How is your lawn doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Since we started this a few months ago and how is everyones lawn looking since we all gave suggestions.

I'll post a pic of mines later, can you post your pics?

My yard is looking good.......

Its looking pretty good. Fully green. In fact, It rained yesterday and I need t cut it.

Last I spoke with Shamocha, I was supposed to have taken some before and after photos.

Since TruGreen came out, my crab grass is gone, but since they sprayed another weed has come up. IT rises higher that the regular grass and it's shinier. I'll post some pics of it later this week.

I put some lime down towards the end of April- and my lawn looks good. I'll put some more down towards the end of this month. We've been sneaking to water our grass at night, so that's helping as well.

I'm good.

No weeds...a few brown spots bother other wise pretty dark green. I just can't keep those viny weeds out of my flower bed.

I'm green just about all over. I have one corner of the yard that's brown, but that's due to that part of the yard needing to be dug up for a busted pipe.

My lawn looks much better this year, due to all the rain Dallas is finally receiving. I have flowers blooming that I've never seen before.

My looks brown and I'm not going to do anything about it. One of the 2 back strips are looking better. My flower beds and rock walkway are gorgeous.

My back yard looks horrid. I bought the things I need to get it ready for NEXT year.

Mrs. Sonic, I am having the same problem. I pay someone to cut my lawn every two weeks but this year, it needs it every week because of whatever the heck that weed is. It grows twice as fast as the grass!! When cut, my lawn (front and side) is beautiful. I am going to dig up every plant from the sid of my house. I don't want any of them!! No, not one. I ain't told my wife yet but when she comes home from work on Saturday, she will figure it out.

No weeds...a few brown spots bother other wise pretty dark green. I just can't keep those viny weeds out of my flower bed.

I dug mine up from the roots and literally poured the liquid weed killer in the hole. I did this about 2 months ago, and I haven't seen any yet.

My back yard looks horrid. I bought the things I need to get it ready for NEXT year.

Mrs. Sonic, I am having the same problem. I pay someone to cut my lawn every two weeks but this year, it needs it every week because of whatever the heck that weed is. It grows twice as fast as the grass!! When cut, my lawn (front and side) is beautiful. I am going to dig up every plant from the sid of my house. I don't want any of them!! No, not one. I ain't told my wife yet but when she comes home from work on Saturday, she will figure it out.

Yes, that's the same weed. Instead of mowing the lawn every week, I tell my husband to just get the weed eater out and cut the patches of that weed down. It makes no sense.

Turning green, but have a few dry spots because of the drought.

My yard is the same. We finally had some rain on Sunday and Monday. Hopefully that will help with the dry spots. Actually, my sprinkler hose busted for zone 1 in the front of my house. I bought the pipe that I'm going to use to replace the busted pipe. Once I fix that, I should be able to water my front yard and get ride of the dry spots.

Between a cool but almost completely dry spring ( .5 inch of rain since Jan 1) and water restrictions, my lawn is described in 3 words:

SNAP, CRACKLE, POP

I'm embarassed to talk about my yard. I fired my lawn man for cutting the yard too low, bought another lawn mower and decided to handle it myself. I also went through the Scotts turf builder treatment and had my grass green and the blades wide and thick. Then I happened. I bought some Spectracide lawn weed killer. I placed it right next to the Spectracide weed and grass killer. Then I picked up the weed and grass killer and sprayed my damn yard. I didn't realize what I'd done until I noticed some crabgrass on the curb browning. I knew lawn week killer wouldn't kill crabgrass. That's when I realized what I'd done. So I've been spending the last month rehabilitating my yard. The damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but there are still a few brown spots. And this drought ain't helped none. I been watering and watering.

Y'all ain't gone see no pics of my yard. :(

lol

Green. Abnormal amt of rain in the metroplex this year. I did a weed killer about a month or so ago for this one neighbor who gives not a damn about his yard. :retard: You can literally see the deep green line where mine starts and their weeds start.

Haven't used the sprinkler system yet but will probably turn it on/test it starting tomorrw.

:tup:

I'm embarassed to talk about my yard. I fired my lawn man for cutting the yard too low, bought another lawn mower and decided to handle it myself. I also went through the Scotts turf builder treatment and had my grass green and the blades wide and thick. Then I happened. I bought some Spectracide lawn weed killer. I placed it right next to the Spectracide weed and grass killer. Then I picked up the weed and grass killer and sprayed my damn yard. I didn't realize what I'd done until I noticed some crabgrass on the curb browning. I knew lawn week killer wouldn't kill crabgrass. That's when I realized what I'd done. So I've been spending the last month rehabilitating my yard. The damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but there are still a few brown spots. And this drought ain't helped none. I been watering and watering.

Y'all ain't gone see no pics of my yard. :(

Damn Rob! :shame: Damn mane. :shame:

But it's still :lol: Damn! :emlaugh:

The drought is not helping my lawn. I need to get in the flower bed and pull up the weeds. I am going to remove the red mulch and put some rocks in the flower bed to keep the weeds down.

I have a bird's nest on my porch. What should I do?

And I'm going to put some rocks in my bed to Kellis. I dont like that pine straw stuff.

And I'm going to put some rocks in my bed to Kellis. I dont like that pine straw stuff.
We took the pinestraws out last year. The red mulch scatters too much and I get tired of replacing it. The rocks will stay in place a little better.

We took the pinestraws out last year. The red mulch scatters too much and I get tired of replacing it. The rocks will stay in place a little better.

The only downside to the rocks is that those rocks will conduct heat. So, the hotter it is outside, the worse it is for the plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back