Healthcare passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me juke I know a lot better than you think...
Public roads and all that stuff you listed comes out of your Property Taxes...

I pay those and don't have a problem with it.

You don't know what pays your roads and "stuff". Louisiana property taxes are barely existant so there's no way it pays for all that stuff. You have a state income taxes, sales taxes, vehicle taxes, sometimes local taxes that pay for those things in addition to the tiny bit of property taxes you pay.

The feds pay for most of the interstate repairs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Trust me juke I know a lot better than you think...
Public roads and all that stuff you listed comes out of your Property Taxes...

I don't know about your state, but here, the state DOT is funded through a special fund that cannot be touched by any entity other than DOT. These funds are used for contracting highway repairs/projects. They always want to get their grubby paws on that reserve, but it's not gonna happen....

I don't know about your state, but here, the state DOT is funded through a special fund that cannot be touched by any entity other than DOT. These funds are used for contracting highway repairs/projects. They always want to get their grubby paws on that reserve, but it's not gonna happen....

Is this special fund funded by state income taxes?

It don't go into effect until 2014 but the taxes for this bill will start pretty soon....

:tup:

Good talking point. But what would you have them do? Dump 40 million people into the healthcare system without them having time to prepare for the change?

Is this special fund funded by state income taxes?

From what I understand, the funds come from United States Department of Transportation.

The department is designated as the single state agency to receive and expend any funds made available by the United States Department of Transportation or any agency of the federal government for transportation purposes and to cooperate with federal, state, interstate and local agencies, organizations and persons performing activities relating to transportation.

You don't know what pays your roads and "stuff". Louisiana property taxes are barely existant so there's no way it pays for all that stuff. You have a state income taxes, sales taxes, vehicle taxes, sometimes local taxes that pay for those things in addition to the tiny bit of property taxes you pay.

The feds pay for most of the interstate repairs.

He said "roads" and stuff he ain't say "interstate".... ...Electronic Toll Collection,Tickets,Barriers.. pay towards the trust fund for interstates ...

Bottom line is your income taxes are listed on you pay check stub what it is paying for...

And MOST of it goes towards PAYING off the the united states debt...

That's the "stuff" I was talking about...

Last edited:

Same in most states SLT...

most folks have no idea what taxes pay for what.... it was a 1956 legislature that started a trust fund for Interstate HWYs......

If folks knew origin about "taxes" we wouldn't have so many folk "drinking" republican or democrate "Kool-Aid"....

He said "roads" and stuff he ain't say "interstate".... ...Electronic Toll Collection,Tickets,Barriers.. pay towards the trust fund for interstates ...

Bottom line is your income taxes are listed on you pay check stub what it is paying for...

And MOST of it goes towards PAYING off the the united states debt...

That's the "stuff" I was talking about...

Since when has taxes gone to paying off the debt?

Local roads are paid for by local/state taxes. Toll Roads are not interstates. Tickets don't pay for interstates either.

Childers and Taylor both voted no. These so-called "Mississipp Democrats" - the white ones - aren't worth a bucket of piss.

You know childers has been doing that often (voting against his own party) which makes me wonder what is up with him. He seems to be the type that might go "Republican" down the road. I didn't think that the voting would be so close more like 350-91 or "something of the sort." I think in all fairness this bill is at least a big stepping stone for a better healthcare system because (generally speaking) the previous healthcare put so much "under the gun" like high premiums (this is the main thing that was hindering the American people) which force people to buy their insurance and it includes a great-younger audience which is another plus. To be honest I don't think they have a the best policy (either policy) because like most people it is really hard at times to find the best policy because of the values that sometimes that have accumulated over the years most people tend to market those ideas--just look at the last healthcare plan on how they increased the spending on health healthcare.

Local roads are paid for by local/state taxes. Toll Roads are not interstates. Tickets don't pay for interstates either.

Toll roads? I said "TOLLS..interstate Toll".... I never even saw a road toll..

How do you think the nations debt get paid?...(serious question)..

Part of the trust fund that was started back in 56.. a portion of ticket money do go towards that trust fund.... research it..

You know childers has been doing that often (voting against his own party) which makes me wonder what is up with him. He seems to be the type that might go "Republican" down the road. I didn't think that the voting would be so close more like 350-91 or "something of the sort." I think in all fairness this bill is at least a big stepping stone for a better healthcare system because (generally speaking) the previous healthcare put so much "under the gun" like high premiums (this is the main thing that was hindering the American people) which force people to buy their insurance and it includes a great-younger audience which is another plus. To be honest I don't think they have a the best policy (either policy) because like most people it is really hard at times to find the best policy because of the values that sometimes that have accumulated over the years most people tend to market those ideas--just look at the last healthcare plan on how they increased the spending on health healthcare.

They from Mississippi.. Im not surprised by that... Them voting no may win they seats back in that state...

Correct jag4life. The Interstate system was inacted by Eisenhower and all repairs and improvement are allocated yearly by funds given to the states by the federal government. J next time you come to BR you'll see signs saying that road projects are funded by the federal government. Matter of fact ask Alpha3. He know how Louisiana state taxes are funded and where we get money from. Ask him.

Correct jag4life. The Interstate system was inacted by Eisenhower and all repairs and improvement are allocated yearly by funds given to the states by the federal government. J next time you come to BR you'll see signs saying that road projects are funded by the federal government. Matter of fact ask Alpha3. He know how Louisiana state taxes are funded and where we get money from. Ask him.

The trust fund was started by the federal government.

Funding for the Interstate Highway System comes from the Federal government's Highway Trust Fund. The trust fund was originally started at $25 billion in 1956, but it's continually replenished through gasoline taxes. Additionally, the cost of building and maintaining an Interstate is not covered entirely by the Federal government - the Federal government pays 90% of the bill, and the state the highway is located in pays the rest.

In some cases, though, there's still not enough money to pay for maintenance, reconstruction, and additions to the highway, since additions have to be approved through Federal legislation. Tolls are sometimes to used to make up these funds.

When the original highway system was created in 1916, tolls were not allowed on any roads that received federal funds. Over time, though, congress has loosened up rules regarding tolls. Now, there are several instances where a state can collect tolls on an Interstate that receives federal funding, including the following:

http://www.pineappleweed.org/interstate101/funding.html

Last edited:
It don't go into effect until 2014 but the taxes for this bill will start pretty soon....

WRONG!.. Here are the effective dates of major provisions of the health care bill

WITHIN A YEAR

- Would provide a $250 rebate this year to Medicare prescription drug beneficiaries whose initial benefits run out.

90 days after enactment:

- Would provide immediate access to high-risk pools for people with no insurance because of pre-existing conditions.

Six months after enactment:

- Would bar insurers from denying people coverage when they get sick.

- Would bar insurers from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions.

- Would bar insurers from imposing lifetime caps on coverage.

- Would require insurers to allow people to stay on their parents' policies until they turn 26.

- Would require individual and small group market plans to spend 80 percent of premium dollars on medical services. Large group plans would have to spend at least 85 percent.

- Would increase the Medicare payroll tax and expand it to dividend, interest and other unearned income for singles earning more than $200,000 and joint filers making more than $250,000.

- Would provide subsidies for families earning up to 400 percent of poverty level, currently about $88,000 a year, to purchase health insurance.

- Would require most employers to provide coverage or face penalties.

- Would require most people to obtain coverage or face penalties.

- Would impose a 40 percent excise tax on high-end insurance policies.

- Would expand health insurance coverage to 32 million people.

Sources: Speaker of the House, Congressional Budget Office, Kaiser Family Foundation.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
WRONG!.. Here are the effective dates of major provisions of the health care bill

WITHIN A YEAR

A you seriously saying I'm wrong because you feel like being a :retard:?

It was clearly stated "TAXES" for this bill will hit "BEFORE" the bill take effect in 2014.....

You do know that was all I said right?

It was clearly stated "TAXES" for this bill will hit "BEFORE" the bill take effect in 2014.....

You said "pretty soon" and she just showed you that the bill takes effect basically within 90 days and that taxes for folks making over $200k don't go up until 2013.

So basically I'm still going to be paying for others health care as I am now? :retard:

So what has changed other than those who reaped the benefits of tax breaks now/and back in the day, are now are having to cough up what they greedily got from(blue collar workers) then. You can't do wrong and get by.....:nod: Now they want to :whine:......:shame:

What is that phrase that says something about 'sins of the father'...:read:

You said "pretty soon" and she just showed you that the bill takes effect basically within 90 days and that taxes for folks making over $200k don't go up until 2013.

I hear ya... Every where I read clearly state..

"individual coverage won't go into effect until 2014"

Looking at that list.... I repeat what I been said about this bill..It's going to run the private sector out of business and thus will come the "public option".

So basically I'm still going to be paying for others health care as I am now? :retard:

So what has changed other than those who reaped the benefits of tax breaks now/and back in the day, are now are having to cough up what they greedily got from(blue collar workers) then. You can't do wrong and get by.....:nod: Now they want to :whine:......:shame:

What is that phrase that says something about 'sins of the father'...:read:

You will be basically paying ..."MORE"...lol

I hear ya... Every where I read clearly state..

"individual coverage won't go into effect until 2014"

Looking at that list.... I repeat what I been said about this bill..It's going to run the private sector out of business and thus will come the "public option".

I wish the public option had been there in the first place. Insurance companies will not be run out of business by this. They have gouged the public for a long time already so they should have a cushion saved up.

Why must we go through this every damn thread??? Reading is fundamental... Let me break down YOUR statement.

You Said...

It in this sentence means the health care bill. Which imply the healthcare bill does not go into effect until 2014 which is NOT correct. Parts of the pill go into effect within 90 days. In addition you stated the taxes for this bill will start pretty soon which is also NOT correct unless you could 2 years from now pretty soon...

Please show we where I misunderstood your statement?

Last edited:
you do realize that before the bill PASSED we were paying for those folks to get health care ANYWAY b/c they didn't have insurance :noidea: duh?!

I hope YOU have started setting aside more money as well to help pay for them!!:wavey::lol:

What did you say, we "cheering for this shyt"?! You damn right!!!
HIP HIP HOORRAY!! HIP HIP HOOORRRAYY!!!

:banana::banana:

Sad to say SU96 but he's right, we were paying for this way before now

Was States Rights the same battle cry the Confederacy used to succeed from the Union? After hundred years of water down bills to end Jim Crow laws and stop scare tactics by racial hate mongers, passing this bill was the first true step toward post Civil War Re-construction. Folks wasn't this upset when the government ran the Tuskegee Project in the racial charged south, intentional giving Black men syphilis and telling them they were curing them. They really need to pass a bill to go after those who elect to stop the progress of this country for their own personal agenda.

It still amazes the hell out of me that we can spend billions on bogus wars to kill people for profit, another billions for rebuilding an entire country which they tear down in four years or so and we go back and do again and not one damn thread or post about that, but when you're ask to spend that same about of money to not only help US citizens but lower the budget there's a damn problem.

Hey but we're the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back