Hampton, Monmouth and Stony Brook to CAA & now NCAT & Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many of you are missing the point. I gives a dam about the football part. My point was you nikkers keep saying the benefits of associating with those white schools rubbing elbows will benefit them. Let's be honest it will not. Sports and the academic side will be to different things. White people still think Ivy league grads who are black are below them. They think those who attend those schools are affirmative action results. If you don't believe e ask them and stop assuming. Y'all are the one who said it not me. It is a insult to black people to say by being in a white conference they will be better off academically. Now that is a koon attitude.

Last edited:
A lot of us are simply afraid of competing against 88% of the rest of the country. Plain and simple. Its old minded fear.

I hope Hampton goes over there and kick their asses!

Exactly. We compete with these schools for students and research funds but we don't wanna compete with them in athletics

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What would you rather boast?

Having the Vice President of the USA, a Supreme Court Justice or a man who starred in at one time the highest grossing super hero movie and 3 time Oscar winner-all while he was DYING from Cancer.

Or boast you tossed out a few jocks?
Both sets.

I think many of you are missing the point. I gives a dam about the football part. My point was you nikkers keep saying the benefits of associating with those white schools rubbing elbows will benefit them. Let's be honest it will not. Sports and the academic side will be to different things. White people still think Ivy league grads who are black are below them. They think those who attend those schools are affirmative action results. If you don't believe e ask them and stop assuming. Y'all are the one who said it not me. It is a insult to black people to say by being in a white conference they will be better off academically. Now that is a koon attitude.
They can't see it homie. They too blind to see it. Let them be swallowed up by their own lack of common sense and desire to be at the table.

And that’s the thing. Some of us would rather fight for a seat at their table instead of building up our own tables.

We had/have our own tables in HBCU athletics tho... MEAC obviously wasn't feeding their member schools well enough, so they left.

We had/have our own tables in HBCU athletics tho... MEAC obviously wasn't feeding their member schools well enough, so they left.
Was it the conference that made decisions to not setup different divisions to ease some the traveling issues that they had as conference? Or was it the Presidents and administrations of the member schools that were not forward thinking that didn't ease some of the concerns of their member schools?

And that’s the thing. Some of us would rather fight for a seat at their table instead of building up our own tables.

This is why I ride them so hard. This will be Hampton's second time running from their own table just to be happy being in the room near someone else's table

Was it the conference that made decisions to not setup different divisions to ease some the traveling issues that they had as conference? Or was it the Presidents and administrations of the member schools that were not forward thinking that didn't ease some of the concerns of their member schools?

I believe it's a combo of both but as we can see by the schools who left (and those that have explored leaving), the only "forward thinking" by them was leaving the MEAC to be around them. Hampton used the CB as a scapegoat when A&T said travel only to run to a dead end conference with the same amount of travel

Nah, those who left were leaving no matter what the MEAC was providing.

If that's the case, FAMU woulda BEEN left the MEAC.

Stop acting like the MEAC didn't have problems. NOBODY is obligated to stay anchored to foolishness.

The problem with that table is, since no one wants to say it, is it's gotten you bottom 3 in conference rankings nearly across the board with no type of improvement. That's the argument people are always going to be able to use when it comes to this topic to pretty much end it. It's basically like, we're cool, we want to get better but, almost none of us are really going to do what it takes to make it happen. It shouldn't be... as long as this conference has been playing football, that schools can create a program from scratch that dominates the conference within 5-10 years of playing their first down.. but that's how it goes in actuality.

The press from Deion is good, but, if he turns them into a powerhouse, the inevitable will draw him somewhere else. Will the recruiting and draw power leave with him? It's cool not to want to "rub elbows" with them, but, when beating you to sleep is what "them" is doing, I don't see how teams wanting to be a part of that is bad simply because they're not in an hbcu conference. When the white schools do it, there are no "c**n" or any of that nonsense lol. But if you're an hbcu, naw, you can't go nowhere but the meac or the swac. Also, if you can't admit that conference affiliation definitely has far more benefits than just sports then I dunno what to tell you. Hell even the academic profiles of the MEAC and the SWAC were night and day. And that's not to demean anyone's school but, it's no secret that Howard, Hampton, A&T and the likes focused more on academics than the SWAC did...thus them having more of an academic pedigree vs an athletic one. (Which is weird considering the swac SHOULD be beating them more often than the other way around.)

ACC, BIG 10.. academics
SEC.. athletics

Alabama would be far better off in the SEC than the ACC and there's no denying that. Just like GT and UNC make much more sense in the ACC. Yes, that puts Hampton in better company, in rankings at the least, than where they were before. And that's if you want to go the way of academics or athletics. Monmouth and Stony Brook fit that profile as well.. which is why Monmouth bailed on their conference just the same and so will Stony Brook if they get an invite. For them it's just what they view as a conference improvement. But for Hampton, it's coonin. Sometimes you have to just get past the bias to see clearly lol.

If that's the case, FAMU woulda BEEN left the MEAC.

Stop acting like the MEAC didn't have problems. NOBODY is obligated to stay anchored to foolishness.

Not necessarily.

Nobody is saying that the MEAC didn’t have its issues but, everyone knew for decades that Hampton was looking at the CAA as the true destination. There is literally articles from years ago stating this.

A&T complained about travel and class time but they are about to travel to North Dakota to play NDSU. FAMU has left before so them going to a conference that most people agreed was more of a natural fit was no surprise. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I have nothing against HBCUs seeking other sport conferences. Let me get that out the way. my problem is the y'all think white folks gonna let them eat from the table of their academic money. I said it once and I'll say it again if you thinks white person in America thinks a black person with a ivy league degree is equal to them you got some issues. Like I said have a real conversation on race with white people at work. Just make sure you're ready for it. Put your big boy pants on. Prime example for over a100 years Georgia Tech wouldn't let the University of Georgia or no school in the state of Georgia have a full engineering program. They blocked every bill that came to the legislation. It wasn't until the state of Georgia guaranteed Georgia Tech the dominance of money for research they finally allowed it to happen at other schools in Georgia. I don't think y'all understand what it takes to get in the good boy white club. In fact I can tell y'all ain't never talked to some white boys in power positions. They will open your eyes. Sometimes it's not about money to white people. It's about power. That's why I tell you to have a real conversation with folks who can get real with you.

Last edited:
Not necessarily.

Nobody is saying that the MEAC didn’t have its issues but, everyone knew for decades that Hampton was looking at the CAA as the true destination. There is literally articles from years ago stating this.

A&T complained about travel and class time but they are about to travel to North Dakota to play NDSU. FAMU has left before so them going to a conference that most people agreed was more of a natural fit was no surprise. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Your so off base it's sad. A&T is getting paid 240k to play NDSU. Our team will fly out late Thurs and fly back after the game on Sat.

No different than what they do every away game. Our team always stays in a hotel the night before.

This is why I ride them so hard. This will be Hampton's second time running from their own table just to be happy being in the room near someone else's table

I believe it's a combo of both but as we can see by the schools who left (and those that have explored leaving), the only "forward thinking" by them was leaving the MEAC to be around them. Hampton used the CB as a scapegoat when A&T said travel only to run to a dead end conference with the same amount of travel

Travel is no where close to the same. Yall have to grasp the fact its other sports sponsored by the university than Football.

And even still with Football , the furthest A&T went was to Charleston. Which is 5 Hrs.

It's Morgan and DSU are farther

I have nothing against HBCUs seeking other sport conferences. Let me get that out the way. my problem is the y'all think white folks gonna let them eat from the table of their academic money. I said it once and I'll say it again if you thinks white person in America thinks a black person with a ivy league degree is equal to them you got some issues. Like I said have a real conversation on race with white people at work. Just make sure you're ready for it. Put your big boy pants on. Prime example for over a100 years Georgia Tech wouldn't let the University of Georgia or no school in the state of Georgia have a full engineering program. They blocked every bill that came to the legislation. It wasn't until the state of Georgia guaranteed Georgia Tech the dominance of money for research they finally allowed it to happen at other schools in Georgia. I don't think y'all understand what it takes to get in the good boy white club. In fact I can tell y'all ain't never talked to some white boys in power positions. They will open your eyes. Sometimes it's not about money to white people. It's about power. That's why I tell you to have a real conversation with folks who can get real with you.

Honestly it just seems like yall are looking for reasons to be salty about it. What does "people think white folks gonna let them eat from the table of their academic money" even mean? Honest question, do you understand how research money works for universities? If you do, then you know the conference absolutely matters. And Tech vs UGA isn't a great argument lol. Schools block other schools from having certain types of programs all of the time. Even with that, they are already at their possible apex so it doesn't matter anyways. There is nowhere up to go for either one of them. They are state flagship schools that already get a shit load of research money regardless. A better argument would've been UGA or GT blocking Georgia Southern. And yes, joining the CAA alone will be enough to boost their academic profile. That, is facts. They don't need them to "give" them anything. Just having that CAA logo beside their name will allow them to be able to recruit a different type of student. Ask the Ivies would they leave that conference to join the CAA even though the athletics are better. Hell no because their affiliation is a MAJOR deal. Some of you I really dont think see how this is a hell of a move for an hbcu to pull off joining that conference. The CAA and the Big South are two different things academically.

If things were so great how do u lose

SSU, Hampton, A&T , FAMU and BCU since 2019.

I can tell u. The ineffective leadership of Dennis Thomas. You notice he's been "retired"

study each school's situation and then get back to me. - two of the 5 were ego related and two more have financial issues

For all other sports, except football, how long is A&T's furthest trip within the Big South and what would that longest trip be back in the MEAC? Also, how is the Basketball scheduling in the Big South Compared to the MEAC, and in which state are all the Big South Conference championships held?

People want to push the “A&T / White acceptance” narrative so bad that they fail to ignore facts. Travel is not the same when it comes to the MEAC and Big South. Football isn't the only sport....

They don't wanna hear that because the dessert of this "white acceptance" stuff tastes too good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back