HBCU Sports Live: Deion Sanders arrives at Jackson State, named new head football coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
right lol In order to help they have to START at some point right? Otherwise we’re just left complaining about them NEVER supporting.
black people good at complaining. We do that damn good lol rather than taking the good & making the best of it (even if it is just a moment).

I agree, folks need to be more solution-oriented and stop harping on the glass is half-filled. We always seem to stop at pointing out the negative aspects of what is happening without any balance. I would kick SCST out of the SWAC but they're not here yet....LOL

It’s funny that all these Black celebrities are willing to do so much now, like our schools couldn’t have always used their help.
It took something organic happening (like the Black Lives Matter movement being given new life when racial injustice/White supremacy was put on front street on tv while people were at home watching due to the pandemic) in order for people, incl celebs, to be awakened. It's all good. We just need to keep pushing and stop being played.

The first assistant on Deion Sanders' Jackson State coaching staff has officially been named.

Gary "Flea" Harrell announced his move to the Tigers with a tweet looking for "game changers" accompanied by a Jackson State "I Believe" banner. Sanders retweeted Harrell's post himself Wednesday with a comment.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I agree, folks need to be more solution-oriented and stop harping on the glass is half-filled. We always seem to stop at pointing out the negative aspects of what is happening without any balance. I would kick SCST out of the SWAC but they're not here yet....LOL

that right there.

So you'd rather they NEVER help since they didn't help from the beginning

Brother I’d rather we helped ourselves, and it shouldn’t have to take a George Floyd to do it. When the spotlight on our current “plight” wears off so will the attention and you’ll be right back where you are, back in the shadows looking for answers. This situation is really just a microcosm of one of our main issues at large: Too caught up in big names and celebrity status, always looking for the quick band-aid fix instead of building for the long-term, and alotta bandwagoners and frontrunning showing up when the spotlight is the brightest. Bo Jackson has a number of HBCUs in right there in his home state of Alabama, why wasn’t he so public about his willingness to speak at any of those?

Brother I’d rather we helped ourselves, and it shouldn’t have to take a George Floyd to do it. When the spotlight on our current “plight” wears off so will the attention and you’ll be right back where you are, back in the shadows looking for answers. This situation is really just a microcosm of one of our main issues at large: Too caught up in big names and celebrity status, always looking for the quick band-aid fix instead of building for the long-term, and alotta bandwagoners and frontrunning showing up when the spotlight is the brightest. Bo Jackson has a number of HBCUs in right there in his home state of Alabama, why wasn’t
e so public about his willingness to speak at any of those?

Because Deion Sanders weren't their coach. Its very clear in the article that he's doing it because of coach Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back