HBCU Basketball: December 4-31

Well, offensive foul on TSU. Technical foul on a TSU player for his 5th foul. Tech on another TSU player and the ejection. 4 FTs shot, made 3 out of 4. Wait, he shot 2 more.....must have been a tech on Mike Davis....6 FTs, 4 made....and they have the ball....smh

We were down 68-66 with 4 seconds left. Our player drove to the basket and they called an offensive foul on us. Which it shouldn't have been. We get 3 technicals stemming from them calling that offensive foul. We loss 72-66.

We were down 68-66 with 4 seconds left. Our player drove to the basket and they called an offensive foul on us. Which it shouldn't have been. We get 3 technicals stemming from them calling that offensive foul. We loss 72-66.
Man, those refs were hosing us all game. It just boiled over at the end. They were worse than SWAC refs. Having said that, if we do not stop playing one on one ball we are going to have many more games like this. We should have beaten these guys easily.

Last edited:

Unbelievable, who picked up the technical fouls?

I watched Texas so play the other night ... very impressed with their guard play. They had 2 LEGIT guards.

How can you be 7'2 and score just 1 point. We should transplant Traes heart into this guy and his calmness into Trae who plays hero ball to many time. He is going to take a shot in certain situations even if three men are guarding him and 2 of our people are under the basket wide open.

I still say we will miss coach Marsh defense and probably he could have coached up the big man somewhat. I am not picking TSU to win the tournament. If there is a team in the conference like Alcorn was last year they will take us out.

How can you be 7'2 and score just 1 point. We should transplant Traes heart into this guy and his calmness into Trae who plays hero ball to many time. He is going to take a shot in certain situations even if three men are guarding him and 2 of our people are under the basket wide open.

I still say we will miss coach Marsh defense and probably he could have coached up the big man somewhat. I am not picking TSU to win the tournament. If there is a team in the conference like Alcorn was last year they will take us out.
we have a 7'1. I think he can score more than 1. Lol we get the big for nothing guys. If he was 7'1 at Baylor he dropping 30 a night

We have four SWAC players averaging 20+ points per game:

Women:
Joyce KENNERSON - TSU - JR - 25.7 ppg / 2nd in the nation
Shala DOBBINS - PV - JR - 21.5 ppg / 19th in the nation
Tia Sanders - ALCN - JR - 21.3 ppg / 21st in the nation

Men:
Demontrae Jefferson = TSU - SO - 23.0 ppg / 10th in the nation

The MEAC has one player averaging 20+ points per game:
Men:
Femi OLUJOBI - NCAT - JR - 24.3 ppg / 4th in the nation

Joyce Kennerson is leading the nation in scoring.

Kennerson, a junior from Port Arthur, Texas (Memorial) pushed her season scoring average to 26.7 points per game. She surpassed Ohio State's Kelsey Mitchell (26.3 points per game) as the nation's scoring leader for the first time this season.

http://www.tsusports.com/news/2017/12/17/WBB_2017121701.aspx

Devilettes take on Murray State at 6PM on the OVC Digital Network

Delta Devils take on GCU at 8PM on ESPN3

Texas Southern is down to TCU at the half 39 -41. The refs called a foul, go look at the monitor and determine the foul occurred with 00.1 remaining on the clock. That is some real BS.

We've been playing with the big boys the first half. Then in the 2nd half, we can't hang. Davis said this is his best team since being at TSU.

Devilettes fell to MSU 64-63 in the last few seconds. Think we will OK in the SWAC but Walker needs some size. We got scorers and defense but size will hurt them against the elite SWAC teams

Toledo 81

SU Women 76

Our women have been putting up some good fights against this bigger schools.

Devilettes fell to MSU 64-63 in the last few seconds. Think we will OK in the SWAC but Walker needs some size. We got scorers and defense but size will hurt them against the elite SWAC teams
That gave me more confidence ... our girls dominated Murray State.. was up by as much as 26... and we play 9 true freshmen.

Back