Homosexuality 'Born' with it or 'Buck with it?

jag4life said:
Same reason people choose to do anything else that will be ridiculed. They don't care.

Yep...............Probably the #1 reason they can "deal with it". :bump:
No different than a person you would call GHETTO ..........................they luv it and don't care what you think about it.

DonTiger said:
With this logic, you almost assume that all of the prison punks that go for this type of thing while locked-up were always gay and just never knew it?

Surely you are not serious when you say that you can't choose to have a sexual experience and enjoy it without being predestined for that experience.

Well, I don't know anything about prison punks. I have only heard of three categories.

1.) Men who may or may not like men but rape them (with brooms or maybe their own tools)because they kicked their azz or did not follow some rule.

2.) Men who were gay when they got there and kept on being gay.

3.) Men who were raped repeated and turned out.

I don't see choice in any of those scenerios except in #1 where the group of men rape another but is that an act of sexual pleasure or enjoyment or an act of torment? Do these men rape or have sex with men after being released or even BEFORE being locked up? Will they ever see a woman again (ever get out). Even with the percentage of people we are talking about, too many varialbles must be considered to unequivocally call it a choice.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
This has nothing to do with procreation. How is genetics linked to attraction? A gay man and a gay woman can procreate without being attracted to each other. Genetics is not the right term but I am assuming you are not a scientist. Genetics have only to do with DNA. Your suggestion is that a person can pass down sexuality when women can't even pass down big breasts!! Now had you mentioned testostone levels, brain signals, etc...it would be more of an argument to me because those things are not determined by genetics and can vary from person to person. The whole God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve is just a cliche and adds no insight in this matter as a stand alone statement.

If sexuality is not passed down then are you actually agreeing with me TP?

And for the record, PROCREATION has everything to do with this topic. Sex is designed for procreation. If you are arguing that point, start another thread.
You, me, Spots, GR, SOG, yo' momma, your daddy all came here through procreation. Sexual intercourse.

How is this not relavant?

Tigerpride said:
Well, I don't know anything about prison punks. I have only heard of three categories.

1.) Men who may or may not like men but rape them (with brooms or maybe their own tools)because they kicked their azz or did not follow some rule.

2.) Men who were gay when they got there and kept on being gay.

3.) Men who were raped repeated and turned out.

I don't see choice in any of those scenerios except in #1 where the group of men rape another but is that an act of sexual pleasure or enjoyment or an act of torment? Do these men rape or have sex with men after being released or even BEFORE being locked up? Will they ever see a woman again (ever get out). Even with the percentage of people we are talking about, too many varialbles must be considered to unequivocally call it a choice.

You purposely left out something about them doing it because they WANT to have sex with a man (or something).

staggalee83 said:
Not saying they are crimminals because they ARE NOT...........just making a point.

Why would a person make a choice to be a drug dealer instead of getting a real job knowing they will end up in JAIL or DEAD..................BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE LIFESTYLE.

Why would a person make a choice to be a RACE CAR DRIVER knowing that going 200+ mph's 1 inch off someones bumper, side, and rear CAN KILL YOU....................THE LIFESTYLE.

You make choices in life even knowing the crap that comes with it.

Good point ! This should silence that empty 'why would they choose this' arguement. SIMPLE ANSWER.... BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT THAT'S WHY !!!

staggalee83 said:
Yep...............Probably the #1 reason they can "deal with it". :bump:
No different than a person you would call GHETTO ..........................they luv it and don't care what you think about it.

Ya'll are crazy!!! Most ghetto people do not know they are ghetto.....LOL They were raised like that!!! Ya'll are killing me and again if you all watch and listen, gay people can't deal with it. Teenagers kill themselves, men try to supress it, men try to cover it with marriage/girlfriends, ect... I think that when they "deal with it", it is because they know that they have to accept who they are and be proud of it if they feel there is nothing they can do about it.

jag4life said:
You purposely left out something about them doing it because they WANT to have sex with a man (or something).

No I didn't. Read #2.

You think that men go to jail and sit there and say...."Well, I am in jail, I may as well have sex with men now". Have you seen that somewhere? I did not include it because I have never heard of that.

Tigerpride said:
Ya'll are crazy!!! Most ghetto people do not know they are ghetto.....LOL They were raised like that!!! Ya'll are killing me and again if you all watch and listen, gay people can't deal with it. Teenagers kill themselves, men try to supress it, men try to cover it with marriage/girlfriends, ect... I think that when they "deal with it", it is because they know that they have to accept who they are and be proud of it if they feel there is nothing they can do about it.

TP,

The response to this point has been made already.

Do you think 'Brenda' chooses to do crack, lose her job, lose her home, lose her kids. . . NO. . . BUT SHE LOVES THE HE** OUT SOME CRACK SO SHE CHOSES TO DO WHAT FEELS GOOD.

Why doesn't this apply to men who like their anus penetrated? Why do you want to give them some kind of 'pass of innocence'?

Tigerpride said:
No I didn't. Read #2.

You think that men go to jail and sit there and say...."Well, I am in jail, I may as well have sex with men now". Have you seen that somewhere? I did not include it because I have never heard of that.

Again TP,

You think they don't?

Do you really not see how a+b=c.

Very plausible TP.

DonTiger said:
Good point ! This should silence that empty 'why would they choose this' arguement. SIMPLE ANSWER.... BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT THAT'S WHY !!!

Those are not arguments to this topic. Hmmm, do I go to JSU or Grambling or do I sleep with men or women?? Get real!!

Again, ALL of these choices are made when a person is grown or aware. If you ask someone why they want to be a drug dealer, they can tell you. If you ask someone why they wanted to be a race car driver, they can tell you. Ask someoone how they became gay.... :confused:

Ya'll are crazy and I am really shocked. I am going to start recording Oprah for ya'll.

DonTiger said:
Again TP,

You think they don't?

Do you really not see how a+b=c.

Very plausible TP.

Don, I HAVE NO IDEA. I have just never heard that. I am only going by what I have heard gay people say...and again, do they continue sex with men after prison and what percentage goes in and makes that decision. I just can't see going to jail, looking around and saying "well, he is kinda cute, maybe I will date him while I am in here" :confused:

DonTiger said:
TP,

The response to this point has been made already.

Do you think 'Brenda' chooses to do crack, lose her job, lose her home, lose her kids. . . NO. . . BUT SHE LOVES THE HE** OUT SOME CRACK SO SHE CHOSES TO DO WHAT FEELS GOOD.

Why doesn't this apply to men who like their anus penetrated? Why do you want to give them some kind of 'pass of innocence'?

There are several documented reasons for this: Peer pressure and chemical addiction. Also, there are treatments for it.

So can a person who is gay decide to go back straight (since obviously all people are born straight)??

DonTiger said:
As silly as you tried to sound, listen to your comments again. How 'likely' do you think it that, the formely married lesbian women mentioned in the other thread, turned to that lifestyle if not wholey, at least in part due to her failed marriage and alcoholic husband?

Do you really not think that a chance encounter, or a horrible relationship, or a broken heart can influence someone to perhaps try something? Then maybe they liked it.

I did not read the other thread. I don't typically read gay threads but since I saw it was gay week, I clicked on this one. I better not click on the gay adoptions, ect...I might go into shock by prejudice...LOL

Only because I know of a child who grew up and has NEVER been any other way than feminine, I say "born with it". I have watched him grow up from a baby to a man and he has NEVER, not even as a 2 year-old, not been feminine. His older brother is not gay and grew up in the same house, born only 2 years before him. He is not homosexual.

The homosexual one is involved in the church and went for prayer to release that "demon of homosexuality" from him. He made concerted EFFORTS to not be that way. He cried and has struggled. He announced he was not that way anymore and wanted and desired to be not homosexual.

His struggle continues. He says being what other men call "normal" is foreign to him. Having known him for 23-24 years of his life, I know his struggle is real to him.

Tigerpride said:
No I didn't. Read #2.

No man... you are speaking of dudes who were already gay. Some cats probably go to prison and just do it because they are horny and get tired of jacking.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
Don, I HAVE NO IDEA. I have just never heard that. I am only going by what I have heard gay people say...and again, do they continue sex with men after prison and what percentage goes in and makes that decision.

I've heard of them coming back and being a regular straight dude who only messes with women.

DonTiger said:
As silly as you tried to sound, listen to your comments again. How 'likely' do you think it that, the formely married lesbian women mentioned in the other thread, turned to that lifestyle if not wholey, at least in part due to her failed marriage and alcoholic husband?

Do you really not think that a chance encounter, or a horrible relationship, or a broken heart can influence someone to perhaps try something? Then maybe they liked it.

Because I know that woman in the other thread, I can speak to her situation. She told her parents about her new found life. They were disgusted at first. She explained that she has always known she felt differently about women. However, she was taught it was wrong and rejected it from her life. Then when the other stuff happened (borken heart...alcoholic husband, etc.) she realized she did not HAVE to be the way they wanted anymore.

However, in HER CASE, I do agree that she chose to act out her thoughts.

In the little boy's case that I mentioned above, he has never ever experienced a woman or thought of being with her in a "manly way"...and ABSOLUTELY nobody else in his family has been or ever been gay...none acted it out if they were..."

Tigerpride said:
Warndalyn,

This issue is just the same as if we were discussing racial issues. To hear people say certain things about about other races makes you see their lack of understanding. I don't know that many gay people but with all of the TV shows that let THEM have their say, I have NEVER heard one of them say that they chose it. They all say that they believe they were born that way or that they knew as a small child. Also, just as a logical thinker, I don't see how anyone can choose their sexuality...though, as with anything, I could be wrong.

To me, hearing people say it is a choice is a slap in the face to all who are against prejudice. If you can find me one gay person who says that he just sat down one day and decided to be gay, then you "choice" crew will get a point. Until then I will listen to what those people have to say since they are the only ones who can tell us. Also, in my ignorance, I guess I need to know what choice means to you all? How did they decide this? Did a girl dump them so they decided against women? They could not get any puzzy, so they just went for azz?? Did they get high one night and just decided to "do" or get "done by" the first thing they saw?? Did one of their boys fall on them during a game and they liked it?? Did they get raped and liked it??? Where does choice come into play??
The one gay girlfriend that I had, from high school said she CHOSE to be gay..she stated that after her bad marriage she turned to a female friend, who is now her lover.

Like I said, I don't really know and can't really say for sure, since I'm not gay and have never had those types of urges. I've always been attracted to the opposite sex, so I don't know. **shrugs shoulders**

y'all know what I often ponder over? Why is it soooooo many gay folks in church? I mean, I see so many gay men, in the church house. What is up w/that?

Warndalyn said:
y'all know what I often ponder over? Why is it soooooo many gay folks in church? I mean, I see so many gay men, in the church house. What is up w/that?

Its a good question...but I beg to ask the next question...

How many thieves, liars, adulterers, fornicators, etc are there as well? Its like the gay people are a special case...I guess they stand out more than a thief would... :) I don't know. I can say that I have seen a lot of them there...and later in life learned there were a lot of people who sleep around in church too ...(non-homosexual)....IN FACT, one Sunday, my pastor had an altar call for all fornicators....to pray for their deliverance....A lot of people ran up there.... :lol:

Tigerpride said:

Ok ....................so you also agree with those scientist that came up with the theory a few years ago about black people, BLACK MEN in particular, having a genetic bug that makes us prone to violence. :look:

Agree or Disagree?:bump:

staggalee83 said:
Ok ....................so you also agree with those scientist that came up with the theory a few years ago about black people, BLACK MEN in particular, having a genetic bug that makes us prone to violence. :look:

Agree or Disagree?:bump:

:confused: , I thought I was against the genetic theory. To me genetics determine things like hair color, skin tone, head shape...not sexuality and violence. To ME, those are totally differnent issues. Also, people in general are violent and there are documented SOCIAL factors that lead to it, like being abused as a child, having to fend for yourself in a bad neighborhood etc... How do you separate the causes. I actually think that is a horrible analogy. You can't compare gay to any of that stuff.

Back