Grambing/ Jackson game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRUMPET MASTER

I'm just getting of the bus and in to my room with a heavy heart because of what happen at the game. Coming into the game we were ready and prepared to get all in jackson butt. We even showed it when we got back into the stands after halftime. In the fifth quarter our director called songs that we didnt practice in three weeks. We went over nine songs for the game and we didnt play none of them. We were very upset that our director did that to us. We looked a plum idiot in the fifth because of this reason. I give it to JSU for the way they sounded in the fifth. If you were there you noticed we sounded totally different from the game than we did in the fifth. All the blam is on our director for making us look very stupid and feeling nothing about it. I just ask to give credit were its do and know thats what happen on our end. I'm sure every band member went through this during there years in the band. Excellent job in the fifth Jackson. Now dont get me wrong you got your arse handed to you during the game even though we only had one half to show it.:p

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by TRUMPETMASTER2K1
I'm just getting of the bus and in to my room with a heavy heart because of what happen at the game. Coming into the game we were ready and prepared to get all in jackson butt. We even showed it when we got back into the stands after halftime. In the fifth quarter our director called songs that we didnt practice in three weeks. We went over nine songs for the game and we didnt play none of them. We were very upset that our director did that to us. We looked a plum idiot in the fifth because of this reason. I give it to JSU for the way they sounded in the fifth. If you were there you noticed we sounded totally different from the game than we did in the fifth. All the blam is on our director for making us look very stupid and feeling nothing about it. I just ask to give credit were its do and know thats what happen on our end. I'm sure every band member went through this during there years in the band. Excellent job in the fifth Jackson. Now dont get me wrong you got your arse handed to you during the game even though we only had one half to show it.:p
:shame: Prof always told us if one squad is wrong,... you better be wrong too and make everyone think it's a part of the show.You did what you was asked to do and you did it and that's it.
Never let anyone know what you are really thinking in public. Even the fans knew what was going down and that was not right.

Until I review the film,.....I can't call this one. It was tit for tat to me.
JSU,....I truly enjoyed those marches before the game.
GSU,..... I like yall's interpretation of "The Show" I like that,....what sounds like a chromatic chord change on the bridge.
GSU B-Tones......... :tup:

Note:

We still had some problems with two bands playing at the same time. I thought perhaps JSU was sending us a disrespectful message.
:shame: I think World Famed said it best when he said ,"You don't have to like us but, you will respect us". I feel they have demonstrated this philosophy last night.

What Really happen at the GSU/JSU game?

Please give your honest opinion about the performance of both bands at the game.

Good job Jackson, really enjoyed the game when it started. Trumpets was off the chain. That Barry White song ya'll played had a nigg@ grooving. Your percussion..........No comment. But overall, ya'll nigg@'s can blow! And for our directors, man, that is our business and know one else, we don't need excuses so lets just be humble and do what we do.

Originally posted by TRUMPETMASTER2K1

Sh!t Happens..........:rolleyes:

clapping my hands to grambling. you guys sounded great. god the bayou will be interesting this year. anyway PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

not sure what the argument was about with the director, but i would listen to who ever got yall sounding the way yall did last night. if it is the director, shut up and do what he says, if not then oh well:D. but i must say i was shockingly pleased.

and you guys definatly earnd some of my respect back for marchign out on a sighlent cadence when we was doing that **** for dem people. showed much class. mad props to GSU (and i cant believe i just said that):eek2:

Originally posted by royboy
clapping my hands to grambling. you guys sounded great. god the bayou will be interesting this year. anyway PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

not sure what the argument was about with the director, but i would listen to who ever got yall sounding the way yall did last night. if it is the director, shut up and do what he says, if not then oh well:D. but i must say i was shockingly pleased.

and you guys definatly earnd some of my respect back for marchign out on a sighlent cadence when we was doing that **** for dem people. showed much class. mad props to GSU (and i cant believe i just said that):eek2:
Much love to Jackson always. I liked you all in the stands though I felt the field show was kind of boring but you all sounded truly well as always. By the way congratulations on being in the NCAA Hall of Champions.

Originally posted by royboy

I cant believe you just said that either, roy! Great jobs to both bands and Noise Talka I'm disappointed in you:shame:I thought you had more clout than that but I aint mad at ya!:D

Well E, I thougt both bands did a great job and the Grambling band sounded better than I've heard it in a while. I really enjoyed the arrangement of "The Show" even though I was nervous when I heard the band would play it because Jackson has a good arrangement too. Here is how I would call it:

Before the game JSU played like 5 marches and sounded good

GSU didn't come in yet.

Next the rain started and lasted til the half.

Half time good job to both bands but Grambling had the edge.

3rd and 4th quarters GSU was crunk, Jackson was good.

5th quarter GSU good, Jackson crunk.

All in All pretty even! To me, it really was a toss up.

The Jukebox needs to watch out!

I'm just getting of the bus and in to my room with a heavy heart because of what happen at the game. Coming into the game we were ready and prepared to get all in jackson butt. We even showed it when we got back into the stands after halftime. In the fifth quarter our director called songs that we didnt practice in three weeks. We went over nine songs for the game and we didnt play none of them. We were very upset that our director did that to us. We looked a plum idiot in the fifth because of this reason. I give it to JSU for the way they sounded in the fifth. If you were there you noticed we sounded totally different from the game than we did in the fifth. All the blam is on our director for making us look very stupid and feeling nothing about it. I just ask to give credit were its do and know thats what happen on our end. I'm sure every band member went through this during there years in the band. Excellent job in the fifth Jackson. Now dont get me wrong you got your arse handed to you during the game even though we only had one half to show it.
Don't mind this yougster, He just showed me how much he still has to learn. I'll deal with him on monday.

Jackson:Good job.....Sound is good, show was good just an all around good performance to say it rained
Thanks for the props

Grambling: I want to take my hat off to the band for a great performance on saturday. People in the band know many obstacles that they were faced with this semester, but yall kept it togather. Pat yourselfs on your back for a job well down.

Re: Re: Grambing/ Jackson game

Originally posted by Legend35
:shame: Prof always told us if one squad is wrong,... you better be wrong too and make everyone think it's a part of the show.You did what you was asked to do and you did it and that's it.
Never let anyone know what you are really thinking in public. Even the fans knew what was going down and that was not right.

Until I review the film,.....I can't call this one. It was tit for tat to me.
JSU,....I truly enjoyed those marches before the game.
GSU,..... I like yall's interpretation of "The Show" I like that,....what sounds like a chromatic chord change on the bridge.
GSU B-Tones......... :tup:

NO SMACK, but is this similar to "The SHOW" SU played at JSU last week.....That was the main difference in SU's "the SHOW" and JSU's....SU's chromatic chord change....just asking, there is a clip of it on the 5th website...
Note:

We still had some problems with two bands playing at the same time. I thought perhaps JSU was sending us a disrespectful message.
:shame: I think World Famed said it best when he said ,"You don't have to like us but, you will respect us". I feel they have demonstrated this philosophy last night.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah Sutrp96 it did sound very much like Southern's version of the Show. I was thinking that in the stands. But other than that I thought both bands did a great job. I liked Grambling's energy in the stands a lot. I didn't matter what they did they were into it fully. They also sounded better than the last few years. You hear that Prof K & Legend 35. :D Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by jaydog
Yeah Sutrp96 it did sound very much like Southern's version of the Show. I was thinking that in the stands. But other than that I thought both bands did a great job. I liked Grambling's energy in the stands a lot. I didn't matter what they did they were into it fully. They also sounded better than the last few years. You hear that Prof K & Legend 35. :D Keep up the good work.

That's good to hear, atleast the Classic will be MORE entertaining this year....

This should be one of the best Classics in a good while...

I enjoyed Grambling!!!!!!! :tup:
I like the sound (esp. those clean trumpets) and the energy in the stands!!

I don't know what some people were talking about, 'cause what I saw on Saturday was definitely NOT slaw!!!!!

The BOOM did their thing! :tup: .... But I really enjoyed Grambling, as well.

SUtpt96:

I was gonna ask the same thing cause I heard it too but then again, I was switching back and forth between the JSU/GSU and ASU/SU games all night last Saturday. I don't remember which game I was on when I heard it.

First and foremost, Legand35 and Prof K...

lol. Dude all yall had to do was go down to the ramp. It just depends on who the security person is. I know most of them, but the dude on yalls side and the White guy at the ramp were trippin i see. smh. i tried. lol....just like grams band. Grambling was better this year....still no cigar. But they are better. SUtrp96, Grambling's version of THE SHOW is not similar to yalls...its exactly the same. lol@ someone sayin i like GSU's interpetation....lol..dude its a carbon copy of SU's arrangement....that's so garbage. smh. Anyway...it was a good game.

..........dude, you said grambling had the edge on the field???

yall don't quit. lol. :(
dude yall had folks running into each other and sh*t. . . . . lol

nevermind.

Good job Grambling. JSU, however, clearly took the W in every aspect. Next. . . . .

p.s. Prof K Gram needs to watch out.... lol

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
First and foremost, Legand35 and Prof K...

lol. Dude all yall had to do was go down to the ramp. It just depends on who the security person is. I know most of them, but the dude on yalls side and the White guy at the ramp were trippin i see. smh. i tried. lol....just like grams band. Grambling was better this year....still no cigar. But they are better. SUtrp96, Grambling's version of THE SHOW is not similar to yalls...its exactly the same. lol@ someone sayin i like GSU's interpetation....lol..dude its a carbon copy of SU's arrangement....that's so garbage. smh. Anyway...it was a good game.

Dayum I didn't know they went all the way out with it.......SMH

Good to hear GSU is sounding better this year....
But watch, when SU put's on an equal display like JSU put on, GSU ain't going to give half of the props they are giving ya'll ...it happens every year.....
I wanna hear a good battle for the Classic, I haven't been getting my moneys worht the last 3 years......Not counting the years I marched......

Originally posted by Prof K
Well E, I thougt both bands did a great job and the Grambling band sounded better than I've heard it in a while. I really enjoyed the arrangement of "The Show" even though I was nervous when I heard the band would play it because Jackson has a good arrangement too. Here is how I would call it:

Before the game JSU played like 5 marches and sounded good

GSU didn't come in yet.

Next the rain started and lasted til the half.

Half time good job to both bands but Grambling had the edge.

3rd and 4th quarters GSU was crunk, Jackson was good.

5th quarter GSU good, Jackson crunk.

All in All pretty even! To me, it really was a toss up.

The Jukebox needs to watch out!

Ya see, that's that BULL ISHT!!!!!! What the FUGG SU have to watch out for...SU is always on top of their game.....Ya'll put up a descent show, and JSU clearly was better, as I expected and SU needs to watch out.....
Ya'll need to get off that country isht!!!!!!! GSU is in some deep isht like they are every year, only this year you all will put up more of a fight.....Don't mean nothing though....

Stop playing with the "S" like ya'll up there with SU or some isht..
JSU put it on ya'll, expect the same or WORST!!!!!!!

:lmao: @ these dummies

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
SUtrp96, Grambling's version of THE SHOW is not similar to yalls...its exactly the same. lol@ someone sayin i like GSU's interpetation....lol..dude its a carbon copy of SU's arrangement....that's so garbage. smh. Anyway...it was a good game.
I have no comment on this until I look at the arrangement and confirm.

Originally posted by Legend35
I have no comment on this until I look at the arrangement and confirm.

You can't tell by listening to it?

:confused:

Of course if you look at both scores, it won't LOOK the exact same.... It's about the sound that is being produce.....

What it sound like is all that matters...

~1~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back