HBCU Basketball: 1/20 - 1/22

0-20 with only two single digit losses this year. 4 whole years to implement your system and we don't have ONE win. Don't think we have ever gone into the Jackson State winless.

Get this dude out of Itta Bena

Ivory can come on home lol

Coach Davis always gets a Tech with Texas So in a close game... that was an obvious foul on the 3 point make. If he could COACH he would have had them foul and put them on the line and let them shoot the 1 and 1 when they were up by 3.... but he took a chance and UAPB got a 4 point play out of it and won.

Coach Davis always gets a Tech with Texas So in a close game... that was an obvious foul on the 3 point make. If he could COACH he would have had them foul and put them on the line and let them shoot the 1 and 1 when they were up by 3.... but he took a chance and UAPB got a 4 point play out of it and won.

It wasn't that foul, per se, that he was complaining about. It was more so the call selection of the officials. And I agree. They let obvious stuff play on and called the lesser stuff.

What I don't agree with though was the technical. Davis was riding them all game, sometimes in a similar fashion. You don't wait until that point in a game to call that.

Last edited:
It wasn't that foul, per second, that he was complaining about. It was more so the call selection of the officials. And I agree. They let obvious stuff play on and called the lesser stuff.

What I don't agree with though was the technical. Davis was riding them all game, sometimes in a similar fashion. You don't wait until that point in a hand to call that.

If buddy would have missed that 3, he wouldn’t have got the tech... I will guarantee you, he has more techs than any other SWAC coach.... he complains more than he coaches... if he was COACHING that last possession they would have easily won... they had a plus 16 rebounding edge... why not foul instead of giving them the opportunity to make a 3. The chances of UAPB making the first, missing the second and getting the rebound and making a shot were slim to none.

Obviously your own players couldn't make SU team. They only won by one.
Our team struggles to close out games. They've proven to be capable of having double-digit leads against the 1st and 2nd place teams. We've let late leads waste away only to lose at the end (UAPB and JSU) or barely hold on to win (Valley and the Bamas). Almost wasted a blow out against Grambling by letting them come too close at the end. We have 3 great playmakers in Sam, Umude, and Reese, there's no reason to be struggling to close out these games.

If buddy would have missed that 3, he wouldn’t have got the tech... I will guarantee you, he has more techs than any other SWAC coach.... he complains more than he coaches... if he was COACHING that last possession they would have easily won... they had a plus 16 rebounding edge... why not foul instead of giving them the opportunity to make a 3. The chances of UAPB making the first, missing the second and getting the rebound and making a shot were slim to none.

I'm not disagreeing with your point there, except that he DOES coach. Most of his coaching comes during the timeouts, though. Honestly, I thought that was what he was doing when Bruce took the 2 fouls there. But he gambled and told them not to foul, and they did the worst thing you can do....foul a jump shooter behind the 3 line. However, this game was lost in the 1st half, not at the buzzer.

UAPB player could have been called for a pushed off, but it is what it is. I was okay with the no foul. I thought the first foul was too quick.

Pine Bluff has won a lot of close games the first have. Will they continue to have the same success the second half of conference?

Also, I need to see another angle, but from my seat, it looked like a pushoff on the step back (which they weren't calling all night either way, so you can't be too mad). That's why Davis was upset....he thought there should have been a pushoff on that play, and thought there should have been a foul on the last shot.

Right now Davis is having to change thing up on the fly. We’ll see if he can get us back on track. In Davis I trust. We need production from a third player now that Trae is no longer on the team.

Back