Fobbs out at Grambling

Grambling State football is searching for a new coach after firing Broderick Fobbs on Monday, ending his tenure that began in 2013. He leaves behind a program with a lot of questions with a 3-7 record and 2-5 in the SWAC record before the season finale against Southern in the Bayou Classic on Nov. 27.

Here are some names to monitor as the search begins for a new coach:

Doug Williams

Current Job: Senior advisor to Washington Football Team president Jason Wright.

Eric Dooley

Current Job: Prairie View A&M coach.

Jabbar Juluke

Current Job: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns assistant head coach/running backs

Marshall Faulk

Current Job: Retired NFL running back

The Skinny: Faulk, 48, had previously been in talks with Southern University about its coaching position.

Ed Reed

Current Job: Chief of staff for the Miami Hurricanes

The Skinny: Reed, 43, is one of the best defensive backs to ever play the game and he's already got coaching experience since retiring from the NFL.

Ray Lewis

Current Job: FOX NFL analyst

Grambling State football is searching for a new coach after firing Broderick Fobbs on Monday, ending his tenure that began in 2013. He leaves behind a program with a lot of questions with a 3-7 record and 2-5 in the SWAC record before the season finale against Southern in the Bayou Classic on Nov. 27.

Here are some names to monitor as the search begins for a new coach:

Doug Williams

Current Job: Senior advisor to Washington Football Team president Jason Wright.

Eric Dooley

Current Job: Prairie View A&M coach.

Jabbar Juluke

Current Job: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns assistant head coach/running backs

Marshall Faulk

Current Job: Retired NFL running back

The Skinny: Faulk, 48, had previously been in talks with Southern University about its coaching position.

Ed Reed

Current Job: Chief of staff for the Miami Hurricanes

The Skinny: Reed, 43, is one of the best defensive backs to ever play the game and he's already got coaching experience since retiring from the NFL.

Ray Lewis

Current Job: FOX NFL analyst
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......NO MORE DOUG WILLIAM COACHING STINTS!!!!!

he made $322K - you'll get the typical applicants - bump it up $200K - different pool.

issue is these guys now will ask for security, staff pool salary bumps, facility enhancements before they coach a down. Your basically committing $600-$800K for a $300K hire
Not true. $322k in FCs is top notch. Not understanding what world you think FCS football has gone to but even $250k is good in FCS.

I wanted Fobbs out of GSY badly until I started seeing the “ridiculous” list of candidates folks were posting everywhere. I started to change my tune and root for him. 😂

Anyway, Fobbs should definitely land another FCS gig somewhere. Fobbs can win as long as he has the right coordinators around him.

I wanted Fobbs out of GSY badly until I started seeing the “ridiculous” list of candidates folks were posting everywhere. I started to change my tune and root for him. 😂

Anyway, Fobbs should definitely land another FCS gig somewhere. Fobbs can win as long as he has the right coordinators around him.

And quarterback lol

We know our business at Grambling and know what happened. Mind your own
I’m lost with this one. I made a statement about what I believe to be competitive salaries in FCS. What are you talking about. I never said I knew Grambling business. I made a general statement about a salary and you replied y’all know what really went on and me to mind my business?! How did my statement about $322,000 being good money in FCS warrant a response for me to mind my business. Please make that make sense. You sound dumb!

Back