Film on JSU Recurits Haren(qb) and Vaka(Lb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MH,

Those are signs of a bad season. Now I could name some general statements about about your school that people would look at and consider your school a weak program.

JRock,

You are wayyyyyyy off base. Yes Hughes probably wouldn't have gone 2-10 but he would have coached under different circumstances.

I understand you guys are looking at this from a one sided view (and jaded at that) but we see most of the whole picture. JSU football had a down year, we all agree. This may continue for another season, only time will tell, but we ARE NOT nor will we become A DECAYING PROGRAM.

Some cases you have to take a few steps backwards to regroup and move forward. Like I said only time will tell.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
I heard that they cheated Miles......:rolleyes:

Tigerpride this is another example of the "crab in the barrell" complex I alluded to in an earlier post. Would you please tell me how taking cheap shots at your defending SWAC & BCF champions is going to correct jsu football deficit? Also, if you all are going to retain your inexperience head coach, is it something you all can do to teach him how to handle the media. Making lewd gestures just reeks a bush league mentality. Did your administration discipline your coach? What measures have been taken to insure this behavior does not transpire in the future? Please advise......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JROCK
Tigerpride this is another example of the "crab in the barrell" complex I alluded to in an earlier post. Would you please tell me how taking cheap shots at your defending SWAC & BCF champions is going to correct jsu football deficit? Also, if you all are going to retain your inexperience head coach, is it something you all can do to teach him how to handle the media. Making lewd gestures just reeks a bush league mentality. Did your administration discipline your coach? What measures have been taken to insure this behavior does not transpire in the future? Please advise......

JRock, I am not on this board to correct the problems at JSU. The man that most people wanted at JSU (Comegy) just had a losing season at a program that he built. Why can't Bell have a losing season?? I like Bell but I also like a winner... I know why he did not win last year and I have my own expectations of him for 2004 but whether he stays or goes is up to him. Only Bell can save James Bell at this point. Also, afif Bell does not work out, I seriously doubt that if Culberson weathers the storm that he will make the same mistake twice.

JRock, I am not on this board to correct the problems at JSU. The man that most people wanted at JSU (Comegy) just had a losing season at a program that he built. Why can't Bell have a losing season?? I like Bell but I also like a winner... I know why he did not win last year and I have my own expectations of him for 2004 but whether he stays or goes is up to him. Only Bell can save James Bell at this point. Also, afif Bell does not work out, I seriously doubt that if Culberson weathers the storm that he will make the same mistake twice.

I'll accept that.

Remember that Hughes would neglect to recruit our needs (ie kicker, people for the secondary ect) until it was too late.

Well what about Bell's failure to uprade the offensive line this offseason? That is a major need for any run oriented team.

Originally posted by bornthrilla
Well what about Bell's failure to uprade the offensive line this offseason? That is a major need for any run oriented team.

At least Bell looked. We also have all our starters back on the o-line. You gonna see the difference man. Just be happy that you don't have to face us anymore....By the time we play A&T again, Small will have been fired.

At least Bell looked.

Normally I dont even reply to these threads....but this is the most pathetic thing ive seen on this board in a LONG time.

My, how the standards at JSU keep getting lower and lower. Don't tell me you consider that some moral victory.

You mentioned that in reference to Hughes. One year Hughes wanted o-linemen and signed NONE....he went and signed 8 a year late and a dollar short.

Then Hughes needed a kicker and he signed NONE!!! Then he found one a year later a dollar short and gave them to Bell.

Unknown,

Don't say a word because we know that your program has been built on cheating. Aside from that Bell has signed 5 o-linemen in the past two years with a limited number of scholarships. Did A&T sign any JUCO o-linemen??

MH, that was a stab at Hughes but hey, you are still living in the days of lying and cheating Coles.. Let's see what happens by year three of the Coe days. :D

Did A&T sign any JUCO o-linemen??

We don't need to. We sign first team all staters, Shrine Bowl starters, and rivals.com top 50 high school players. We grow them from the root up. That way, we can keep them around for 4 or 5 years, not just two. That is how you build a winning program--- with HS players, not JUCO bandaids.

You mentioned that in reference to Hughes. One year Hughes wanted o-linemen and signed NONE....he went and signed 8 a year late and a dollar short.

Then Hughes needed a kicker and he signed NONE!!! Then he found one a year later a dollar short and gave them to Bell.

Unknown,

Don't say a word because we know that your program has been built on cheating. Aside from that Bell has signed 5 o-linemen in the past two years with a limited number of scholarships. Did A&T sign any JUCO o-linemen??

Out of curiosity, what program would that be?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Y'all keep talking about everyone elses program, but the subject is YOUR program.

Everyone lost something they will need to replace, but when you look at how JSU did last year, and especially at what they lost (the all great and mighty kent and others) and the fact that your coach does not seem to want to change his philososphy AFTER a 2-10 season does not bode well.

He may be running a better program than Hughes did, but What do most Jacksonians want: A better ran program that goes 2-10 or 4-7 yearly or a fly-by-night that goes 7-4 or 8-3?

Bringing a SWAC title into this discussion is a moot point because that ain't happening for a while with SU, GSU, and the Bamas talent and coaching.

Originally posted by SU Jag 79
Bringing a SWAC title into this discussion is a moot point because that ain't happening for a while with SU, GSU, and the Bamas talent and coaching.

:confused:

:smh: Man, you wouldnt believe me if I had fire coming from my eyes when I told you.

Originally posted by SU Jag 79

He may be running a better program than Hughes did, but What do most Jacksonians want: A better ran program that goes 2-10 or 4-7 yearly or a fly-by-night that goes 7-4 or 8-3?

Neither ....and don't get yourself confused. Grambling, SU, and neither of the BAMA's are at a point where we can't beat them in 2004. We just finished 3 and 4 year runs on SU and AAMU.

We don't need to. We sign first team all staters, Shrine Bowl starters, and rivals.com top 50 high school players. We grow them from the root up. That way, we can keep them around for 4 or 5 years, not just two. That is how you build a winning program--- with HS players, not JUCO bandaids.

Then what's wrong with Bell recruiting 5 HS o-linemen in the past two years??

Because they were not first team all staters, Shrine Bowl starters, and rivals.com top 50 high school players. The O-linemen Bell recruited were just misfit and scrubs. There is a difference.

BTW; Bell only recruited 2 O-linemen this year. Based on their sizes, those guys will probabky have to redshirt a year just to bulk up. And that is coming off a season in which it was evident that his returning line all sucked. He should have done more to improve that situation. Since he didn't, JSU is doomed in 04.

Neither ....and don't get yourself confused. Grambling, SU, and neither of the BAMA's are at a point where we can't beat them in 2004. We just finished 3 and 4 year runs on SU and AAMU.
well damn!!!!

which is it TP, on one hand you'll start poor mouthing your team and say that Hughes will be the blame for 2004, then you'll turn around and suggest that you'll beat everybody in 2004.

btw, lmao@you for bragging on those "3 and 4 year runs" that Hughes (the one you hate) led you on.

TP,

S.U. has won 4 out of the last 7 championships. Jsu on the other hand has won 0 out of the last 7. There is a definite trend here. You have not beat S.U. when it counted. You all are hooked on comparing yourselves with S.U. and we are not your problem as it is internal. And who would have ever believed that an AAMU team would beat JSU senseless? Doesn't this send off an alarm that your program is rapidly moving southward? Are you looking at your home attendance compared to the norm? The fans and alums of jsu will not look at or take garbage. And you know this as well as I do. You all need to address this atrocious lack of championship trend that you're experiencing. Also, let's not act like AAMU & Bama St don't own the east. You must take one step at a time and that is reclaiming the eastern division. I don't see it happening any time soon with your personnel and coaching. Your A.D. is a cheap skate. You get what you pay for. And that is why you all put that subpar product on the field last year. Really, your current situation makes Robert Hughes look like a football guru. At least you all got a better "bang for your buck."

Originally posted by mighty hornet
well damn!!!!

which is it TP, on one hand you'll start poor mouthing your team and say that Hughes will be the blame for 2004, then you'll turn around and suggest that you'll beat everybody in 2004.

btw, lmao@you for bragging on those "3 and 4 year runs" that Hughes (the one you hate) led you on.

Well we also had other 3-4 year runs that Hughes led us on too. Also, beating sorry SU and AAMU teams don't count. Anyone could be them. And MH, yes we can beat everyone in 2004. No team in the SWAC is that great.

And MH, yes we can beat everyone in 2004. No team in the SWAC is that great.

TP,

S.U., Gram & Bama State are loaded. And AAMU is not far behind. You all are in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back