Honda, What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well......i've seen MBC and j-state in 3 different decades and very easily over 15 times apeice and I say that MBC is jackson state's "Daddy" :lol: :emlaugh:

(now it is just JROCK's opinion........but i don't get much wrong)

I have to agree with what you said about MBC... I saw them when I was in the Juke (early-Mid 90s) and was not impressed, they were a bad imitation of SU with high schoolish drum majors. Now in 2000 when they came to Mumford they were ok in the stands... But I have never understood hype of that band:noidea:

Oh yeah TP, the rest of your post was BULLSH@T!!!:lol:

Lol......

I heard MBC my senior year in high school in their bandroom (the old one)...I like what I heard from them...heard them up against aamu in 96 my crab year at SU......Honestly it looked and sounded like a high school match up...too much fanfares for my taste

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Lol......

I heard MBC my senior year in high school in their bandroom (the old one)...I like what I heard from them...heard them up against aamu in 96 my crab year at SU......Honestly it looked and sounded like a high school match up...too much fanfares for my taste

We did a BOTB in 95 in Oakland, and MBC was there. They ended up being the laughing stock of the event. Drills were horrible and drum majors shook and shimmied the entire show, as if they were never on the same page as the band:noidea:! Kinda felt sorry for 'em.... seriously.

I guess we all have our likes, because I never got into SU. Nice band, just not my style.

See you Sippi. JSU came to Fulton County for a battle of the bands. They also played Bama St and Marched in the parade. Man look, you kids who came to college after 92 don't know nothing about bands. That's why I was addressing JR, TP ad Jrock. I don't talk to yall about bands. You no nothing but tapes okay.

wow!

It really get on your nevers that Morris Brown Marching Wolverines were better. :lol: :emlaugh:

J-State could not out drill MBC if their collective lives depended on it. And you people certainly did not have more power than MBC. TigerPride, you can't be that myopic! :lol: :emlaugh: Oh i forgot you're TP! :lol: :emlaugh:

Morris Brown's sound was HORRIBLE. They actually reminded me of Alabama State ----just more ragged.

Last edited:
Jackson State never played Mo Brown in 1991, that game was cancelled.

He may mean for a BOB or something. Also, I don't recall 1991 being a good year for the BOOM. I think that was the first year Taylor had left and some dude from Southern was our interim head director. Even Alcorn tore a hole in us that year. :smh:

I have to agree with what you said about MBC... I saw them when I was in the Juke (early-Mid 90s) and was not impressed, they were a bad imitation of SU with high schoolish drum majors. Now in 2000 when they came to Mumford they were ok in the stands... But I have never understood hype of that band:noidea:

Dude, when I moved to ATL, my boy took me to a MoBrown game and thought he was showing me something. I took him to Jackson to a Homecoming and he ain't mentioned his band since... :lol:

Oh yeah TP, the rest of your post was BULLSH@T!!!:lol:

:D

Y'all have excuse TP....dude typed a whole thesis full of lies because he is upset of what people outside of jackson think of jsu.....gawd help him

Yeah, people outside of Jackson think we suck. :rolleyes:

If you want to be more accurate, the people of Jackson and our alums are way more critical of our band than you all realize. :lecture:

Morris Brown's sound was HORRIBLE. They actually reminded me of Alabama State just more ragged.

Sorry TP, it really pains me to say that Morris Brown had more power than Jackson State.

The last time I saw MBC and jsu perform in the same year was 2002. And, i am telling you that MBC would have made jsu look like BADUSSY that year. :lol: :emlaugh:

Sorry TP, it really pains me to say that Morris Brown had more power than Jackson State.

The last time I saw MBC and jsu perform in the same year was 2002. And, i am telling you that MBC would have made jsu look like BADUSSY that year. :lol: :emlaugh:

If you are impressed with POWER...cool. MBC had some power but they sounded like a train wreck. :lecture:

Yeah, people outside of Jackson think we suck. :rolleyes:

If you want to be more accurate, the people of Jackson and our alums are way more critical of our band than you all realize. :lecture:

You see TP, jsu band has traveled across the country lucking really slouchy at times. Your drums all dirty, weather beaten and worn out and until you tried to subtly change your uniforms similar to S.U. a lot of us old heads can remember those dirty cotton hats and raunchy uniforms that you all would wear. Now you all have improved and probably would be #3 currently with HBCU(s) but believe me, JSU was not #3 when Morris Brown left the game in 2002. Don't let anyone make you believe otherwise. :lol: :emlaugh: If JROCK tells you that you can fly, just attach some wings to your back and enjoy the flight!

:lol: :emlaugh:

Last edited:
You see TP, jsu band has traveled across the country lucking really slouchy at times. Your drums all dirty, weather beaten and worn out and until you tried to subtly change your uniforms similar to S.U. a lot of us old heads can remember those dirty cotton hats and raunchy uniforms that you all would wear. Now you all have improved and probably would be #3 currently with HBCU(s) but believe me, JSU was not #3 when Morris Brown left the game in 2002. Don't let anyone make you believe otherwise. :lol: :emlaugh: If JROCK tells you that you can fly, just attach some wings to yout back and enjoy the flight!

JROCK dang that's was a long time ago and I've seen MB and they were not all that. Shoot FAMU still has several different unis, drummajors mace's with the stainless steel peeled off down to just a rusty mace but that doesn't take from the band.:noidea:

Shoot if you look at several angles of the SU footage you see crooked lines and such but you guys miss those things when referring to the Jukebox.

You see TP, jsu band has traveled across the country lucking really slouchy at times. Your drums all dirty, weather beaten and worn out and until you tried to subtly change your uniforms similar to S.U. a lot of us old heads can remember those dirty cotton hats and raunchy uniforms that you all would wear. Now you all have improved and probably would be #3 currently with HBCU(s) but believe me, JSU was not #3 when Morris Brown left the game in 2002. Don't let anyone make you believe otherwise. :lol: :emlaugh: If JROCK tells you that you can fly, just attach some wings to yout back and enjoy the flight!

Yeah, we can to BR looking tired and tattered as we stomped a hole in SUcks football team and the Jokebox. :lecture:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah, we can to BR looking tired and tattered as we stomped a hole in SUcks football team and the Jokebox. :lecture:

You see TP, jsu has prospered by being afforded the opportunity to compete against the JukeBox every year. Association in many instances bring on assimilation. However, jsu can never be the original as good as they are. That is why MBC was better than you all when they left the game. Those people did their own thing and was not obsessed with mimicking S.U. They were better at drilling, more powerful, had superior musicality and were heads and heels better than jsu in the stands. Don't believe your lying myopic eyes and go with my crack (not like on Lynch Street) shot scoop vision!

:lol: :lol:

JROCK dang that's was a long time ago and I've seen MB and they were not all that. Shoot FAMU still has several different unis, drummajors mace's with the stainless steel peeled off down to just a rusty mace but that doesn't take from the band.:noidea:

Shoot if you look at several angles of the SU footage you see crooked lines and such but you guys miss those things when referring to the Jukebox.

close your eyes, grit your teeth and bare with me while I give TP counseling......... :lol: :emlaugh:

(I know some of you all aren't accustomed to seeing a SMACK Emeritus in this forum......don't worry, I will be gone shortly for several months......I guess the Honda Battle of the Bands have me perusing this forum) :lol: :emlaugh:

Last edited:
close your eyes, grit your teeth and bare with me while I give TP counseling......... :lol: :emlaugh:

(I know some of you all aren't accustomed to seeing a SMACK Emeritus in this forum......don't worry, I will be gone shortly for several months......I guess the Honda Battle of the Bands have me perusing this forum) :lol: :emlaugh:

Oh joy....

You see TP, jsu band has traveled across the country lucking really slouchy at times. Your drums all dirty, weather beaten and worn out and until you tried to subtly change your uniforms similar to S.U. a lot of us old heads can remember those dirty cotton hats and raunchy uniforms that you all would wear. Now you all have improved and probably would be #3 currently with HBCU(s) but believe me, JSU was not #3 when Morris Brown left the game in 2002. Don't let anyone make you believe otherwise. :lol: :emlaugh: If JROCK tells you that you can fly, just attach some wings to your back and enjoy the flight!

JSU got the powder blue uniforms first, not Southern. :wavey:

I simply enjoy exposing jsu football and band for the frauds they are! However, I do want to see TP get well and that is why I drill him with reality. It is the "Grits Theory" authored by an unknown Mississippi philosopher. Throw a lot of reality (metaphor for grits TP) at him and something may stick!

I simply enjoy exposing jsu football and band for the frauds they are! However, I do want to see TP get well and that is why I drill him with reality. It is the "Grits Theory" authored by an unknown Mississippi philosopher. Throw a lot of reality (metaphor for grits TP) at him and something may stick!

Man, please...the proof is in the pudding... we hold on own with SUcks win more ways than one and typically we win. That is why ya'll hate us! :lol:

Man, please...the proof is in the pudding... we hold on own with SUcks win more ways than one and typically we win. That is why ya'll hate us! :lol:

Listen TP, just because I push the envelope and let you know that MBC Marching Wolverines were ahead of jsu when leaving the game, there is no need to talk in tongue! :lol: :emlaugh: Please don't starting chanting like Tina Turner on your next post......

No one hates jsu. Didn't you notices some Jags came to jsu rescue? :lol: :emlaugh: It would get boring just smacking Gram and FAMU. jsu has a role and plays it well. So "get in where you fit in," and just be happy that you're graced with the presence of the Jaguar Nation and all of its grandeur!

JSU got the powder blue uniforms first, not Southern. :wavey:

When did ASU get those skid mark color uniforms and was it the smell that attracted you heathens to them first? :lol: :emlaugh:

(I hope you all know that when ASU marches in the stadium and see those uniforms every SWAC schools say look at all of the cow manure coming.......true story but don't worry about it)

BTW what's with those plastic black drummer boy hats? From a distance, it looks like some big nasty flies sitting on all of the sh........ never mind!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back