Homosexuality 'Born' with it or 'Buck with it?

Whether the choose to be or not...don't matter. It aint nothing new. Just because someone has had the opportunity to see more of it does not make it new or a phenomenon.

My Daddy always said, "aint nothing NEW under the sun"...."keep living..."

J4J said:
Whether the choose to be or not...don't matter. It aint nothing new. Just because someone has had the opportunity to see more of it does not make it new or a phenomenon.

My Daddy always said, "aint nothing NEW under the sun"...."keep living..."

There it is, right there J4J! It's been around since the dawn of time.

While I appreciate an intellectual discussion (well, for the most part,) I must admit I'm kinda stunned by what seems to be a great preoccupation with the issue here as of late. That, and the fact that I agree a great deal with what TP posted! :eek: :lol:

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
There is something I do not understand about the "gene" theory and if it has been disscussed please just point me to the post.

If homosexuality is genetic then how is it propogated if the tendency caused by the genetic difference is to partake in non-reproductive sexual activity? 1. How does this genetic occurence just keep popping up out of the blue on a seemingly consistent basis with the same results? Shouldn't this be rare like some of the other recessive gene or non dominant gene differences? Are there other genetic characteristics that follow this pattern? I just don't see how this would not die off if it was genetic. 2. Are there alot of people that fight the tendencies and reproduce?

I have also noticed a misconception about the term "lifestyle choice". There is a difference between attraction and action. The lifestyle choice is the choice to act on the attraction. The question is why is there a same sex attraction in the first place. 3. That could either be genetic or through something that happened early in a child's life.

1. It doesn't pop up out the blue. There was a recent study which indicated mothers with homosexual or bisexual children carried a common gene that responded in a different manner than mothers who did not have homosexual or bi-sexual children.

In some cultures it is displayed alot more commonly wether it be physical or behavioral or both.

2. I think so. (My Opinion)

3. I think it depends on each individual. Could be a combination of things. (Opinion)

GramFan said:
Shortly afterwards I would see him and started noticing how feminine he was (just as his cousin had said). All of a sudden he was not only bad with but he was bad with the Blaine Edwards and Antoine Merriweahter patented "z" snap. LOL. That was then. I was hoping he was just feminine like that. Now, he is 17 yrs old and gay as a blade. Good news for you Southern people. You'll have his little sweet ass on your campus in the FALL.:flippy:

I had to pause and ROTGDF on this one!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seeing Spots said:
Boy #2 ALWAYS ACTED GAY...lisp, singing gay assed songs by Mary J. Blige, whining ass, was not into sports, never wanted to play outside, like clothes, was a praise dancer at church all from 3-4 years old! Boy #1 was all boy, all the time, liked women watched those videos and get aroused, playing football, basketball, soccer, was outside all the time!

More :lmao: :lmao:!

lil_j said:
1. It doesn't pop up out the blue. There was a recent study which indicated mothers with homosexual or bisexual children carried a common gene that responded in a different manner than mothers who did not have homosexual or bi-sexual children.
(Opinion)

Ok so mother passes on and the children are homo or bi. Now their chances of reproducing have become slim as their sexual preferences are against it. So how does this gene get carried on to the next generation? And shouldn't it become more and more rare? Like people have said this has been here since the beginning of time so shouldn't a group of people with a disposition against sexual reproduction die off. That is why I ask how does the same gene continue to "pop up" if the carriers most likely won't reproduce.

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
Ok so mother passes on and the children are homo or bi. Now their chances of reproducing have become slim as their sexual preferences are against it. So how does this gene get carried on to the next generation? And shouldn't it become more and more rare? Like people have said this has been here since the beginning of time so shouldn't a group of people with a disposition against sexual reproduction die off. That is why I ask how does the same gene continue to "pop up" if the carriers most likely won't reproduce.

Not neccesarily, a lot of homo/bi sexuals reproduce. Societal pressures to fit in. You know, wife, husband 3 kids etc......

BLAQUE PRINCE said:

the perception maybe that homosexuality is a common occurance. it is just a perception. we are bombarded w/ homosexual images by the media ranging from tv shows to news stories about gay ( and I use this term loosely) marriage. tv has gotten young girls in america and western societies believing that you can tounge another women and it's ok. in reality it's an introduction to that lifestyle in much the same way that cannibis is a gatway to more drugs. if you watch mtv you'd think that 1 out of every 5 people is gay, in reality they should only have a gay person on the real world every 7 or 8 seasons to get to the 2 or 3% of the population that they make up. instead they have 1 or 2 every season. talk about being overrepresented.

one would think that over the course of time, if there were a genetic link, that it would be a trait that would be seen less and less. even with a large percentage of those people bowing to societal pressure to be with someone of the opposite sex we can't expect most of those relationships to have children as an end product. after all, sex w/ the opposite gender is not what their about. it would be a small percentage that would engage in sex and a smaller percentage that would concieve a child.

on the other hand, some of us recognize that as we move further and further from God, our minds concieve things that should not be. there does not have to be a genetic link for men to conspire in their hearts to do things that are evil in the site of God. that would explain not a perception, but a real increase in the amount of homosexual activity today.

I think that you are born gay.

How can you teach someone to like MEN or a woman to like women? :xeye:

I hate that I missed out on this discussion, but I have to agree with much of what Tigerpride has posted. For years I based my thoughts on gayness from a religious perspective. GOD don't make mistakes. Being gay is wrong, so you had to have chosen to be that way. But noticing these very young kids exhibit very gay tendencies started to make me wonder. These kids are too young to make that choice, so it has to be something else.

SONNY said:
I think that you are born gay.

How can you teach someone to like MEN or a woman to like women? :xeye:

I don't believe its difficult to do.

lil_j I have agree more with major095's perspective. I can't believe that those that reproduce due to societal pressure could be enough to keep the genetic occurence in existence. The chances simply become slimmer as you go.

I do also believe that like major095 said part of this has become a fad also and it only appears that every other person on TV is homosexual now.

I also believe that action is a choice but the attraction is not. I believe something has to have happened to a person during early childhood to cause this.

What does God say about it? Oh I forgot, most don't want nor cares what God has to say. What a shame. :shame:

JSU Chad said:
What does God say about it? Oh I forgot, most don't want nor cares what God has to say. What a shame. :shame:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
After 5 pages of scanning all these LONG posts, that's about the smartest thing I've read.

Robber said:
I hate that I missed out on this discussion, but I have to agree with much of what Tigerpride has posted. For years I based my thoughts on gayness from a religious perspective. GOD don't make mistakes. Being gay is wrong, so you had to have chosen to be that way. But noticing these very young kids exhibit very gay tendencies started to make me wonder. These kids are too young to make that choice, so it has to be something else.
It could be the sins of the parents, but that's another thread.

JSU Chad said:

That is all wrong and unfair. UNLESS YOU KNOW MOST, you can not rightfully state what they want or care about. However, you are free to express your opinion, albeit wrong.

To me, SOME people get their own diluted beliefs tangled up in what everyone else believes.

jag4life said:
Ok... well how about if one just asks Chad's question without the comment?

What does God say about it?

Leviticus 18
1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.
3After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.
22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

The problem is not WHAT God says about it. The problem is there are people here and in the world who are what "they are not supposed to be" according to those who believe in what the bible says. They are here whether we like it or not along with whores, liars, thieves, etc.

J4J said:
Leviticus 18
1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.
3After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.
22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

The problem is not WHAT God says about it. The problem is there are people here and in the world who are what "they are not supposed to be" according to those who believe in what the bible says. They are here whether we like it or not along with whores, liars, thieves, etc.

Well what is the argument, then?

Answer your email...:topic:

jag4life said:
Well what is the argument, then?

Answer your email...:topic:

The argument is not whether what they do is wrong/right. The question of this thread was whether or not they were born that way...and people have debated this from the beginning of time. The fact is they are here and will be here along with other "sinners" ...the difference is they don't treat the other sinners with the same disdain....

J4J said:
The fact is they are here and will be here along with other "sinners" ...the difference is they don't treat the other sinners with the same disdain....

"They" as in who?

We know they're human but that doesn't mean we should accept their lifestyles. I don't accept my drug dealing/theiving cousins' lifestyles either.

jag4life said:
We know they're human but that doesn't mean we should accept their lifestyles. I don't accept my drug dealing/theiving cousins' lifestyles either.

I would not either, but I am not going to treat them like some people do. Just because you continue to be the person you are does not mean you accept it. At the same time we all accept it to some extent. For me, it means I will teach my children right from wrong and continue to live by example.

J4J said:
That is all wrong and unfair. UNLESS YOU KNOW MOST, you can not rightfully state what they want or care about. However, you are free to express your opinion, albeit wrong.

To me, SOME people get their own diluted beliefs tangled up in what everyone else believes.

Huh?

Clear it up for me...

I don't have a particular skew. I believe and trust the Lord and His Word. Sin is sin...and all unrighteousness is sin. Even if I, being saved from God's wrath, having an evil thought against you have I not sinned? The answer would be yes. But, I also know how to get out of that particular sin or situation. However, one that lays with someone to whom they are not married to may be a slave to Sin. That is why many try to marry. Remember, Adam was married to Eve and not Steve. I wonder why we don't see gay (sodomite) animals? God says that a man or woman laying with like kind is an abomination to Him. That being said...it is a choice. Ask a person who once lived that lifestyle but was made free from it. They will tell you that it was a choice. They will also tell you that something in their life prior caused them to swing that way... i.e. molestation, rape etc.

Back