HBCU Basketball: February 25 - March 4

Nevermind just got word from Paris that he's injured lol. Brent cant catch a break this season

Valley wins 70-67 in OT. ASU lost and Grambling is handling UAPB which means we won't be eliminated tonight and can pull even for 8th place with a win against Grambling Monday.

We just need JSU to take care of UAPB in case Grambling wins Monday
In case? I am pulling for the 662 though.

In case? I am pulling for the 662 though.

Valley basically has 3 must win games in a row lol. If we lose to Grambling tomorrow (we lost at the buzzer at their place so it's possible) and UAPB wins we're sitting at home for the SWAC tourney.

What are the projected top four seeds in the men's and women's brackets? What is your prediction for Championship Saturday?

Texas Southern, Alcorn, Southern, are a lock for the men's. 4th Place is probably for grabs.
Women most likely are TXSU, SU, Grambling, and Alabama St.

Devilettes 51 Grambling 82
Delta Devils 84 Grambling 80

We've played our best back-to-back games all season and they have came at the right time (with some help from UAPB and ASU). Beat UAPB and we get TxSU or Alcorn in a rubber match at their place.

Devilettes luckily are locked into the 8 seed because losing 7 in a row isn't helping the cause

3/2

AAMU @ JSU 7:30PM
SU @ PV 7:30 PM
Alcorn @ TxSU 7:30PM
ASU @ Grambling 7:30PM

3/4

UAPB @ Valley 4:00PM
Alcorn @ PV 5:00PM
ASU @ JSU 5:30PM
AAMU @ Grambling 5:30PM

Dang Bama St... smh

Prairie View A&M 77, Alabama State 58
Just ready for this season to be over with. Not having a real point guard and losing one of our best players for the year is killing this team. At least our girls will be able to have a good chance at a 3peat.

Just ready for this season to be over with. Not having a real point guard and losing one of our best players for the year is killing this team. At least our girls will be able to have a good chance at a 3peat.

I cannot publicly say what I want to say about PV M/W basketball lest those panthers in charge of the private forum kick me out again for telling the truth, that their little purple and gold glasses refuses to allow the light of the [/my] truth to shine upon their remedial eyes. In a few folks eyes, there's not a problem w/ PV M/W basketball or the elementary level athletic director who hired them. lol Subpar performance is their norm, I guess, considering the proximity of bball talent in and around tx hs bball. :D

I figured it had to be something for yall to drop off in recent years. I doubt anyone has lost more players this season than Brent though lol. Somehow they are still finding ways to win

Back