Hampton, Monmouth and Stony Brook to CAA & now NCAT & Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask yourself a question?

What moves have you seen the MEAC make in the last couple of years that were a benefit to the conference?

We all see the deals and moves made by the SWAC Commissioner but nothing coming from MEAC?

Have any of u wondered why that is

Steven Gaither has been right regarding these CAA additions. His sources had him going 2-2 so far. If anything, it shows just how much these admins truly value the opinion from those Alumni that aren’t donating.

The last time that I checked, Howard U is at an 11% donation clip for the university as a whole and A&T is at 2% for just athletic donations (11% overall).

If the vast majority of alumni aren’t giving back on a regular basis, should their opinions truly matter as much as we think they should?
🤷🏿‍♂️
You are right in one sense. Since some of us do donate annually to that bush-league bullshit, not majorly to athls but moreso academics - specifically the engr program, and also are ALUMS, the dummies in charge should value our opinion to a very strong extent, instead of a useless and valueless outsider giving their insipid thought.

😂😱💪🏿

No smack intended...but it feels like all 3 are throwing their football programs into the black hole of no return....

I would ask the question are they just looking at football???

In Howard's case most of their sport teams play in the Northeast Conference. In these sports
swimming & diving (m & w)
golf (w)
lacrosse (w)
soccer (m &w)

In terms of sport success-what does Howard bring?

I think this is a basketball move versus football. UNC Wilmington will be the only powerhouse (or winners of the most titles) in basketball.

I would ask the question are they just looking at football???

In Howard's case most of their sport teams play in the Northeast Conference. In these sports
swimming & diving (m & w)
golf (w)
lacrosse (w)
soccer (m &w)

In terms of sport success-what does Howard bring?

I think this is a basketball move versus football. UNC Wilmington will be the only powerhouse (or winners of the most titles) in basketball.
Howard doesn't add any value to that conference athletically. Nothing. Nada. Nil, other than adding another incapable and inept whooping boy for the top tier of the caa to drag around.

If it were not for the legacy academic reputation coupled with the big list of who's who grads, HU would have nothing.

The question I have had recently in the back of my mind is… If you could be motivate to raise millions because now you have to compete with those who have millions, why couldn’t you raise it to play black folk? Would that not have solved every so called financial issue you had?

That’s why I appreciate what Jackson is doing and what Grambling is attempting to do. We needed people to challenge us. Put you money where you mouth is. And, there is change coming without having to sacrifice any part of ourselves.

The question I have had recently in the back of my mind is… If you could be motivate to raise millions because now you have to compete with those who have millions, why couldn’t you raise it to play black folk? Would that not have solved every so called financial issue you had?

That’s why I appreciate what Jackson is doing and what Grambling is attempting to do. We needed people to challenge us. Put you money where you mouth is. And, there is change coming without having to sacrifice any part of ourselves.
Because the MEAC was honestly doomed to fail to begin with. Some of it is institutional racism and some of it is poor leadership.

There has been a clear disconnect within the schools especially since FAMU and BCU joined. Multiple schools moved in and out because of finances. And that’s because most HBCUS cannot afford D1 Athletics or even NCAA athletics in general.

The revenue generation just isn’t there and honestly, the affect from George Floyd is starting to wear off. Even Deion Sanders will get old and the casual and White sports viewer will move on to the next hot thing.

And I’m gonna end with this; If quite a few of us were struggling to stay open pre-Covid, how can we expect these same schools to put forth the effort to field FBS programs let alone FCS ones?

As a hbcu league you'll always have value - when you join the ranks of them your slowly deteriorating and don't even know it

Tennessee State is a lost soul now with these PWC admins and HFC going out there and publicly pimping themselves to claim to be FBS in the future knowing they won't be around to see it just to avoid dealing with the swac

A&T and Hampton haven't done much since leaving and Howard, who ain't done much in the Meac, is supposed to now jump up and compete even more? Lol

As a hbcu league you'll always have value - when you join the ranks of them your slowly deteriorating and don't even know it

Tennessee State is a lost soul now with these PWC admins and HFC going out there and publicly pimping themselves to claim to be FBS in the future knowing they won't be around to see it just to avoid dealing with the swac

A&T and Hampton haven't done much since leaving and Howard, who ain't done much in the Meac, is supposed to now jump up and compete even more? Lol
So you are just going to disregard the whole Covid thing, huh?

Just a bunch of sell outs

Eager to make money for YT but with all the brilliant minds at Howard, Hampton and NCAT y’all couldn’t figure out how to make money in the MEAC? You all deserve whatever will happen to you in the future.

Ask yourself a question?

What moves have you seen the MEAC make in the last couple of years that were a benefit to the conference?

We all see the deals and moves made by the SWAC Commissioner but nothing coming from MEAC?

Have any of u wondered why that is

Those same questions can be asked of the CAA?

It’s going to be time to return to the logistical negotiation table pretty soon for the SWAC and what’s left of a depleted MEAC. I can tell you right now, if and when the meac falls, the Coach Prime’s , Gramblings, FAMU’s , Southerns , and anyone else in the SWAC who has a successful season will be clambering about post season opportunity outside of the conference championship.. Our commissioner had better pay attention to our brothers up north in the MEAC and not think things sweet cause we’re a 12 member conference now. You have to entice your money and house hold name institutions why they should stay and not look at the NCAT’s , Hamptons, and now Howard’s of the world and say you know they’re not so crazy after all… just saying… commissioner… don’t wait for the celebration bowl to be in limbo, just saying.

It’s going to be time to return to the logistical negotiation table pretty soon for the SWAC and what’s left of a depleted MEAC. I can tell you right now, if and when the meac falls, the Coach Prime’s , Gramblings, FAMU’s , Southerns , and anyone else in the SWAC who has a successful season will be clambering about post season opportunity outside of the conference championship.. Our commissioner had better pay attention to our brothers up north in the MEAC and not think things sweet cause we’re a 12 member conference now. You have to entice your money and house hold name institutions why they should stay and not look at the NCAT’s , Hamptons, and now Howard’s of the world and say you know they’re not so crazy after all… just saying… commissioner… don’t wait for the celebration bowl to be in limbo, just saying.
We leaving these crabs where they stand. We're moving up.

Just a bunch of sell outs

Eager to make money for YT but with all the brilliant minds at Howard, Hampton and NCAT y’all couldn’t figure out how to make money in the MEAC? You all deserve whatever will happen to you in the future.

If 7 schools have left the MEAC, maybe just maybe it's not on the schools. Maybe the MEAC has no plan or vision and people aren't gonna stand by and watch themselves get passed by

Yep. Get the FBS plan announced and put into motion ASAP.

look at the leadership in charge of the schools at the time of the withdrawals

Hampton - PWC AD but led by a President with a super ego
A&T - PWC AD led by an alum Chancellor who wanted more despite the fact that their recent success is because of the MEAC
Howard - PWC AD who played along until President resigned
FAMU - PWC AD but in all honesty FAMU is more SWAC foused anyway
BCU - Alum as an AD who retired rather than see the transition through as he preferred the MEAC but BCU is tied to FAMU

Savannah State & Winston wasn't ready for it honestly so throw them out but they were natural fits

Because the MEAC was honestly doomed to fail to begin with. Some of it is institutional racism and some of it is poor leadership.

There has been a clear disconnect within the schools especially since FAMU and BCU joined. Multiple schools moved in and out because of finances. And that’s because most HBCUS cannot afford D1 Athletics or even NCAA athletics in general.

The revenue generation just isn’t there and honestly, the affect from George Floyd is starting to wear off. Even Deion Sanders will get old and the casual and White sports viewer will move on to the next hot thing.

And I’m gonna end with this; If quite a few of us were struggling to stay open pre-Covid, how can we expect these same schools to put forth the effort to field FBS programs let alone FCS ones?
Serious question. What changes in the CAA?

From what I’ve heard… The SWAC and Celebration Bowl have already come up with back up plans for the continuation of the game. Whether we see those things implemented Is based on what happens next for the MEAC. They definitely will need another member to continue to exist. I hope they were already planning for that.

Serious question. What changes in the CAA?
The southern members wanted travel costs contained ASAP. They also had a gaping hole with JMU moving to the Sun Belt.

But talking about it will not realize it to fruition. HU isn't fiscally prepared nor does it have the right leadership to support such a move. Howard offers nothing of value to the caa in its present state.

Nice banter pro-the move though. Nothing wrong with wishful wants and a cracked face later. 😂😂😂

As far as athletics I predicted NC A&T's football team to decline at a fast pace and return to being a bottom program. Both school's focus is the need to compete academically against other schools which to me is very cool. I applaud them. Yet, their athletic programs will suffer.

I wonder that answer. I mean. It's better than being in the Big South... but damn near anything is better than that
Agreed. I also ask that question from an internal support standpoint. What changes internally (leadership, alumni support) to allow for them to be consistently competitive? Is that changing too? If so, how? (Not expecting an answer)

nothing - history says fans will be disengaged - ala Tennessee State -

and also - the current staff/coaches will be canned unfortunately as if they ain't winning in the BS surely they won't see CAA

basically, you're paying more money for same results when MEAC offered a similar path at a lower cost with better exposure and all of your teams had a chance at winning big

name the celebration bowl (exposure and payout) equivalent to the CAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back