Film on JSU Recurits Haren(qb) and Vaka(Lb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Tigerpride
It would have been a good sign but we have better now...so carry on......

TP,

Those are remedial athlete playing against players that were not college material. I think that you are wrong about the direction your program is headed in. I am very dissapointed in what is going on in Jackson. Another weak program is not good for the conference.

JRock,

I can respectfully understand that a lot of you don't think Bell is a good head coach. That is an understatement to some but in terms of recruitment and expectation, Bell is way ahead of Hughes. Bell has not had a lot of money to work with becasue we have have very few seniors to graduate in the past two years to leave scholarship money available. However, the caliber of athlete that Bell has recruited this year and last are much better than what Hughes did. Bell's practice and on field expectations are also better. Remember that Hughes would neglect to recruit our needs (ie kicker, people for the secondary ect) until it was too late. All of the pieces are not yet there for Bell but I still maintain that is not entirely his fault.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JROCK
Another weak program is not good for the conference.

....and trust me, before we become classified as a weak program, Bell will be ran out of Jackson.

Losing 7 in a row, not winning a single home game, and that infamous running clock can be classified as signs of a weak program.

but of course, none of that was Bell's fault though.

JRock,

I can respectfully understand that a lot of you don't think Bell is a good head coach. That is an understatement to some but in terms of recruitment and expectation, Bell is way ahead of Hughes. Bell has not had a lot of money to work with becasue we have have very few seniors to graduate in the past two years to leave scholarship money available. However, the caliber of athlete that Bell has recruited this year and last are much better than what Hughes did. Bell's practice and on field expectations are also better. Remember that Hughes would neglect to recruit our needs (ie kicker, people for the secondary ect) until it was too late. All of the pieces are not yet there for Bell but I still maintain that is not entirely his fault.

I see Bell as an excuse maker. One thing Hughes believed in is the Jackson State tradition of winning if anything. This guy does not believe in HBCU's with excellence and am afraid that his attitude has been transferred to your athletes on the field of play. I see this as a make or break year for your program. One more season like last year and you all will only be able to get beat down JC transfer exclusively. I hate to see and say this but don't see you all being able to overtake AAMU or Bama State. You all are killing your home & SCG revenue. Good luck (except against your SUperior) because you all will need it.

mh,

One 2-10 season after nearly 20 years of consecutive winning seasons doesn't make a weak program.

Please don't mess up a good thread by smacking.

That shat was done at the beginning. Don't bring up who's smacking and who's not now.

And yes ...................... JSU LIVES FOR ALL YOU KNEECAP SUCKING FRONTRUNNERS APPROVAL. :emlaugh:

Originally posted by Robber
mh,

One 2-10 season after nearly 20 years of consecutive winning seasons doesn't make a weak program.
You're right, that's why I said those things are signs of a weak program.
How your season played out last year is all we have to go on with Bell. And I'm not just talking about the final scores either.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Losing 7 in a row, not winning a single home game, and that infamous running clock can be classified as signs of a weak program.

but of course, none of that was Bell's fault though.

Mighty Hornet,

Pete was 1-5 in 2002 before playing some weak schools and upsetting Gram with a beating. A&T was 4-8 in 2002. AlaState was dead last in 2002. TNState was 3-8 in 2002. One losing season in 18 years does not define a weak program. The thing that you all don't realize is that a lot gets said in the private forum that does not get said out here. If Bell does not win, he will be fired but you all have no CLUE what Hughes did to this program. JRock, you say Hughes believed in winning???!! Bull...he won but we won in spite of him. Even if Bell has another losing season and gets fired.. It would all be worth it because we got rid of Hughes. All we can do then is bring in someone else to try to rebuild what Hughes destroyed.

Originally posted by Robber
JRock,

Didn't you say you were disappointed in our program???

Yes, and you were being facetious. I am not the only person (including Jacksonians) that have this perspective. I would be willing to bet that more Jacksonians have given this guy a vote of no conference than an endorsement. One thing you all do know is football. Unless Bell changes his philosophy and surround himself with better people your program is headed south. I hate to see one of the best programs in 1-AA as well as the SWAC head southward. Maybe Hughes was not the man. But, I would be willing to bet good money that he would not have gone 2-10 with the same personnel. Normally when one make a change, the intent is for the better. You don't hire a no experience collegiate head coach for a program like jsu. That was a waste of money. You all are losing way more money thay you are paying this guy. You get what you pay for. Hence, you should have paid a good coach to go in their and be Jackson State. Some of these administrators at your school have take your program for granted. Bell is not the only one that should be given a one way ticket out of jackson.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Get Ready
He is disappointed in our program? Didnt SUhave 3 losing seasons in a row?

Pete has never had a losing season. And this is not about S.U. It is about a rookie inexperience head coach trying to run the ball without the personnel and not winning 1 home game. And also, asking a conference foe to run the clock out in a conference game. Shish......you all should not be so defensive.

Pete has never had a losing season.

But in 2002, he could have had it not been for that sorry schedule.

I don't know if Hughes would have gone 2-10 but he would not have won the SWAC and this is why.... Hughes never played that many good teams in one year and he still only managed to go 7-4. He would always get lucky and when Gram got good, SU became sorry. Hughes also got to play 2-9 and 3-8 TNState teams. Hughes never beat a TNState team with a winning record.

Hughes hardly ever beat good teams....The ABSOLUTE best, he would have done last year would have been 7-5 but I don't think he would have done that well.

Originally posted by jstate83
That shat was done at the beginning. Don't bring up who's smacking and who's not now.

And yes ...................... JSU LIVES FOR ALL YOU KNEECAP SUCKING FRONTRUNNERS APPROVAL. :emlaugh:

You post out of pain. I really feel your frustration though. I am not asking for your "approval," but rather just making an observation. Do you realize that jsu was the laughing stock of BCF this year? Do you realize your local radio stations were playing songs making a mockery of your head coach and football program. Don't get mad a jrock as it is counterproductive. Put the heat on your administrators. Otherwise you all will continue on the mediocre path.

But in 2002, he could have had it not been for that sorry schedule.

I don't know if Hughes would have gone 2-10 but he would not have won the SWAC and this is why.... Hughes never played that many good teams in one year and he still only managed to go 7-4. He would always get lucky and when Gram got good, SU became sorry. Hughes also got to play 2-9 and 3-8 TNState teams. Hughes never beat a TNState team with a winning record.

Hughes hardly ever beat good teams....The ABSOLUTE best, he would have done last year would have been 7-5 but I don't think he would have done that well.

In 2002 S.U. Open the season with a d-1a bowl (Tulane)team and a top 15 1-AA ball club (NWST). We missed the SCG by 1 game. You all on the other hand were seconds away from having a winless season. You guys really need to stop defending weakness. That school pride thing can be terrible. I hope you all are working from within to correct the problems and just putting on a strong front in public. You all have issues down there.

Actually J-Rock, Culberson did what most of us wanted. We wanted a man from the outside. We just had no idea that it would be one with questionable credentials. However, if we had it all to do over again, I would certainly not turn my nose up at someone who has 20 years of coaching at the 1-AA level. I would just make sure that he came from better programs.

In 2002 S.U. Open the season with a d-1a bowl (Tulane)team and a top 15 1-AA ball club (NWST). We missed the SCG by 1 game. You all on the otherhand were seconds away from having a winless season. You guys really need to stop defending weaknes. That school pride thing can be terrible. I hope you all are working from within to correct the problems and just putting on a strong front in public. You all have issues down there.

We are working to make Bell successful. Isn't that what we should be doing?? Hughes had to go!!!

Didnt Pete have to schedule Morris Brown and Miles just to go 6-5 instead of 5-6. I call that a losing season.

Didnt Pete have to schedule Morris Brown and Miles just to go 6-5 instead of 5-6. I call that a losing season.

I heard that they cheated Miles......:rolleyes:

Do you realize that jsu was the laughing stock of BCF this year? Do you realize your local radio stations were playing songs making a mockery of your head coach and football program. Don't get mad a jrock as it is counterproductive. Put the heat on your administrators. Otherwise you all will continue on the mediocre path.

Ah ............ Don't you realize that suCK's is the laughing stock of the nation with that collehill award winner.

Don't you know the local radio stations have always catered to JSU --------- GOOD or BAD. If you get more L's than W's here, people notice. I know you wouldn't understand with LSU blocking out the sunlight over MUDFORD.

JROCK ................ people don't get mad at you. They just read your post only to be left in a state of confusing headache's.:goof:

Pointing the fingers at the dean of all SWAC coaches will not rectify your problems. Pete has 5 SWAC titles and 3 BCFNC under his belt in addition to winning around 80% of his conference games. This is what leads me to believe that your adminstrators have taken your football program for granted. Why would they hire an inexperience head coach to face the likes of Doug Williams & Pete Richardson is way beyond my comprehension level. Really, it is these type of managment decisions that give many HBCU's a black eye. I am very pleased that S.U. was able to give Morris Brown a little pay day considering there needs. Also, very pleased that a Southernite (head coach) led Miles into Mumford. But all of this is a moot point. JSU one of the most storied programs in BCF is in trouble. You all should not take a position of "the crab in the barrell" syndrome. But rather work with your alumni federation to right this horrendous wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back