HBCU Basketball: Conference Play 1/4-1/6

How in the hell a team that hasn't defeated any Division I opponent all season defeat the SWAC favorite?

This is causing me a severe headache with how inconsistent we are ... got damn! We go from losing by 4 points at P5 TAMU last week to losing Alcorn this week BY 15 AT HOME ... a team with one of the lowest RPIs in the nation. So fustrating

How in the hell a team that hasn't defeated any Division I opponent all season defeat the SWAC favorite?

This is causing me a severe headache with how inconsistent we are ... got damn! We go from losing by 4 points at P5 TAMU last week to losing Alcorn this week BY 15 AT HOME ... a team with one of the lowest RPIs in the nation. So fustrating

You just have to congratulate Alcorn and move on to next game with this one. We didn't shoot well last night, but usually if team goes 24/26 at the free throw line, 17/28 from the three and nearly 50% overall they will find themselves in the win column. They, Alcorn, would have beat everyone in the SWAC last night and a lot of other teams with that type of performance.

Last edited:
You just have to congratulate Alcorn and move on to next game with this one. We didn't shoot well last night, but usually if team goes 24/26 at the free throw line, 17/28 from the three and nearly 50% overall they will find themselves in the win column. They, Alcorn, would have beat everyone in the SWAC last night and a lot of other teams with that type of performance.
That and no defense

We are not the SWAC favorite and they had three players that was reigning threes from the trees on Wheeler. We also played without our point guard. He has been our most consistent player. He turns on the juice.

They were hitting contested threes. Hand in their faces. Just one of them nights.
Then coach Jones does not know what he is talking about because he said the very thing I said in his post game comments. He sounded and looked very dejected because of the defensive effort on the floor.

We are not the SWAC favorite and they had three players that was reigning threes from the trees on Wheeler. We also played without our point guard. He has been our most consistent player. He turns on the juice.

That's what it was ... clearly he's a critical piece to the team.

Well we do have targets on our backs ... everybody know we run the SWAC in basketball

Hebert we had a ticker tape parade on the Reservation. The first time we won a game from TSU since I believe 2003.
Your coach had a nice game plan. He knew you could not compete down low with our length and our perimeter defense sucks...not to mention our floor general twisted his ankle during practice before the game and did not suit up. Your guys shot extremely well...that cannot he taken from them but open looks will do that. They still had to hit the shots and they did.

I asked the people I was sitting with when was the last time Alcorn won on our court and no one could remember.

Your coach had a nice game plan. He knew you could not compete down low with our length and our perimeter defense sucks...not to mention our floor general twisted his ankle during practice before the game and did not suit up. Your guys shot extremely well...that cannot he taken from them but open looks will do that. They still had to hit the shots and they did.

I asked the people I was sitting with when was the last time Alcorn won on our court and no one could remember.
Even when we had our best teams with Coach Whitney and y’all had Coach Moreland we rarely won in Houston. The tren changed when Coach Moreland was hired from Utica JC and Machine Gun Kelly de-committed from us and followed him to Houston. That one hurt.

Even when we had our best teams with Coach Whitney and y’all had Coach Moreland we rarely won in Houston. The tren changed when Coach Moreland was hired from Utica JC and Machine Gun Kelly de-committed from us and followed him to Houston. That one hurt.

Are you confusing Alonzo Bradley with Machine Gun Kelley. Alonzo actually came with Coach Moreland, Machine gun came about 5 or so years later.

Then coach Jones does not know what he is talking about because he said the very thing I said in his post game comments. He sounded and looked very dejected because of the defensive effort on the floor.
The only thing we could have done to offset this shooting performance would have been to hit our three’s or take the air out of the ball.

There were a few wide open shots, however when you run a zone, it not that hard to get open looks. You just do not expect this type of shooting performance.

We are in trouble if Coach Jones is agreeing with you. Cancelling my BHam reservations.

Back