, we run to support without considering the bigger effects this imagery in the media. Then, we have a generation of kids who have more opportunities before them than any other generation of African Americans before them and they arguably are doing less with them than any other generation before it.

In 2011, blacks have more control of media than any other time in American history. Yet, the imagery may be worse than any other time since Amos and Andy were gracing the screens.

I guess every black movie has to have every black person as a positive person in the movie. No killer, no thief, no bad guy can be black, huh? And they BETTER NOT make white people laugh unless it is intelligent dry humor.

damn so u saying that we have to be rich in order to make people laugh?

Na, saying that the images we portray in the media has an affect on the interactions that the most vulnerable people in our communities have with other races.

I guess every black movie has to have every black person as a positive person in the movie. No killer, no thief, no bad guy can be black, huh? And they BETTER NOT make white people laugh unless it is intelligent dry humor.

How about some balance? Why is it that they have balance and we don't? I can tell you the answer.

Isn't that always the case with anything? If a person doesn't like something, shouldn't they make their voice heard. That is the benefit of a free society.

The problem is you guys get mad because folks like his work. I am not all that crazy about his movies, but it doesn't bother me others like his work. It's their choice to like what they wanna see. We as a people wanna tell others how to live, what to eat, what to wear, what to drive. It is beyond sad. When folks buy a new car we try to figure out what is in their pockets. If folks buy a new house we try to figure out what is in their pockets. When folks buy new clothes we try to figure out what is in their pockets. Envy, strife and jealously is big in our communities.

The problem is you guys get mad because folks like his work. I am not all that crazy about his movies, but it doesn't bother me others like his work. It's their choice to like what they wanna see. We as a people wanna tell others how to live, what to eat, what to wear, what to drive. It is beyond sad. When folks buy a new car we try to figure out what is in their pockets. If folks buy a new house we try to figure out what is in their pockets. When folks buy new clothes we try to figure out what is in their pockets. Envy, strife and jealously is big in our communities.

Who has gotten mad that other folks like his work? I think you stretching the truth bruh. Folks are mainly attacking the quality of his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back