If you could have marched

Status
Not open for further replies.
FAMU Because its the only non swac band i respect.........and jstate because i wouldve torn that band apart......seems like you can do whatever you want to do when your playing......i woulda been wiiiilllldddiin!:eek:

Man, we think alike!!

I would march for Florida State. They are the most powerful band I ever sat in the stadium with. HANDS DOWN!! If I didn't march there, I would've marched at J-State cuz I could play "G's" all day and tell anyone who asked me about the rest of the song to suck my ballz.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU- I actually was suppose to crab there in 1991, but I stayed home for a year and transferred to ASU.

SU- I just wanna do one whip turn. :eek: :nod:

FAMU would have been my second choice.
But if I was in college in the 80's,TxSU would have been my third choice.

JSU hands down! The march in to the tune of... "Get Ready" (THE 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD), the "Tiger Run-On", the JSU fans, the fun and the PARTYIN' in the stands.
NO OTHER BAND COMES CLOSE!!
The bass and tubas...no other band has that "CRUNKED FUNK" appeal than the BOOM.

My second choice would be SU. They have wonderful fan support and I must reluctantly admit, I LOVE the tune.... "Do What You Wanna".

JSU hands down! The march in to the tune of... "Get Ready" (THE 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD), the "Tiger Run-On", the JSU fans, the fun and the PARTYIN' in the stands.

HandiCap USA

Honestly, I could've played in other drum sections but I couldn't march in another band but SU's.

Its too much shat you have to go through just to march in any ole band

If I just HAD to I probably would choose TxSU or JSU.....

The bass and tubas...no other band has that "CRUNKED FUNK" appeal than the BOOM.

My second choice would be SU. They have wonderful fan support and I must reluctantly admit, I LOVE the tune.... "Do What You Wanna".

I'm not trying to smack JSU,because they were my second choice..But did you know SU did GET READY first.:nod: .I crab at SU in 1975 and we marched in Jackson Memorial playing get ready..:nod: Like I said,I have much love for The Boom and The Marching 100..

I'm not trying to smack JSU,because they were my second choice..But did you know SU did GET READY first.:nod: .I crab at SU in 1975 and we marched in Jackson Memorial playing get ready..:nod: Like I said,I have much love for The Boom and The Marching 100..

OS, somethin' tells me that IF this is true, the way su played it was no where's near as tight as JSU's "GET READY". If it was, maybe su would still be playin' it.

su don't have the deep bass instruments that's needed for "GET READY".
su's sound is more suited for "Do What You Wanna".

There's nothing like seeing the BOOM march into a stadium, ANY stadium, including mumford like we did last year, playin' G-R and EVERYBODY, including security, just stop what they're doing to watch.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
OS, somethin' tells me that IF this is true, the way su played it was no where's near as tight as JSU's "GET READY". If it was, maybe su would still be playin' it.

su don't have the deep bass instruments that's needed for "GET READY".
su's sound is more suited for "Do What You Wanna".

There's nothing like seeing the BOOM march into a stadium, ANY stadium, including mumford like we did last year, playin' G-R and EVERYBODY, including security, just stop what they're doing to watch.

Yes,my young friend,it's TRUE..It make's me feel good also,knowing where the idea came from..You see,Paul Adams was an SU grad,and he was jSU's Assit.BD back then...:swink:

We all know you LOVE YOUR BAND but,if you could have marched in any other SWAC band who would it be ?? Name two SWAC bands..
For me
1st- J-State
2nd- AAMU

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Does it have to be SWAC? I prefer FAMU and Tenn ST.

If I had picked a different school and heard the Boom in the fall of '79, I would have transferred to JSU just to be with Haughton, Duplessis, & Davis.

Yes, the Boom was that good and that much better than every other band in the SWAC.

[/B][/SIZE]

U BETTA WATCH YA MOUF !!!!!:goof: :goof: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :slap: :slap: :read: :read:

For me being one of the First classes to march under the famous director; Dowell Taylor, I would have to say S.U. because I love to drill and I think that they are the only band that could compete in drills and still maintain : energy for the dance routine and not F'in up the show. :mrt:

JSU- I actually was suppose to crab there in 1991, but I stayed home for a year and transferred to ASU.

SU- I just wanna do one whip turn. :eek: :nod:

Yo azz and yo' dream of the WHIP TURN! :lol:

Why don't you go down there one year, and just ask a whole bunch of former Jukes to line up, and you line up with them, and do that WHIP TURN, and have someone take a picture for ALL POSTERITY! :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back