Honda Battle of the Bands

Originally posted by TX_FINEST
THERE'S NO NEED FOR PVU TO EVEN VOTE BECAUSE IF WE WON IT AIN'T LIKE WE WOULD GO ANYWAY......LOL:eek:

Heyyyy! :redhot: I voted for Prairie View. The BOX needs at least some recognition! :D

Why can't 2 SWAC schools go? I wanted to vote for the Ocean, too!

Originally posted by GoodFella
Even though during the season of 02 Grambling was not as good, they did put on a good show at the BOTB in ATL, I was stuned when they came out in the white tuxes....

Thanks, by the way, I here yall turnin heads this year.. Good Job. Represent....

Originally posted by Choppas
i agree but are some other points to add
why is pvu number1 they are unseen b y a lot of people. grambling is garbarge forever and aday
why did they leave off the boom, there is no swac with out the boom

No SWAC without the boom, interesting as well.

JSU should be on there...

Big ups goes to JSU but the SWAC must go on..

:idea:

Originally posted by Mastermind
Heyyyy! :redhot: I voted for Prairie View. The BOX needs at least some recognition! :D

Why can't 2 SWAC schools go? I wanted to vote for the Ocean, too!

So what is it that stops PV from getting recognition?? Why want the school let you travel?

Can't Vote

I've tried voting on the SWAC section and they will not let me. I tried other computers as well. That's Fugged up!!!:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by FunkyTone_98_2
GSU old routines? I guess you mean Rocks Da House. GSU is the last band that needs to talk about stealing. Other than Rocks Da House, there is nothing else GSU can claim over anyone else.

Bra know your history let me tell Gramblings original fight song was I'm So Glad but konw it's I'm So Glad I Go To JSU or I'm So Glad I Go To FAMU or any other school so therefore Dr. Hutchinson and Mr. Wiley wrote the present day fight song that we play now so think about it. Okay about the Honda thing thanks for the comments my boy from UAPB yeah we held it down so for all you hatter look at it like this since you all say you all are better than us and we got more house than MBC and TSU think about how good the SWAC must really be then. Just food for thought.

Originally posted by 98LastRip
So what is it that stops PV from getting recognition?? Why want the school let you travel?

I don't attend PV, I'm just a fan of the BOX and I just happened to vote for them, so sadly, I can't answer that question...

What is the point in voting, last year Bama St. was killing everybody as far as voting goes and then they tell us yall cheated we taking yall votes and then they send the world lamed out there. Im not gone even vote this year.:eek:
:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by JEd
What is the point in voting, last year Bama St. was killing everybody as far as voting goes and then they tell us yall cheated we taking yall votes and then they send the world lamed out there. Im not gone even vote this year.:eek:
:eek: :eek:

ARE GUYS EVEN READING........

http://www.hondabattleofthebands.co...eases_r2_c3.gif

pay close attention to the part IN PARAGRAPH FOUR, that says that online voting is a part of a 3 part process. Online voting is 33.3 or so part of the equation. You can win the online voting and lose the other two and still not go. Last year I believe it was a 4 part voting process.

Originally posted by Choppas
i agree but are some other points to add
why is pvu number1 they are unseen b y a lot of people. grambling is garbarge forever and aday
why did they leave off the boom, there is no swac with out the boom
DON'T WORRY WHY PV IS IN FIRST PLACE.....WE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT....STOP HATING AND GO VOTE :mad:

Originally posted by World Famed
Bra know your history let me tell Gramblings original fight song was I'm So Glad but konw it's I'm So Glad I Go To JSU or I'm So Glad I Go To FAMU or any other school so therefore Dr. Hutchinson and Mr. Wiley wrote the present day fight song that we play now so think about it. Okay about the Honda thing thanks for the comments my boy from UAPB yeah we held it down so for all you hatter look at it like this since you all say you all are better than us and we got more house than MBC and TSU think about how good the SWAC must really be then. Just food for thought.

So, Grambling is the original composer of the song I'm So Glad? IF not you can't make claim just because you were the first known to play it. Whose to say some high school band wasn't playing it? Whose to say someone wasn't leaving church one day, was thinking about thier school at the same time, stuck their school in there, and unofficialy made it into a school song?

Re: Can't Vote

Originally posted by dominion1906
I've tried voting on the SWAC section and they will not let me. I tried other computers as well. That's Fugged up!!!:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Me either...

That's shows you the SWAC is already decided:rolleyes:

votes don't matter

Re: Re: Can't Vote

Originally posted by Jayson
Me either...

That's shows you the SWAC is already decided:rolleyes:

votes don't matter

are you guys really that stupid......
pay close attention to the part IN PARAGRAPH FOUR, that says that online voting is a part of a 3 part process. Online voting is 33.3 or so part of the equation. You can win the online voting and lose the other two and still not go. Last year I believe it was a 4 part voting process.

Re: Re: Re: Can't Vote

Originally posted by COACH

Which why i said

VOTES DON'T REALLY MATTER:rolleyes:

Re: Here we go !!!!

Originally posted by Legend35
:read: Let's see now,....
1. G.S.U. Was the first Band in the SWAC to do a non-stop performance (without a count off to another song) which you stole and used on Tenn St. Last year!(even though the gospel song didn't fit in the show)
2. G.S.U. break down with the horns in our hand looks the same. Yours is just a little long and drawn out!!!
3. The G.S.U. Band come up with a half time show on paper and made it a reality on the field until you come along with your spies and steal our concept all to throw it in our faces at game time. Even the tactic of sending spies is not an original of JSU. You stole that too. :shame:

it is sad that you say GSU has never stole anything!! and first class bands don't shoot the middle finger at the opposing band! so ask mach to show you some of those tapes. i understand yall being loyal but dang..are you deaf? GSU song selection is good at times but yall have always been known as the band that shakes their butts for the other folx!

Re: Re: Here we go !!!!

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
it is sad that you say GSU has never stole anything!! and first class bands don't shoot the middle finger at the opposing band! so ask mach to show you some of those tapes. i understand yall being loyal but dang..are you deaf? GSU song selection is good at times but yall have always been known as the band that shakes their butts for the other folx!
You never read such a statement in my post. I never said that. But, since you brought it up,....there was a time when we had our own unique style and did not copy off another band. When bands were being video taped,....it was for the purpose of correcting mistakes. The other band was not even on the film.Those days are gone!!! I wish that we let southern be southern and let Grambling go back to doing the things that made Grambling,... Grambling My bottom line was at a time when we were innovatively creative,.....other bands including JSU used some of our ideas and they are still in use today.

Re: Re: Here we go !!!!

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
GSU song selection is good at times but yall have always been known as the band that shakes their butts for the other folx!
What does that mean????

Please explain.

Originally posted by World Famed
Okay about the Honda thing thanks for the comments my boy from UAPB yeah we held it down so for all you hatter look at it like this since you all say you all are better than us and we got more house than MBC and TSU think about how good the SWAC must really be then. Just food for thought.

oh lawd.....:rolleyes:

White Tuxedo's; staging a wedding proposal on the field; gimmicks by any other name......are still gimmicks. Let's not get carried away. Oh well, i'll leave you to continue fighting for your fellow swacers approval.

I'm bout to fall out my chair laughing at you!!!!

Originally posted by BlackCrat

White Tuxedo's; staging a wedding proposal on the field; gimmicks by any other name......are still gimmicks. Let's not get carried away. Oh well, i'll leave you to continue fighting for your fellow swacers approval.
:lmao: :lmao:
Gimmicks,.....well,......I don't know if I want to call them gimmicks but, it was all centered around the music. That was the main attraction. It was a very creative idea and at the same time it did not outstage the music.

Originally posted by BlackCrat

First the wedding proposal was real believe it or not and I put that on the S****e (all my bras know what that means) but ah like i said it was no joke. But like I said earlier food for thought if we are so bad and we got more house than MBC and TSU and since you all say that you all are light years better than us then think about how good the SWAC must really be.

Here are a few observations for you all:

1. The Alabama schools have been switched!! If you look at the bar for each school, the bar is in one of the colors of that school. Alabama State is gold and they are in the lead. Bama A&M is maroon and they are in 3rd or 4th place (not sure where they are really). For some reason, Bama A&M is listed over Bama State's votes and vice versa.
I don't know what's going on but it seems like there is always some type of controversy going on with the SWAC votes. Last year the cheating accusations were flying all around. This year, JSU's not in it (and they would easily finish in the top 2) and the names are in the wrong place for the Bama schools. Honda needs to be up on their isht if they want to have fan voting.

2. It's been said over and over again that THE TOP 2 BANDS FROM EACH CONFERENCE AND THE TOP 2 INDEPENDENT BANDS WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT!! Don't be mad because your band is in second place. Right now, that's a good thing. And that leads me to point 3.

3. Just because you are one of the top 2 in votes doesn't mean that you should start calling your friends and family saying that you all are going to the Honda Battle of the Bands in Atlanta!! You still have to pass the other 2 rounds of voting before you can go anywhere. You might be dead last in votes but if you are 1 or 2 in the other voting rounds, you could possibly be headed to Atlanta in January (I had to give the Valley people some kind of hope :D )!!

4. For those of you that are on a school network (like the students at Alcorn), if somebody beats you to the voting for that day, Alcorn's IP address is recorded and the entire campus can't vote again until the next day. I finally got to vote today. If you are on a school network and you want to vote but can't because somebody somewhere on campus beat you to it, you can always dial-up and vote. But, as far as voting with your computer and it's on a network, it's first one to it can vote while the rest have to stand in line and wait for the next day!!

5. To the person that asked where you go to find the results, click on voting booth and it take you to the conferences and you can either vote for ONE band from each conference or you can see the current vote totals if someone has already voted from that IP.

I hope this clears up some stuff for you all!!

Back