How much longer will Avery Johnson last at Bama?

He told no lies. The team has added more talent (a 5 star guard from Huntsville) and they have regressed due to poor coaching.

College ball is different than the NBA.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I believe what you're saying is humbug. Avery has forgotten more about basketball than most of you all know and is a born leader.

Auburn winning the SEC title put the pressure on Avery to produce at Tuscaloosa...

i want AJ to be successful but the pressure may be too overwhelming with Auburn on its highhorse now.

Auburn winning the SEC title put the pressure on Avery to produce at Tuscaloosa...

i want AJ to be successful but the pressure may be too overwhelming with Auburn on its highhorse now.

And if he loses to Norfolk State this week in the NIT!

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I believe what you're saying is humbug. Avery has forgotten more about basketball than most of you all know and is a born leader.

I'm pretty sure he has but the results speak for themselves. It's not debatable. You're looking at Avery from an SU perspective and not the current reality. And that's fine, but results are results.

Which player has improved on his watch this year? Let's talk ball and not hypotheticals.

I guess this shows you how much I really know or follow Crimson Tide Basketball. The last time I remember them having any kind of relevance was when Wimp Sanderson was around. After he was fired, Bama seemed to have some good individual players but I never thought of them as a Basketball school.

@DAHILL How was they horrible under Grant? They went to the NIT his second year and the NCAA Tourney his third year (something they had not done in like 5 or 6 years before) then back to the NIT. What more can you ask from a school where football is King?

I've simply never thought highly of Crimson Tide Basketball. I used to joke and say UAB or South Alabama would have better shot of winning a National Championship before Alabama. But that was when those schools were much stronger than they are now in the sport. Remember when Bama would not play them and when they did, it was because they had to in the NCAA or NIT tourneys and Bama lost to both of them?

@2kool I think Crimson Tide Basketball will never rise above it's hip as long as football is king...now on the other side of the state, long as Bruce Pearl is over there not getting caught up in something shady, War Eagle Basketball is what you want to watch out for...LOL! He as made them relevant just like that!
Dang, fast forward to March 2019 and these words I spoke could not be more true....I have been many things, good and bad, but one thing I am not is a false prophet....LOL

Reactions: J C

Exactly, their biggest rival beat a team by 20 that was ranked number one for part of the season. That same team beat Kentucky to get to the tournament final. I am sure that more than a couple of Bama fans remember the good years under Newton and Sanderson.

For decades during and after Rupp, the SEC was a Kentucky conference. Then teams like LSU, Alabama, Florida and Arkansas made noise for about 30 years. Some others like Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Georgia made a little during that time period. Then after Florida's national championships, it again became a Kentucky conference. Now, the SEC is not just a Kentucky conference.

If I'm an NBA team owner, Avery could be my President of Basketball Operations any day of the week. Or head coach. But if Im a college AD, there are better head coach options. Avery and his staff failed to develop the talent they recruited

I thought Avery was a great fit at Bama. But, the team under Avery was going backwards and he couldn't fire the players up.

Back