Former JSU Band Director Retires from VSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Toney C; I played in the percussion section. Did you play in the same section as Anna Martin, Irma Herron and Lorraine Hudson?

Naw. I know all of those ladies, though.

I played with Percy, Rickey Louie (my bestest friend), Joe, Cynthia Mosley, Joann White, Delphine Lewis, et al.

For some reason I can't remember anyone in percussion except Demetrius and Capone. :kaioken:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Naw. I know all of those ladies, though.

I played with Percy, Rickey Louie (my bestest friend), Joe, Cynthia Mosley, Joann White, Delphine Lewis, et al.

For some reason I can't remember anyone in percussion except Demetrius and Capone. :kaioken:

Oh you know my brother, believe me...:lol:

I wish I had a pic.....:)

Yall twerps would schedule a picnic the weekend BEFORE I come home......

Bastids..... :winkgrin:

Luv da Boom betch.....

:tup:

Get on Loretta about that..
Plus i think that she did not want to cross over with next weekends JSU graduation at the Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium

That's interesting, and disturbing. I don't remember us behaving that way at all. Shoot, the directors didn't have to say a thing. The drum majors were enough to keep us in line.

I remember once when Hawk made me do push ups at the door for being two minutes late for rehearsal. He didn't even want to make me, but rules are rules.

Wow. I got to get back to campus one day.

drum_major_hawk_1_op_566x800.jpg

Is this Hawk? ^^^^

JSU had only one Drum Major in the late 70's?

We had two drum majors while I was there. My first year the DMs were Hawk and Phil Brewer (I think); the next two years were Hawk and Graham (both Omegas and KKY); the last year it I think it was Graham and Michael Bethea. That was the semester I pledged so everything was a blur. :eek:

I do know that we had TWO drum majors, not all the folks I see on the field now. Two was more than enough. :whatever:

We had two drum majors while I was there. My first year the DMs were Hawk and Phil Brewer (I think); the next two years were Hawk and Graham (both Omegas and KKY); the last year it I think it was Graham and Michael Bethea. That was the semester I pledged so everything was a blur. :eek:

I do know that we had TWO drum majors, not all the folks I see on the field now. Two was more than enough. :whatever:

Your last year was Michael Bethea(Great Dane) and Morris Armstrong(St. Aug). :)

Yes...there are entirely too many drum majors on the field now. All that activity is :tdown:. I've never liked that concept.

Your last year was Michael Bethea(Great Dane) and Morris Armstrong(St. Aug). :)

Yes...there are entirely too many drum majors on the field now. All that activity is :tdown:. I've never liked that concept.

Ohhhh. Thanks for the correction. Like I said, I pledged that semester and everything was a blur. I barely remember being on the field that year. :lol:

I do remember my line sisters and I were sooooooooooooo happy to get to band practice on weeknights. That gave us a chance to breeeeeve in peace. :uhoh:

Ohhhh. Thanks for the correction. Like I said, I pledged that semester and everything was a blur. I barely remember being on the field that year. :lol:

I do remember my line sisters and I were sooooooooooooo happy to get to band practice on weeknights. That gave us a chance to breeeeeve in peace. :uhoh:

:lol:

I remember you four ladies well....:emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Oh you know my brother, believe me...:lol:

I wish I had a pic.....:)

I wish you did, too. I looked through my yearbooks and he ain't in any of them, except with the band. Course, the faces are so small I can't tell who is who. :smug:

Do you remember a trumpet player during that time from Liberty, Ms. name Ellis Ray Addison. I believe he played from 78 and 79 or so.. I know it was 2 of the three years 77, 78, 79

He's not the guy I was thinking of earlier. I was remembering Louis Mason. That name doesn't ring a bell. His name isn't on any of the rosters in my yearbooks.

I agree totally...I pledged TBS in Spring 1981. My freshman year was Fall 1979 - I was so afraid of Hawk!:scared:

I agree totally...I pledged TBS in Spring 1981. My freshman year was Fall 1979 - I was so afraid of Hawk!:scared:

Well, hey soror! You arrived the year after me. Who is this? Which section?

I'm the little chocolate girl from TOP who hung out with Tic Tac. I pledged TBS Spring 1979.

You ain't lying about Hawk. He was a sweetheart, but he definitely commanded respect.

What ever happened to the JSU band chat...Sonic...Sonic...Sonic...Sonic....Boom!(hit the bass drum)?

What ever happened to the JSU band chat...Sonic...Sonic...Sonic...Sonic....Boom!(hit the bass drum)?

Got lost in the exit of tradition....:tdown:

CocoaLove and vertojsu...remember the 'Lean' chant we used to do? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back