HAZING OR PLEDGING?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This your whole look when u On line :| :uhoh:
If you dont know what the cut is, this is how you come out the cut looking like...
:whine:
An when you got a soft behind or when u cant take wood, you come out like dis :cry:
An on cross nite... :dead:
but more about the hazing topic..... if you dont get touched, you are PAPER in the Frats eyes. They dont respect you, dont come around to the house are come around at all, dont speak to none of them, you not welcomed on the plot, why because you paper, you frat, you serve the same purpose, but all because you aint get touched, you PAPER an you not considered FRAT!

Im mean im just saying, am i right or wrong organization members?

mrbungles said:
what about students like myself who work full-time and goto school full-time and want to pledge?;anyone with suggestions? :topic:

Some of my LBs worked full-time and went to school full-time. Anything is possible if it is really in your heart. Hell, no one said that it was supposed to be easy or convenient.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Realistik said:
:lecture: Yea once agin, hazing will never stop.. thats why there is something called UNDERGROUND... and when u dont get touched or pattled, you will be refeered to and labeled as PAPER in the FRAT or SORORITY.... You will not receive any respect, no matter how smart you are, no matter if you know the most info bout the organization than the oldest person or anybody else knows, you still will get no respect all because you didnt GET IN THE "CUT" and you didnt go through what the neo's from the previous line and on up went through.... So that sums up this whole topic... Thank You :lecture:

This statement is horse dookie. Respect is not earned by letting someone kick your azz. How can you say they will get no respect? Once you leave campus, all the world will see is a person wearing a frat/sorority shield on their chest. Nobody is gonna walk up to you and ask you if you went underground...they are just going to see someone that is a member of a fraternity or sorority. Go to National or Regional conventions...nobody is going to ask you if you were down...they are just going to greet you like a brother or a sister.

Like somebody said...the ones causing most of the trouble are not financial, have finished school/dropped out and aren't contributing anything constructive to the organization they are apart of. They don't know what is going on on the national level, but yet they are ready to swing on somebody.

Hazing may never stop...so won't law suits either. It ain't worth going to jail over either....I am dayum sure wouldn't want my name read out loud at the National convention saying that I have been striped of my sheild. Folks don't think about that when they are swinging on another grown azz person.

Realistik said:
If you dont know what the cut is, this is how you come out the cut looking like...
An when you got a soft behind or when u cant take wood, you come out like dis :cry:
but more about the hazing topic..... if you dont get touched, you are PAPER in the Frats eyes. They dont respect you, dont come around to the house are come around at all, dont speak to none of them, you not welcomed on the plot, why because you paper, you frat, you serve the same purpose, but all because you aint get touched, you PAPER an you not considered FRAT!

:smh:

I asked before if you were advocating hazing or speaking out against it. The above post answers my question. It's this kind of foolish attitude that will lead to the annihilation of our organizations on college campuses (and possibly drive many to bankruptcy) within the next 5-10 years!

:smh: again and again!

AAMU Alum said:

I asked before if you were advocating hazing or speaking out against it. The above post answers my question. It's this kind of foolish attitude that will lead to the annihilation of our organizations on college campuses (and possibly drive many to bankruptcy) within the next 5-10 years!

:smh: again and again!
Maybe but :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

docmump said:
Maybe but :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

:confused:

Are you agreeing with Realistik? I only have one question for that...how much money do you have to keep your organization from going belly-up because you feel like you need to kick your initiates @sses, and hospitalize them?

AAMU Alum said:

Are you agreeing with Realistik? I only have one question for that...how much money do you have to keep your organization from going belly-up because you feel like you need to kick your initiates @sses, and hospitalize them?
I dont fully agree with Realistik. I do believe in a pledging process but not beating someone to a bloody pulp. Is this good enough for you or do you want more information from me?

docmump said:
I dont fully agree with Realistik. I do believe in a pledging process but not beating someone to a bloody pulp. Is this good enough for you or do you want more information from me?

No I don't. Besides, you aren't doing anything for MY sake, so what I want and what your national organization and the Pan-Hellenic Council (as well as the laws of the respective states) wants are two totally different subjects.

That is all.

amethyst08 said:
This statement is horse dookie. Respect is not earned by letting someone kick your azz. How can you say they will get no respect? Once you leave campus, all the world will see is a person wearing a frat/sorority shield on their chest. Nobody is gonna walk up to you and ask you if you went underground...they are just going to see someone that is a member of a fraternity or sorority. Go to National or Regional conventions...nobody is going to ask you if you were down...they are just going to greet you like a brother or a sister.

Like somebody said...the ones causing most of the trouble are not financial, have finished school/dropped out and aren't contributing anything constructive to the organization they are apart of. They don't know what is going on on the national level, but yet they are ready to swing on somebody.

Hazing may never stop...so won't law suits either. It ain't worth going to jail over either....I am dayum sure wouldn't want my name read out loud at the National convention saying that I have been striped of my sheild. Folks don't think about that when they are swinging on another grown azz person.

I don't want the respect of anyone who had to hit me. Hit me, and they might catch a lick upside the head. Some people are so gullible that they fall for the okey doke. Then they perpetuate that mess all in the name of brotherhood/sisterhood. I have siblings that I love dearly and we have never fought one another. I have said it before and will say it again, letting somebody hit you to be a part of an organization is stupid, inhumane, and plain ol' dumb. The mentality is all wrong. You're joining to help someone else not hurt them....The more things change, the more they stay the same.

AAMU Alum said:
No I don't. Besides, you aren't doing anything for MY sake, so what I want and what your national organization and the Pan-Hellenic Council (as well as the laws of the respective states) wants are two totally different subjects.

That is all.
:whatever: I'm lovin this smiley...

Half the cats doing the @ZZ whoopings probally didnt get half the shat they SWANGING.

I hate fake Lames @zz GREEKS.

I wouldnt wish pledging OMEGA on my worst Enemy.

BandFan said:
Half the cats doing the @ZZ whoopings probally didnt get half the shat they SWANGING.

I hate fake Lames @zz GREEKS.

Exactly!!

Hell, I was initiated in 1984, and I know that pledging then was not what it was in 1974. And it sure ain't today what it was 21 years ago!

But u know who started all dat FRAT stuff.... no disrespect.. but its a hint "look to the east" an think bout it..... Every frat has had one of these members or a founder was one....
I kno how pledging goes... Lets say i wanna join Phi Dappa Dappa Fraternity for example... I got to the Open House first, then i go to the two interest meetings... I submit my letter and i am picked for interview... I am picked an my first meeting is Tuesday nite, i go to the meetin, do u think im not gon get touched, do u think im not gon get hazed physically or mentally... Jus ask yourself dat... soon as i get there u gon be askin me for money, sendin me places to go buy you stuff, and do ther humiliating things. Hell you let another man beat your behind and acts like he is your father and your the child and you are both grown men... u know what a frat person told me, he said "we might get postponed and we might have to stop for a minute, but the process will never change, this is our frat, its the LL way, u can be frat, but our chapter name is LL an if u aint come through the LL way, u PAPAER an you will get no respect

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
AAMU Alum said:
Exactly!!

Hell, I was initiated in 1984, and I know that pledging then was not what it was in 1974. And it sure ain't today what it was 21 years ago!

So do you think pledging has become more or less rigorous over the years? I've heard both sides to this story. I crossed in '02, but I would've much rather pledged in '82. It might have been more rigorous (or it may have not), but in '82 pledging was done above ground. You knew there was some kind of safe area. An underground pledgee today has no idea what he will walk into from one set to the next.......it's almost as if anything goes-- "Paper" bruhs, "Real" bruh's......financially active bruh's, inactive bruh's........ghosts.......you name it. Everything is to the discretion of the DP and him only.

I've heard about certain rigorous activities (which I won't mention), but I'd feel much more comfortable with that if older, more responsible brothers are around and governing these events. That's why I asked.

LS Syndicate said:
So do you think pledging has become more or less rigorous over the years? I've heard both sides to this story. I crossed in '02, but I would've much rather pledged in '82. It might have been more rigorous (or it may have not), but in '82 pledging was done above ground. You knew there was some kind of safe area. An underground pledgee today has no idea what he will walk into from one set to the next.......it's almost as if anything goes-- "Paper" bruhs, "Real" bruh's......financially active bruh's, inactive bruh's........ghosts.......you name it. Everything is to the discretion of the DP and him only.

I've heard about certain rigorous activities (which I won't mention), but I'd feel much more comfortable with that if older, more responsible brothers are around and governing these events. That's why I asked.

I think the intake process was designed to make pledging less rigorous. However, what the process unfortunately created is this rash of "underground" activities that are quickly destoying our organizations. There were things like physical training in the evenings and early mornings that were done above the board. Excercise sessions, and running that were sanctioned and conducted by chapter officials from the college and alumni chapters. There was nothing secret about that because we we running through the campus. I have to admit it was nice because when we ran along the stretch where the women's dorms are, they would yell and scream from their windows! Some would even come out on the block to get a closer view, and would yell our names, and smile at us :D, and sneak a hug or kiss while the big brothers weren't looking! :swink: :swink: Boy, the kinds of things the girls would promise to a guy on line. :winkgrin:

There were the songs eeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrlllllly in the cold February mornings while marching in line to the cafeteria, and everybody's line trying to "outsing" the other while waiting for the caf to open. Those were the enjoyable things during my initiation, as I'm sure they were for others who came along during the same time as myself, and those before us.

I think that too many of the greeks that have come along over the past 10-15 years focus too heavily on what they think was brutality, and think that brutality is necessary to prove their "worth." That's why we continuously hear this issue about "paper" and "real" members. While no one is really crazy about the intake process, and all that they think the word "intake" entails, it's what we've got right now, and while many think it was created as a means of punishment, it was created to save us from ourselves. If the unfortunate events of the past few years continue (within ALL our organizations,) even the intake process won't be enough to save us..and that, my frat, will be the real GREEK TRAGEDY!

What make this topic even more worthless is that i was talkin to somebody in a particular frat the other day, u know he told me THEY RENTED a building just to haze or do there line.... i was like maaaan... it goes dat far people!

I dont care who you are, you do not escape through a fraternity not being touched or hazed. You do not make it through. U just dont an never will, maybe for a sorority, hell i know peeps like dat, well heared of too, but as far as frat, youll never ESCAPE in someone's frat man. So everybody, this topic needs to be closed, cuz no matter what. Because you know what, if u get hazed an do all what you are told to do by your big brothers, but itz one thing if you dont get in THE CUT, you will not make it through. A frats main thing is "The Cut", if u aint got that or do dat, you aint nuthin an u never will be, so everybody jus chill out, suck it up, an GET IN DA CUT! this topic needs to be closed Hazing will go on an on.

It would be too easy to comment any further, so I digress for now.

Pledging is cool; hazing is not. Any MAN who submits to hazing is a b!tch.

Realistik said:
I am in Kappa Kappa Psi,
National Honorary non greek Band Fraternity

What frat are u in?

OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY INCORPORATED, Upsilon Omega Chapter

I didnt know the officiall name of of KKPsi was "non greek"? :confused:

Realistik said:
What make this topic even more worthless is that i was talkin to somebody in a particular frat the other day, u know he told me THEY RENTED a building just to haze or do there line.... i was like maaaan... it goes dat far people!

I dont care who you are, you do not escape through a fraternity not being touched or hazed. You do not make it through. U just dont an never will, maybe for a sorority, hell i know peeps like dat, well heared of too, but as far as frat, youll never ESCAPE in someone's frat man. So everybody, this topic needs to be closed, cuz no matter what. Because you know what, if u get hazed an do all what you are told to do by your big brothers, but itz one thing if you dont get in THE CUT, you will not make it through. A frats main thing is "The Cut", if u aint got that or do dat, you aint nuthin an u never will be, so everybody jus chill out, suck it up, an GET IN DA CUT! this topic needs to be closed Hazing will go on an on.

???????????????????????

Get you some help, young man.

jagface said:
It would be too easy to comment any further, so I digress for now.

Pledging is cool; hazing is not. Any MAN who submits to hazing is a b!tch.

Triple Co-SIGN :tup: Phi, couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Realistik said:

:shame: Well all that "hazing" you went through is in vein!!! If you did it in the name of brotherhood, you just contradicted yourself!!! Why in the hell would you look down on your "own" brother just because he choose a different way!!! :tup: Pesonally, it takes a real "man" go that way and not care what anyone thinks because he's doing it for the name of the fraternity and not for the exceptance of "brothers" who aren't true brothers to begin with. And another thing.... :lecture: each organization has a religious background, if thats true, the cardinal rule is....no one has the right to judge one another. Jesus doesn't so who gives you the right!!! Ask yourself this, are you "pledging for the frat or for your peers!!!

And like the AKA said, the world don't care, long as you uphold the organization, thats what really matters.

Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.

spr2k1

.....anyone can be pretty to their left and pretty to their right....just stand between 2 NUPES!!!!!!!......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back