HBCU Basketball: 1/20 - 1/22

What school or for that matter even pro team doesn't have a non-biased broadcast? Besides, you all know Chatter-box has been with us a long time so their is no shame in his homerism game.....lol.

Valley has the least biased broadcast in the SWAC by far lol. You can hear slight essences of homerism (disappointment lol) when it appears a team had a pretty easy TD but other than that it's pretty down the middle

This is the first season in a long time that TSU isn't expected to dominate ... enjoy it while you can.

All of our top players are gone so every victory will be a battle

I am not waving the white flag. This might just humble these kids who when coming out of high school would not even return a swac schools phone call. If they have any pride maybe they will start playing TSU championship basketball. Pine Bluff is tough, talented well coached team. 7-0

I am not waving the white flag. This might just humble these kids who when coming out of high school would not even return a swac schools phone call. If they have any pride maybe they will start playing TSU championship basketball. Pine Bluff is tough, talented well coached team. 7-0
TSU lost a key assistant coach who probably gives Davis a few pointers during games. He didn't seem to have that counsel last night.
Davis made quite a few coaching errors in the clutch that could've or would've sealed the game.

At the end of the day, you talk about coaching, and there may be something to be said for it. But the 5 guys on the floor are the ones responsible for getting it done. The coach didn't tell anyone to miss free throws, defensive assignments and rotations, etc.

He also didn't tell his players to foul Pine Bluff's worst free throw shooter with a few seconds left so Pine Bluff wouldn't even have had an opportunity to shoot up a three.
That's probably the most basic directive he could've given his players instead of screaming at the refs all night.

The Coach Davis hates are out. Defense is not our problem. PB coach wasn’t coming out of that zone for sh-t. He was going to ride or die with it. I thought we did a decent job against it. We needed to hit more 3s. The way we attacked the zone is the way you play against a zone. You can’t pass over a zone. That’s what they want you to do. You have to penetrate the zone.

He also didn't tell his players to foul Pine Bluff's worst free throw shooter with a few seconds left so Pine Bluff wouldn't even have had an opportunity to shoot up a three.
That's probably the most basic directive he could've given his players instead of screaming at the refs all night.

Coaches gamble. This was a gamble. It didn't work. But to say he can't coach because his gamble didn't work is kinda unfair.

Coaches gamble. This was a gamble. It didn't work. But to say he can't coach because his gamble didn't work is kinda unfair.

To be fair I said he couldn’t coach years before he even stepped foot on Texas Southern campus.

To be fair I said he couldn’t coach years before he even stepped foot on Texas Southern campus.

Yeah I've heard you say that many times. Was talking more to the folks who are saying that based on gambles that didn't pan out.

Ivory is one of your best Coaches in the SWAC. He does a great job of recruiting the Mississippi Delta. Even on his Championship team years back he had A Delta kid in Terrance Calvin at PG.

Ivory is one of your best Coaches in the SWAC. He does a great job of recruiting the Mississippi Delta. Even on his Championship team years back he had A Delta kid in Terrance Calvin at PG.

Savalance Townsend was on our 2010 Championship Team* (vacated) too. He's from Mississippi but I can't remember which part. I wanna say Long Beach, MS.

Even though Valley is home. Ivory not leaving for a $1,500 increase and a Big Gulp.

He applied for the job the last two times it was open (this is pretty much common knowledge). Apparently money is not everything and that he likes Big Gulps

In other words, I try to stay out of Texas Southern business with your players leaving and getting kicked off teams so you can stay out of ours if you don't know what you are talking about

Texas Southern keeping a good eye on Coach Ivory, Y'all know we wouldn't be TSU basketball without Mississippi. Coach Moreland, Harry Kelly, Bradley, Singleton, Granger, Dotson, West and i am leaving out a lot of them. We love us some Mississippi. And we pay more than Valley & PB combined. Dont think C Mac was not watching this game. Did i leave McClelland off our Mississippi roll call. I say all that to say this. We might be in your business if you know what i mean

Back