Giving Up Beef or Slowing Down Intake

CriTAUcal

Do Good; Good Follows
Who has given up beef or has slowed down on eating it as much?

I've alway been a chicken and turkey type, but I've noticed that I don't eat nearly as much beef as I use to. Now I need to slow down on the fried foods, too. Don't know if my tastebuds have changed, but just don't feel a desire to eat beef as much. Like I have a taste for a burger, I'd much rather have a turkey burger, especially if it's from Ruby Tuesday (soooooo good, if ya'll haven't tried it already). I can still appreciate a steak, but I only eat those maybe 2 times a year or so. Well, I'm unless I'm having fajitas from Chilli's, then I like to mix chicken and beef.

So just wondering what if I decided to eliminate beef from my diet all together.

I know Yvette hasn't eaten beef in a long time, but who else?

Heard laying off the beef is better for your disgestive system. So, have you felt a difference in your body? Benefits? Your experience, please?

Last edited:

I've alway been a chicken and turkey type, but I've noticed that I don't eat nearly as much beef as I use to. Now I need to slow down on the fried foods, too. Don't know if my tastebuds have changed, but just don't feel a desire to eat beef as much. Like I have a taste for a burger, I'd much rather have a turkey burger, especially if it's from Ruby Tuesday (soooooo good, if ya'll haven't tried it already). I can still appreciate a steak, but I only eat those maybe 2 times a year or so. Well, I'm unless I'm having fajitas from Chilli's, then I like to mix chicken and beef.

So just wondering what if I decided to eliminate from my diet all together.

Heard laying off the beef is better for your disgestive system. So, have you felt a difference in your body? Benefits? Your experience, please?

It's been going on 2 years for me now and I see a big difference in my disgestive system. :tup: Once u stop, don't try to revert!! I ate a sample of meatloaf that my MIL cooked one time and it turns out she mixed ground chuck and turkey. I was sick as hell that night and I had to get it out my system. :vomit: :lol:

But yeah, if u get a taste for a burger, turkey burgers are great!! Snake threw some on the gril during the 4th and it taste just like a regular azz hamburger. :nod: Dayum, I'm gettin hungry just thinking about it. :what:

The Vortex in Little 5 Points has a really good turkey burger too. :tup:

It's been going on 2 years for me now and I see a big difference in my disgestive system. :tup: Once u stop, don't try to revert!! I ate a sample of meatloaf that my MIL cooked one time and it turns out she mixed ground chuck and turkey. I was sick as hell that night and I had to get it out my system. :vomit: :lol:

But yeah, if u get a taste for a burger, turkey burgers are great!! Snake threw some on the gril during the 4th and it taste just like a regular azz hamburger. :nod: Dayum, I'm gettin hungry just thinking about it. :what:

The Vortex in Little 5 Points has a really good turkey burger too. :tup:

I haven't been to the Vortex in about 3 years. If I ever go back, that's what I'll have to get. Try Ruby Tuesday's turkey burger (the one on Camp Creek). It is soooooo good. OMG! I always get it with two sides of broccoli, and I feel like I'm heaven.

Sorry MIL's mealoaf made you sick.

I haven't been to the Vortex in about 3 years. If I ever go back, that's what I'll have to get. Try Ruby Tuesday's turkey burger (the one on Camp Creek). It is soooooo good. OMG! I always get it with two sides of broccoli, and I feel like I'm heaven.

Sorry MIL's mealoaf made you sick.

I honestly didn't think it would considering she didn't put much in there. Shid, my stomach balled up in a knot that night. :retard: :lol: But it did taste good tho. :lol: :tup:

I'mma try Ruby Tuesday's TB soon.....hell, I ought to stop and get one to go for tomorrow. :flippy:

I gave up redmeats for about 6-7 months back in 2007 after Blood pressure went up. I now eat them rarely. I may eat a hamburger once every 2-3 months with the exception of BBQs. However, it is not because of the beef but because of the bread. I think it may have made a slight difference but giving up breads and pastas really, really helped me out alot.

I do eat steaks every now and then. I have already circled August 19th as a day I will eat a Steak from Ruth Chris during DC Restaurant week because the meal will only cost $30 that day.

However, I do feel better eating chicken and fish, I feel lighter and have less guilt. My rule is this, I never buy read meat or fry food at home. If I want to eat something fried, I will have to eat it while out. I don't even keep sweets in my house now. Folks look at me crazy cause I have two big boxes of Kashi Cereal that I snack on with peanut butter and bananas often.

I honestly didn't think it would considering she didn't put much in there. Shid, my stomach balled up in a knot that night. :retard: :lol: But it did taste good tho. :lol: :tup:

I'mma try Ruby Tuesday's TB soon.....hell, I ought to stop and get one to go for tomorrow. :flippy:

:lol: @ stomach being balled up.

:jump: @ tomorrow!

I don't even keep sweets in my house now. Folks look at me crazy cause I have two big boxes of Kashi Cereal that I snack on with peanut butter and bananas often.

Good rule on not bringing junk food in the house. I have slacked off tremendously on bringing junk food in the house, and if I do, it's something like baked chips. My weakness is juice though. I really believe if I could leave (real fruit) juices and sweet tea alone, I could drop some weight.

So just wondering what if I decided to eliminate beef from my diet all together.

I have...

also stick to lean turkey 93% or more. Restaurants that use ground turkey normally used the lowest thay can find.

Good rule on not bringing junk food in the house. I have slacked off tremendously on bringing junk food in the house, and if I do, it's something like baked chips. My weakness is juice though. I really believe if I could leave (real fruit) juices and sweet tea alone, I could drop some weight.

Mine is Gummi Bears. dayum, I love them things..

Me = No red... No sugar... No bread... No frieds... No salt....

Got dayum, what DO u eat? Invisible food? :xeye: :lol:

I'm joking, but I'm with Crit- that takes lots of discipline. :tup: ....shild, if I could just give up sweets/bread. :(

Now I did cut back on fried foods, but I tend to backslide thanks to Zaxby's and JR Crickets. :lol:

I hardly ever eat beef...cut back on it a few years ago. Sometimes though, I will crave the hell out of a good juicy steak. :licky: :nod:

What made you give it up? When you first gave it up (first few months/year), did you feel lighter, lose any weight, feel better?

Mad Cow.....:sick: Seeing that on the news :scared: a sista.

I didn't notice too much because I never ate a lot of burgers/steaks anyway.
I tried to eat a beef burger one time since, and it just did not taste right.

Pure Turkey burgers all the way...:tup:

Got dayum, what DO u eat? Invisible food? :xeye: :lol:

Now I did cut back on fried foods, but I tend to backslide thanks to Zaxby's and JR Crickets. :lol:

:lol: @ invisible food.

Soror, I LOVE Zaxby's........:flippy: I could eat a ton of the french fries....:)

I feel ya. Beef just isn't tasting as good to me right now. Kinda like sodas. I tremendously slacked off on sodas. Don't even buy them for the house anymore. Now that I don't drink them on the regular, they taste funny to me now, especially dark sodas. And I use to LOVE Dr. Pepper. That doesn't even taste the same to me anymore. If I do drink a soda it's usually a sprite or something similar.
But that sweet tea???? It's the devil!

I feel ya. Beef just isn't tasting as good to me right now. Kinda like sodas. I tremendously slacked off on sodas. Don't even buy them for the house anymore. Now that I don't drink them on the regular, they taste funny to me now, especially dark sodas. And I use to LOVE Dr. Pepper. That doesn't even taste the same to me anymore. If I do drink a soda it's usually a sprite or something similar.
But that sweet tea???? It's the devil!

I agree with the sodas. I have a 24pack of Diet Caffeine Cokes at home and I just can't make myself drink them...probably been sitting there over 2 months now...but that half/half TEA!! I'm sitting here now drinking a 20oz cup....:lol:

Free Tea @ McAlisters today! :flippy:

Mad Cow.....:sick: Seeing that on the news :scared: a sista.

I didn't notice too much because I never ate a lot of burgers/steaks anyway.

Pure Turkey burgers all the way...:tup:

:lol: @ invisible food.

Soror, I LOVE Zaxby's........:flippy: I could eat a ton of the french fries....:)
shucks, I fell in love with Zaxby's last month while in ATL....LAWD that food was good. :licky:

Ohhhh I remember McAlister's tea. Wish there was one in ATL. :(
Sweet tea---- I can drink it ALL day. So not good.
Now, that's my guilty pleasure...drinking on some right now. :shame: I don't think we have McAlister's here in TX.

I've cut back on beef but I refuse to cut it out just like Pork. Anything and everything is bad for you if you eat too much of it. I'm trying to get on the Turkey but my old roomate turned me off to it back on 98. Turkey Sausage,Rotel,Burgers,chili etc.. I hate to smell it cooking. and the 99% fat free stuff has to be over seaoned just to make it edible. Bottom line you shouldn't be eating steaks everyday or ribs. But I know my grandmother and folks been eating beef,pork all their lives and my granmother is 95. Most people do it based on health but can never really show the benefits. No lost weight, still got high blood pressure and diabetes. So you must be eating or doing something bad.

I've cut down on portions, calories, and restaurants. As restaurants add a lot of fillers and sodium in their food. A Apple Bees Turkey burger is like 1500 calories. That's before any sides and tea...

Shoot you can eat chicken tenders in place of beef but if it's fried then it high in calories ,sodium and cholesteral. You may as well eat a 6 oz sirlon or ribeye..

Just saying.

Back