HBCU Basketball: Conference Play 1/4-1/6

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
SU suprised me .... they put up a good fight. TSU lost by 4 points to TAMU so I expected a bigger blow out. SU had no close games against P5 teams.

They will be our biggest competition this year along with PVAMU

AAMU got the best transfer in the league from Missouri State.... but from the looks of today’s scores JSU women are legit.

I wouldn't say Dariauna is better than Ameshya, their roles/ needs for the team are different. Dariauna is the most senior forward on your team although shes only a sophomore so shes required to do more. Ameshya on the other hand play is limited playing opposite Marneisha Hamer (All Conf Senior). Even though one is a F and the other a C they are rarely ever on the floor at the same. Plus we're playing around 10 juniors to yall 7 to 8 Fr and sophs. That's a team that will be dangerous for years. I like that junior guard yall got though, can't think of her name but shes a scorer.

I wouldn't say Dariauna is better than Ameshya, their roles/ needs for the team are different. Dariauna is the most senior forward on your team although shes only a sophomore so shes required to do more. Ameshya on the other hand play is limited playing opposite Marneisha Hamer (All Conf Senior). Even though one is a F and the other a C they are rarely ever on the floor at the same. Plus we're playing around 10 juniors to yall 7 to 8 Fr and sophs. That's a team that will be dangerous for years. I like that junior guard yall got though, can't think of her name but shes a scorer.
I don't feel Ameshya has quite found her ninche in the Team so far. I may be wrong but I was expecting a little more production from her on the offensive side of the ball but considering we are usually a late blooming Team, I expect to see her establish her role and place within this unit by the mid conference schedule mark. It was good to see Lucky score 18 last night while looking to be a both a facilitator and picking her spots as a scorer.
Also, little Ms Rogan is the real deal! I expect A&M to be a challenge and a test tomorrow night.

I don't feel Ameshya has quite found her ninche in the Team so far. I may be wrong but I was expecting a little more production from her on the offensive side of the ball but considering we are usually a late blooming Team, I expect to see her establish her role and place within this unit by the mid conference schedule mark. It was good to see Lucky score 18 last night while looking to be a both a facilitator and picking her spots as a scorer.
Also, little Ms Rogan is the real deal! I expect A&M to be a challenge and a test tomorrow night.

I definitely didn't expect her to come in and have a huge role. The only player we lost from last year's team was a guard.. Ellis and we finished runner up then. She gave us 10 points and 9 rebounds in 15 minutes against Alabama state because of foul trouble. I only expected her to come in and help in spurts. Right now this is Marneisha Hamer's team. Once she graduates we will require more from Ameshya but that isnt needed now since we are heavily junior laden

I did not watch the men's game but the women's game had no where near that number (I watched the YouTube stream). Everybody must have come in for the men's game.
In all honesty I don't see many folks at a 3:00 game featuring the WBB team. Most folks are still at work.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Basketball is a night sport and in a place like Itta Bena it should be the event of the week. The old days it was rocking on a Saturday night in that small gym.

and after the game you go to krystles or Waffle House lol
I am not disputing any of that. I am saying there were not 3,000 plus at last night's game and I stand by that. Go look at the reported attendance for the women's game. And again, there are not 3,000 students enrolled...so either the community turned out or someone is lying.

Let common sense prevail.

Dariauna is a rebounding machine...most of her points come off rebounds.... she has had a couple of 20 rebound games. She was leading the nation in offensive rebounds. We recruited her out of high school.. thought we had her and she signed with Missouri State.... luckily they lost their coach to Tennessee and she transferred and got cleared.

Dariauna is a rebounding machine...most of her points come off rebounds.... she has had a couple of 20 rebound games. She was leading the nation in offensive rebounds.
Hmmm, Sounds Like Great Bulletin Board Material! :cool:

SU suprised me .... they put up a good fight. TSU lost by 4 points to TAMU so I expected a bigger blow out. SU had no close games against P5 teams.

They will be our biggest competition this year along with PVAMU

Southern U fell in OT to P5 Nebraska (I don't think that means much though).....

I am not disputing any of that. I am saying there were not 3,000 plus at last night's game and I stand by that. Go look at the reported attendance for the women's game. And again, there are not 3,000 students enrolled...so either the community turned out or someone is lying.

Let common sense prevail.
Were you there, to be exact the reported attendance was 3089. Stop drinking the hater aide. 🤓

Back