How much longer will Avery Johnson last at Bama?

CEE DOG

I don't keep up with it, but I've been hearing a lot of the Bama fans at work calling for his departure.

When he got hired, I didn't think he could win there. Some folks on here argued me down and accused me of hating. I was just being real.

Right now, Bama is in the tourney according to Joe Linardi. They mess around and listen to "those" alums if they want to and end up back to being irrelevant again in basketball

I don't keep up with it, but I've been hearing a lot of the Bama fans at work calling for his departure.

Well, I am a Bama alumni, and I have been wondering for a while, how long he is going to last. To be honest, I never thought Bama was a good fit for him in the first place. Its hard to win in basketball at Bama. I don't know why. Maybe football sucks too much oxygen out of the air.

Hopefully, he can keep them on the winning track, and they make a good run in the NCAA tournament.

I haven’t heard not ONE Bama fan call for his departure... he will make the NCAA tourney ... game are selling out... crowd is energized ... Bama fans love Avery .

Oh. Ok. I don't live in Alabama anymore so I am not in the loop on what the fans are feeling. Now me personally, I have not felt a disturbance in "the force". LOL!!!!!

I was wondering. These two guys in my office and some of the other white guys were complaining about them losing last night. They were saying they're tired of spending money going to the games and him losing. I also clicked on Al.com and read some redneck's saying something similar so I was curious.

I was wondering. These two guys in my office and some of the other white guys were complaining about them losing last night. They were saying they're tired of spending money going to the games and him losing. I also clicked on Al.com and read some redneck's saying something similar so I was curious.
He also has one of the youngest teams in America. They better chill. This isn't football, they aren't going to win 99% of their games like Saban has been doing lately.

I haven’t heard not ONE Bama fan call for his departure... he will make the NCAA tourney ... game are selling out... crowd is energized ... Bama fans love Avery .
That's what I thought. I was wondering what they were talking about. I try not to read to much into the Al.com comments section because I know some of them just say hateful stuff. Lol

they've got to get rid of him before he has too much success. otherwise he'll be better than their beloved wimp sanderson.

I got behind Avery at the start of the season and watched several games. The uproar is about being inconsistent. He has young players who are talented & learning. Collin Sexton is a beast. I hope they leave him alone and give him a chance. He is building a good basketball program. What the Bama folks see is Bruce Pearl at Auburn having a good season.

Dude brought in the #1 PG/G in the country there
2uzp8hv.jpg

If true, the hell is wrong with these cacs, they are starting to act like LSU in football, them delusional mf'ers
2ecm44g.jpg

BAMAs #1 fan has spoken. This thread is useless now. Who started this thread again?

Most of the Bama folks getting antsy about Avery are dumb fans that expect to dominate every game like football.
You know, I really didn't think their former coach (the one that came from VCU), did a bad job. Didn't he make the program better overall (shrugging shoulders) before he was fired?

You know, I really didn't think their former coach (the one that came from VCU), did a bad job. Didn't he make the program better overall (shrugging shoulders) before he was fired?

He took it from the floor, but the ceiling was low. He simply couldn't elevate them past their own hip...

He took it from the floor, but the ceiling was low. He simply couldn't elevate them past their own hip...
He was HORRIBLE !
I guess this shows you how much I really know or follow Crimson Tide Basketball. The last time I remember them having any kind of relevance was when Wimp Sanderson was around. After he was fired, Bama seemed to have some good individual players but I never thought of them as a Basketball school.

@DAHILL How was they horrible under Grant? They went to the NIT his second year and the NCAA Tourney his third year (something they had not done in like 5 or 6 years before) then back to the NIT. What more can you ask from a school where football is King?

I've simply never thought highly of Crimson Tide Basketball. I used to joke and say UAB or South Alabama would have better shot of winning a National Championship before Alabama. But that was when those schools were much stronger than they are now in the sport. Remember when Bama would not play them and when they did, it was because they had to in the NCAA or NIT tourneys and Bama lost to both of them?

@2kool I think Crimson Tide Basketball will never rise above it's hip as long as football is king...now on the other side of the state, long as Bruce Pearl is over there not getting caught up in something shady, War Eagle Basketball is what you want to watch out for...LOL! He as made them relevant just like that!

Last edited:
I guess this shows you how much I really know or follow Crimson Tide Basketball. The last time I remember them having any kind of relevance was when Wimp Sanderson was around. After he was fired, Bama seemed to have some good individual players but I never thought of them as a Basketball school.

@DAHILL How was they horrible under Grant? They went to the NIT his second year and the NCAA Tourney his third year (something they had not done in like 5 or 6 years before) then back to the NIT. What more can you ask from a school where football is King?

I've simply never thought highly of Crimson Tide Basketball. I used to joke and say UAB or South Alabama would have better shot of winning a National Championship before Alabama. But that was when those schools were much stronger than they are now in the sport. Remember when Bama would not play them and when they did, it was because they had to in the NCAA or NIT tourneys and Bama lost to both of them?

@2kool I think Crimson Tide Basketball will never rise above it's hip as long as football is king...now on the other side of the state, long as Bruce Pearl is over there not getting caught up in something shady, War Eagle Basketball is what you want to watch out for...LOL! He as made them relevant just like that!

I didnt say the team was horrible... I said Grant as a coach as horrible.... Thus the reason a lot of players transferred. His style was BORING. He had athletes but didnt want to run. Thats the reason Trevor Lacey transferred then was ALL ACC at NC State. I was GLAD to see him go..... also Avery kicked Pearl ass this year!

Back