House of Payne

I don't think it's hate from everyone on this board. But what is SAD is that COLLECTIVELY our people will tear down another brother/sister quicker than I can spell my 8-letter name. We're non-supportive, even when someone is putting out something that's CLEAN and POSITIVE.
But let someone put something (any form of entertainment) with curses in every other word, degrades our black queens and uses the "N" word here and there, and that product is HOT!!!!!!!!!! :smh:

Could it be we don't like it when the other comedians play that role either. I don't like Master P's music but I respect his business savvy. The same with TP. I do not like his brand of comedy but to each it's on, but I respect his business savvy and how he has pulled himself up from the bottom with the help of God. I've only seen one or two of his plays and they were okay but I would rather be watching something else. No knock on him but I will not be turning to TBS either. Keep doing your thing Tyler just count me out as a fan of it....

Oh naw shawty, dat's cool. :tup: I just find that MOST men don't care for TP or his plays/show simply because he dresses like a woman. :smh: But if u don't like his type of comedy, I can respect that......I just hate when folks REFUSE to give his comedy a chance just cause he protrays a woman or it's spiritual related. :tup:

Everyone is different......shid, whenever I want a good laugh, I just pop in a Madea DVD. :nod: :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't think it's hate from everyone on this board. But what is SAD is that COLLECTIVELY our people will tear down another brother/sister quicker than I can spell my 8-letter name. We're non-supportive, even when someone is putting out something that's CLEAN and POSITIVE.

That's the slave mentality...they in here disputing that the man got the deal he got. Boy, I tell ya. black folks and flies...:tdown:

Oh naw shawty, dat's cool. :tup: I just find that MOST men don't care for TP or his plays/show simply because he dresses like a woman. :smh: But if u don't like his type of comedy, I can respect that......I just hate when folks REFUSE to give his comedy a chance just cause he protraits a woman or it's spiritual related. :tup:

Everyone is different......shid, whenever I want a good laugh, I just pop in a Madea DVD. :nod: :lol:

Thank you...most of the men on this board said that exact, same thing. They didn't like how he portrayed a woman in a dress, but yet, I haven't seen not one of them complain about all those other actors that have done the same thing. I'm just wondering where all the hate for TP is coming from.

Why is it hate?? Is it hate because we don't care for his brand of entertainment. I would rather watch something that intrest me. I'm also not a big fan of most reality shows. I don't knock you for liking them I just don't watch. No hate here. Hate is when I say you shouldn't watch either and that's not the case.

It's hate because instead of just refraining from saying anything when we have nothing nice to say, we still have to let the world know we don't care for Tyler's work and why. Other folks can not support each other behind the scenes, but we'll never know it because they won't blast it on front street.

Instead of saying encouraging words about Tyler(one human applauding another human for his being successfully legally), we have to let the world know our negative feelings about him. But as I already said, his blessings aren't dependent upon man anyway. Thank God. That's the bottom line.

Vette you know the homophopia thing has been placed on all the guys who wear dresses exept chris rock and martin. Tyler became famous for this role and the other comedians became famous before they put on the dress so they may be getting a free pass. I mean the two I've seen were funny but my TV viewing consist of ESPN,CNN,Any of the discovery//learning channels and HBO. I sometimes watch network shows but I don't get hooked on them because I always miss episodes. I just don't let TV dictate my life anymore.

If I miss a show I miss it. Tyler is doing his thing and my hat is off to him for real.:bowdown:

Other folks can not support each other behind the scenes, but we'll never know it because they won't blast it on front street.

GIRL, WHAT YOU SAY!!?!?!?! :nod:
White folks hate each other, too! :lol: But guess what? We won't see it. They KNOW how to put up a united front.

White folks hate each other and still go to lunch together...:lol:

You know?!? :lol: I've worked around them (where I was the only chocolate face in the office-- other than the maintenance staff). Man, they dog each other out and gossip, too. But you ain't 'gon see that out in the open. They (strangers AND co-workers) use to come to me, talking about their disgust for somebody (I guess they felt the 'black gal' ain't 'gon tell nobody).

Its amazing how some of you can take a simple difference of opinion and turn it into a crusade. Instead of it being a matter of personal taste, its a matter of whether or not you "support" positive black people. Or whether you can handle a show that's spiritual based or not. Or worser still, whether you're a "positive" Black or just one of those who just wanna hate and tear each other down. That's beyond ridiculous. Some of you need to get over yourselves. Unless Tyler Perry is putting money in your pocket, what's it to you whether someone likes him or not?

You know?!? :lol: I've worked around them (where I was the only chocolate face in the office-- other than the maintenance staff). Man, they dog each other out and gossip, too. But you ain't 'gon see that out in the open.

I don't know what white people you've been around. But the ones I've worked with are just as bad as us when it comes to that. This "white folks stick together when it counts" stuff is largely a myth.

I don't know what white people you've been around. But the ones I've worked with are just as bad as us when it comes to that. This "white folks stick together when it counts" stuff is largely a myth.

Not where I am, and I was speaking from MY EXPERIENCE. And I didn't say my experience was the Gospel. There are exceptions to everything.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wanna clear something up. I admire Tyler Perry for his perseverance and the things he's accomplished but I'm just not interested. I support him but this just doesn't strike my attention.

Better watch out, they gonna be calling you a hater or a Nazi or something for not agreeing that this guy is the chosen one....

I wanna clear something up. I admire Tyler Perry for his perseverance and the things he's accomplished but I'm just not interested. I support him but this just doesn't strike my attention.

Cleared. I respect your point. :bump:

Just wondering, how do you "support" an entertainer?

Attending their events
Purchasing their products (books, CDs, gear, etc.)
Watching their shows increase their TV ratings

... and at the very least, keeping your mouth closed when you have nothing nice to say.

Hater!!:smash: :smash: :slap:

:rolleyes:

:wavey:

Ok, now...now that the 1st episode is over, what are your thoughts? For me, I really hope it gets better. Also, he betta be glad he got them to pay for all 100 episodes up front. If it were not for that, I would say that the show would not last. I really did not like episode one. I did not laugh at all and it seemed "empty" at times. My wife, who happens to be one of the biggest TP fans in the world, agreed with my viewpoint. My son though, he enjoyed it.

I was totally disappointed also. I did not laugh at all watching the first episode. I did not watch the second one. I hope things get better.

Attending their events
Purchasing their products (books, CDs, gear, etc.)
Watching their shows increase their TV ratings

... and at the very least, keeping your mouth closed when you have nothing nice to say.

Support is when attend your kid's teeball game and cheer like crazy even if it's not entertaining. You do it because you're a parent. When you purchase a Perry DVD or watch his show, you do so because you want to be entertained. It's crazy to expect someone to watch Tyler Perry when it's not their cup of tea just because he's black. And its even crazier to expect them to not voice their opinion if they don't like his work.

Back