Giving Up Beef or Slowing Down Intake

I rarely eat red meat. If I do it's in a burger. And 99% of the time my burgers are turkey burgers. I even make my Rotel dip with ground turkey.

shucks, I fell in love with Zaxby's last month while in ATL....LAWD that food was good. :licky:

:vomit: I tried Zaxby's in Florida earlier this summer and it was unremarkable. I'd heard folks talk about it on here.
Raising Canes is soooo much better.

I rarely eat red meat. If I do it's in a burger. And 99% of the time my burgers are turkey burgers. I even make my Rotel dip with ground turkey.

:vomit: I tried Zaxby's in Florida earlier this summer and it was unremarkable. I'd heard folks talk about it on here.
Raising Canes is soooo much better.
That's all I use too, is that ground turkey....and yes, I do like Raising Canes better but Zaxby's is still good to me too.

Bottom line you shouldn't be eating steaks everyday or ribs. But I know my grandmother and folks been eating beef,pork all their lives and my granmother is 95. Most people do it based on health but can never really show the benefits. No lost weight, still got high blood pressure and diabetes. So you must be eating or doing something bad.

That's true. :nod:

Honestly, I stopped eating red meat just to see if I could do it. Now I cringe at the sight of red meat. :xeye: Now pork on the other hand- I love my momma's and hubby's BBQ ribs too much to give it up. :lol: :tup:

As restaurants add a lot of fillers and sodium in their food. A Apple Bees Turkey burger is like 1500 calories. That's before any sides and tea...

Got DAYUM!!! :eek: And I just ate a turkey burger from Ruby Tuesday's for lunch today. Dammit Crit!!!! :argue2: :emlaugh:

That's true. :nod:

Honestly, I stopped eating red meat just to see if I could do it. Now I cringe at the sight of red meat. :xeye: Now pork on the other hand- I love my momma's and hubby's BBQ ribs too much to give it up. :lol: :tup:

Got DAYUM!!! :eek: And I just ate a turkey burger from Ruby Tuesday's for lunch today. Dammit Crit!!!! :argue2: :emlaugh:

Did they use ground turkey or that old flat seasoned patty.....if it's the pre-seasoned patti, stay away from those.....:tdown:

Did they use ground turkey or that old flat seasoned patty.....if it's the pre-seasoned patti, stay away from those.....:tdown:

It was probably the pre-seasoned pattie. :smh: I kinda figured it wasn't THAT healthy, but it's a great substitute for whenever I have a taste for a burger- and today was that day. :lol:

I once gave up all meat for Lent...and I'm not even Catholic, however, I used it as a time for "cleansing". I was told by the best of the vegans that whenever I went back to eating meat, that I would probably be sick as a dawg...and believe me, they were right! The first thing I had was a grilled hamburger and I could taste nothing but grease. My stomach doubled up in knots, but I was determined to finish that bad boy. Anyway, I seldom eat red meat (yesterday was the first in about 2 months) because of the length of time to either properly digest it or discard it. Hell, I'm a year or two removed from that colonoscopy anyway....

I haven't given up completely on beef, but I've cut down my intake quite a bit. I eat lean meats like turkey and grilled or baked salmon.

I feel a lot better when I eat beef on occasion. I have a lot more energy and am leaning up quite a bit.

I just had to pull this back up- but if any of ya'll are near a Fatburger, please try the Veggie Burger. Dat thang is da SHONUFF TRUTH. :eek: And it tastes like a REAL burger. Or your can just purchase a pack of Boca Vegan burgers and get the same results. I barely eat turkey burgers now. :nod: :tup:

Man, I was reading that menu and all I saw was high blood pressure. lmao... :lmao:.. I need to try one night when I am in the ATL.

a few years ago I gave up Beef and Pork.... did it for bout 2 years........ then introduced it slowly.....

I dont eat either too often... However its time to do away with it for a while.....

I haven't ate beef and pork for a week and I don't feel heavy anymore. I've tried this for about a month before and shed a lot of weight.

I haven't ate beef and pork for a week and I don't feel heavy anymore. I've tried this for about a month before and shed a lot of weight.

:nod: :clap:

Now pork on the other hand....well, I'll just say that I try not to eat much of it. That spicy sausage and ribs during the summer time is my weakness. :( :lol:

As for the beef, I have slowed down a bit on that. And to think I just had some BBQ short beef ribs a few nights ago. :lol: Plus as of late I'm eating more chicken and have to step up on the fish since I haven't had that in a while.

Pork has been out of my list since my sophomore year in college. :what: What was ironic about it was that I had a plate of chops one Sunday at a friends place and days later I just stopped eating that altogether.

I'm feening for some turkey bacon already...thanks a bunch. :emlaugh:

Cee you's a fool :lol:

Meatless Monday!! Get your health in order! Who is with me? Although everyday is meatless for me!! I challenge you guys to go meatless for a week... It really isnt that hard to find alternatives... Especially you guys in bigger cities (ATL, DC, etc..)

Back