Film on JSU Recurits Haren(qb) and Vaka(Lb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me if I may! :p But what I gathered from both objective points provided The Bama's & the Southernese :rolleyes: on this thread, it seems as if no one actually understands what we JSU alumns have and already know!

Bluedog & J-Rock,
last year when Southern experienced it's debacle, what did all of you blame the losses on? :idea: If I'm not mistaken, it was all due to injuries! Right! Your savior, Pete the almighty, the "so called best black college football coach" had indeed reached a new all-time low last season! :emlaugh:

You barely got by Valley & Pinebluff & Miles! :rolleyes: I would call them moral victories, wouldn't you? :lol: On the contrary, all of a sudden it's a big deal now that J-State experienced a down year! :smh: You were quick to blame your losses on injuries, but yall act as if we can't either! :redhot:

But not only did we have several injuries, but we had to deal with the outside interference from past coaches and players who were not going to buy into the system! We no longer have to deal with that anyomore, however! No one expected you all to have the season that yall did this year after what happened last year, so why is it impossible for us to have the same turnaround!

Mike & Alum,
yall really have no clue! :smh: I get so tired of yall tring to evaluate what we have compared to yall, but yet yall only have 1 win against us! :rolleyes: Not to mention, no trophies in the trophy case! Why so much hate? :lol:

Just a season ago, yall were claiming to be the best in the east, only to come to Jackson and get the arse smacked for the upteenth time! But still, here we are on the same argument, thread after thread, about

:idea: Who our recruits are?
:idea: How many games we will win?
:idea: Why Bell should be gone?
:idea: What will we do about Bell?

Can we all just agree on these point?

Yes, Hughes has been a part of the destruction of our program...he neglected it and and let the players do what they wanted.....

Yes, Hughes needed to be fired so we could have a change of face and rebuild a new foundation! :(

Yes, Bell is a rookie coach who was going to make rookie mistakes.....Can I live with that? Yes, I can!

Yes, Bell will get better and, yes, the team will be better this year!

Yes, I can live with Bell as the headcoach b/c he has the program headed in the right direction despite what many of you may think!

Coldsweat,

Don't get on here and tell the truth. You know that has no place on Smackboard Two.

Everything that other programs have done in tewrms of improvement is impossible in Jackson.

Originally posted by coldsweat
Excuse me if I may! :p But what I gathered from both objective points provided The Bama's & the Southernese :rolleyes: on this thread, it seems as if no one actually understands what we JSU alumns have and already know!

Bluedog & J-Rock,
last year when Southern experienced it's debacle, what did all of you blame the losses on? :idea: If I'm not mistaken, it was all due to injuries! Right! Your savior, Pete the almighty, the "so called best black college football coach" had indeed reached a new all-time low last season! :emlaugh:

You barely got by Valley & Pinebluff & Miles! :rolleyes: I would call them moral victories, wouldn't you? :lol: On the contrary, all of a sudden it's a big deal now that J-State experienced a down year! :smh: You were quick to blame your losses on injuries, but yall act as if we can't either! :redhot:

But not only did we have several injuries, but we had to deal with the outside interference from past coaches and players who were not going to buy into the system! We no longer have to deal with that anyomore, however! No one expected you all to have the season that yall did this year after what happened last year, so why is it impossible for us to have the same turnaround!

Mike & Alum,
yall really have no clue! :smh: I get so tired of yall tring to evaluate what we have compared to yall, but yet yall only have 1 win against us! :rolleyes: Not to mention, no trophies in the trophy case! Why so much hate? :lol:

Just a season ago, yall were claiming to be the best in the east, only to come to Jackson and get the arse smacked for the upteenth time! But still, here we are on the same argument, thread after thread, about

:idea: Who our recruits are?
:idea: How many games we will win?
:idea: Why Bell should be gone?
:idea: What will we do about Bell?

Can we all just agree on these point?

Yes, Hughes has been a part of the destruction of our program...he neglected it and and let the players do what they wanted.....

Yes, Hughes needed to be fired so we could have a change of face and rebuild a new foundation! :(

Yes, Bell is a rookie coach who was going to make rookie mistakes.....Can I live with that? Yes, I can!

Yes, Bell will get better and, yes, the team will be better this year!

Yes, I can live with Bell as the headcoach b/c he has the program headed in the right direction despite what many of you may think!

All I can say is that TP, coldsweat, and some of the mafia has faith in their coach. I really don't like the idea of getting rid of a coach that hasn't had a chance to prove himself just yet. :shame: It took us a while before we had to get use to the multiset offense that Doug implemented at Gram. He had to find the right personnel to make it very successful.

Mike & Alum,

The rantings of a truly lost soul!

I simply asked tarzan-pride if he could see the idiocy of his posts, blaming Hughes for the 2003 season, and PLANNING on blaming him for the 2004 and 2005 seasons as well. If you can't see that, then count yourself as having the same mental capacity as he...and trust me, that's not a compliment!

As far as hate? What is this new paranoia you nsm folks have that folks hate you? You're not worth hating. Seeing as how your more seasoned posters have lurked in waiting for a post about AAMU to pounce on over the past four or five years, I suppose we could make the same claim.

Originally posted by AAMU Alum

As far as hate? What is this new paranoia you nsm folks have that folks hate you? You're not worth hating.

I wouldn't say hate......it's more like an obsession for some folks.:nod:

Originally posted by EyEoFtHeTiGeR
He had to find the right personnel to make it very successful.

Yes, I remember those Doug offenses that sucked. However, people on here only think about last year.

Originally posted by EyEoFtHeTiGeR
All I can say is that TP, coldsweat, and some of the mafia has faith in their coach. I really don't like the idea of getting rid of a coach that hasn't had a chance to prove himself just yet. :shame: It took us a while before we had to get use to the multiset offense that Doug implemented at Gram. He had to find the right personnel to make it very successful.

Thank you Eyeofthetiger. Everyone seems to have a problem with the fact that we actually support our coach and believe he's taking the right steps to get the program back in the right direction. We just have to be putting on a front for the sake of an open forum. There's just no way that we who've seen what's gone on behind the scenes could possibly take an objective view of James Bell, let alone give him a chance to prove himself on level ground.

Look folks, smack board or no, the one thing I don't do on this forum is make posts based upon falsehoods. If I had any substantial objections to James Bell, I'd be raising hell no matter who was reading.

There are many of us who've decide to give Bell at least a 2nd year to prove his mettle. Get over it.

Originally posted by JROCK
. To get back to the top (where S.U., GSU Bama St & AAMU can be found) you all must take one step at the time. The first step is killing the cancer within. I will not give you all anymore valuable advise.

Trust me when I say that we don't want to be where SU, Gram or the Bama's are.

...and actually what Bell did was masterful. He implemented his system and suffered one year so that he can run right through you all from now on. He could to recruits and not only tell them but show them exactly what he wanted them to do on the field.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Yes, I remember those Doug offenses that sucked. However, people on here only think about last year.

I didn't say anything about your offense but.....:D

...and actually what Bell did was masterful.

I would truly like to meet others of you who actually believe that. From a distance, of course, perhaps with a barbed wire fence to separate us.

..and actually what Bell did was masterful
see, it's when you say mess like that, folks take you for a joke. Cause NO way would you call the disaster of a season JSU had some "masterful" work?

No way!!!!!

and actually what Bell did was masterful. He implemented his system and suffered one year so that he can run right through you all from now on.

That is totally false. He tried to install his system in the beginning but once it did not work and everyone criticized and second guessed him, he relented and started letting Kent sling the ball all over the place. By the end of the year Bell just gave up trying and the result was that organized confusion you called an offense.

Bell is basically back at square one this year. He still has to convince his players to buy into his system. Obviously there remains many doubters on the team.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
see, it's when you say mess like that, folks take you for a joke. Cause NO way would you call the disaster of a season JSU had some "masterful" work?

No way!!!!!

I gave my reasoning and it had nothing to do with this past season...

I gave my reasoning and it had nothing to do with this past season...

What else could you have been referring to but this past season? Bell wasn't at jsu before this past season, was he? Please, I beg of you....STOP! You are getting worse with each post! Some of the foolishness you've posted has been taken for a joke, but you are teetering on the edge of a real mental breakdown here! I beseech of you....GET SOME HELP!

And this is not smack! For any of you muffins, certainly you can see that your cohort has a serious neurological disorder. I do hope none of you are encouraging him.

:smh:

The rantings of a truly lost soul!

I simply asked tarzan-pride if he could see the idiocy of his posts, blaming Hughes for the 2003 season, and PLANNING on blaming him for the 2004 and 2005 seasons as well. If you can't see that, then count yourself as having the same mental capacity as he...and trust me, that's not a compliment!

As far as hate? What is this new paranoia you nsm folks have that folks hate you? You're not worth hating. Seeing as how your more seasoned posters have lurked in waiting for a post about AAMU to pounce on over the past four or five years, I suppose we could make the same claim.

:idea: Now what school did you say you attended again! :confused:

You mean to tell me that yall don't hate JSU! :goof: For real......... :eek:

And BTW, please tell me why it is so wrong to put a portion of the blame on Hughes for the way this past season went! :look:

Hell, we were left with the decaying and piss-po players Hughes left us with and recruited,

:idea: we were left with numerous players who didn't have a decent work ethic and were complacent!

:idea: we had to deal with Hughes staying around the program posioning the minds of the current players who stayed on the team :redhot:

:idea: we had to deal with the mindset of the players who still wanted Hughes as their coach, and did not hustle or show any desire to understand what Bell wanted to implement!

:idea: we had to deal with the likes of some of you people who think you know everything about JSU football! :smh: :lol:

The only person that has stated a logical post was Eye of the Tiger! The rest of you, J-Rock, Bluedog, Mike, Alum, yall really have no clue! :smh:

That's not intended for SMACK per say, but it's the truth! How yall come up with these insane and idotic posts, baffles me. :confused:

It takes time to build a program especially when one has been neglected as long as JSU has. Now all it takes is a person who is going to have the grits, endurance, and mindset, not to mention, be able to effectively get the community, alumni, and instutitional support to make JSU the program it was in the 80's! :cool:

Do I think Bell is the person? Maybe, maybe not! Time will tell. But he has shown me that he has the professionalism, sense, and mindset, but also perservance to deal with the coons of the swac especially if you consider everything he had to face this season! To me, that's The TEST OF A MAN!

:idea: Why is it that a topic/thread that involves JSU ends up 5 pages long? :confused: And yall have the nerve to say yall don't hate us! :smh: :lol:

Mighty Hornet send help!

And this is not smack! For any of you muffins, certainly you can see that your cohort has a serious neurological disorder. I do hope none of you are encouraging him.

:smh:

See you used to ask me to find just ONE other person who supported Bell....LOL

There are others....wait until the summer. The Mafia shall rise.. Don't get mad now... We know things that you don't and before you know it, it will be to late. What I find most amazing is how the worst offense in 2002 (AAMU) can try to say that a team can't make a turnaround. You all are not far past mediocrity yourself yet you got bluedog and JRock hyping ya'll up like you run it since you beat a 2-10 team...

:idea: Now what school did you say you attended again! :confused:

You mean to tell me that yall don't hate JSU! :goof: For real......... :eek:

[/I]

Because I told you how foolish that tarzan's (and now, yours as well,) plan to blame the lack of success that you are obviously anticipating, on a coach you fired over a year ago? You take that as hate for jsu?

Whatever the doctors prescribe for tp, tell them to save some for you!

Oh well MH, it seems that I am not the only one that knows that Hughes deserves some blame for this past season...kekekekekekeke

I will find a rock for you to hide under...LOL

See you used to ask me to find just ONE other person who supported Bell....LOL

There are others....wait until the summer.

There will be butterflies, honeybees and green lawns to be mowed weekly in the summer too! But none of that exists now. That having been said...what in hell does your post mean?

Bluedog & J-Rock,
last year when Southern experienced it's debacle, what did all of you blame the losses on? :idea: If I'm not mistaken, it was all due to injuries! Right!

And what happen when pete said everybody was healthy? Do you remember?Let's see where Jsu poster's mention any concerns about injury.

Tp:Bell is your worst nightmare, MH. The sad thing is that you all have no clue what you are talking about. Also, whether we win this year or not, this change was needed. I think we are about to see some great things at JSU. We believe in Bell and whether you all believe it or not, so do his players. The only change he is making is lowering the number of passes, increasing the running game, working more on special teams, and adding speed and height to the defense. That sounds like football to me.You guys act like having a balanced offense is a new concept. Before our o-line broke down in 2000, Shannon ran two wideouts, a TE, tailback and a fullback in most of his sets. We ran that in 1999 and sent Morris to the NFL. We won SWAC titles in 95 and 96 with that offense. You all are acting like this is something new to JSU. We had our best seasons running a balanced offense. We have had some of our worst going 4-5 wide. A balanced offense is going to destroy the sorry DC's in the SWAC. You all just don't know how stupid you sound. ONLY the WR's are going to be upset with this. How do you think our RB's felt when Asberry made them secondary to the receivers. Look at what is happening to Grambling...read their thread on the game and note how sooooo many people are saying that they need a balanced offense. Yet when JSU does just that, Bell is stupid. Bell just don't give a dayum about what you Coons's think. He knows football and will revolutionize coaching in the SWAC.
8/03
TP:Though some of the responses thus far have been ignorant, it is a good question from my frat. The problem with our program is that Hughes and Asberry destroyed it. Had they remained, I am not so sure if we would be better than 0-3 or not because they always had poor special teams and too many turnovers. Those things are still haunting JSU right now. What Bell is doing is almost like a deprograming/re-programming pledge period. What is happening right now is only a reflection of what Hughes and company did to our program once Big Daddy and Shannon left. Shannon should have been promoted to HC but black people are to racist to do the right thing sometimes.

Whether Bell is the right coach for this team or not still remains to be seen. Regardless of what is happening right now, we had to get rid of Hughes. Bell is simply doing things a different way. Hughes got away with wins over sorry SU and TNState teams and had winning seasons based on luck and the arm of Kent. You see what happens when our o-line has to actually block and develop plays. Hughes has set us back.

HBCUs:

That's exactly what I took from Saturday night's game.

We simply don't have the talent in the trenches where it counts. Our O-line is pathetic. We can't run block or pass block. Our D-line can't move laterally to save it's life. The bottom is falling out of the program from a personnel standpoint, and the fact that we only have 12 seniors on the team means we won't be able to quickly recruit our way out of this mess. But that's what happens when you stand pat and get complacent with 7-4 finishes against suspect competition.

Our "talent" pales in comparison to what we had just 4 years ago, and that's precisely why I blame Hughes for the state of this program. Bell has made some mistakes from a game management and playcalling standpoint (just as previous coaches made mistakes in those areas), but the difference between then and now is that we don't have horses to mask/ overcome those mistakes.

BTW, If any of you Hughes-lovers ever saw a Hughes-run practice and compared it to a Bell-run practice, there's no way in hell you'd have a favorable view of the man. But then again, I guess if my team whipped Hughes' azz every year I suppose I'd find a way to defend him and give him a as well.
JSU/99:I'm cosigning to everything coldsweat posted.

For MH and the others who defend Hughes, consider this:
If a program is neglected for 4 years, with even the basic things needed to keep us competitive being overlooked, what do you expect to happen? What you're seeing from a lot of Bell bashers is denial. Denial because they thought Hughes was just a bad coach, period. But Hughes was more than just bad on gameday. He failed to instill dicipline and fundamentals in these players, failed to encourage and implement any off-season work-outs, failed to encourage film study and basically created a lazze faire type atmosphere around the program. As a result, a lot of players brought in during his tenure haven't improved much since highschool, except maybe get bigger(not stronger). The only reason we've won the past 3 years is because of the skill players recruited in the Shannon/Carson and the sorry HBCU schedule we play. But that wasn't going to last forever. Eventually, you're gonna face the consequences of not taking care of business. That's what's happening now.

As for Bell, he needs to work on game management and play calling, both of which are improving week to week. But he's doing an admirable job under very trying circumstances. And he's implementing an overall plan of progress for the football team, instead of going day by day, year by year. Right now he's having to do some things that will make him unpopular in the short run, but successful in the long run.
TAYLOR-MADE'90:We can sit here and toss around names, trying to blame whomever for our season so far....

But the simple truth is; we aren't a good team right now. We aren't playing up to the level that we're accustomed to. It's not Hughes fault, anymore than it's Bell's fault. Because when it all said and done, and when the ball is snapped, neither Bell or Hughes is out there playing.

If a block was missed, then that kid fugged up.
If a ball was dropped/not caught (when it was clearly catchable), then that kid fugged up.
If a coverage was blown and the the DB or safety got beat, than that kid fugged up.
If the field goal attempt doesn't get 'up' enough to clear the line (and gets blocked), the the kicked fugged up.
If the QB drops the ball, when pulling away from the center, then the QB fugged up....
If the OL doesn't block ANYBODY, even allowing the back-judge to run into the backfield, then all five of them (the OL) fugged up.

Right now, we just have some fugg-ups... We have to keep working and get better. That's it, nothing else.....

'Cause if we don't beat ourselves, we win. Unless or until we get outplayed or outcoached....

Now argue with that if ya wanna, but that's all it is......
JSU/99:
quote:

Originally posted by enswaclopedia
When will you Jacksonians realize that you don't have the talent you think you have. I know it's hard to let go of that reputation of reloading and not rebuilding, but you need to face the fact that some of us have caught and passed you as far as talent is concerned. I haven't seen any of the other teams in the SWAC yet, but after looking at you guys last week I do think there is hope. I for one think you had the better team. You guys just ran up against Murphy's Law in the first half and could never recover. Bell seemed to open the offense up but the rain killed that. Rain can make a good team bad and a bad team respectable. Let's face it you aren't as good as you use to be and the rest of us are a lot better than we use to be.

That pretty sums it up. Bell is still making rookie coaching mistakes with a team that really can't afford to cover them. This isn't like 1999, when the team could win despite the coach. If there's a strike against Bell, its that he isn't experienced enough yet. But thta doesn't mean he can't be a great coach someday. Just not yet.
Blacknbengal:Originally posted by H
If Bell were coaching the NE Patriots, at this point they would be 0-3. Bell may make a good O or D Coordinator, but he is definitely not a HC.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Just because he was a coordinator and around HCs does not mean that he's a HC. Take a look at Hughes, how long was he washing Big Daddy's jocks? Did he learn anything from Big Daddy?
coldsweat:you people must 1st learn to understand the concept of what football really means! in the swac, i'm sorry to say, football is just pure entertainment. i don't think you could go to any conference in the ncaa and see majority of the teams spread the field every snap like you do in the swac. that's not football people! and as far as bell goes as being a coach....

the bottom line is the dude has more organizational skills than any other coach in the swac. he wants to take to the program to a different level, but can't right now, because of people like yall who think a change has to come over night. --that's virtually impossible. j-state has never been able to utilize that talent we had on the field for the past 4 years. that's why we never won a swac championship. doug williams from grambling quoted to a reporter after practice one day that "if i had j-state's talent, i'd be undefeated."

that quote goes a long way, but it also shows you how disgusted we are as true fans that our program has still yet to achieve it's full potential even though we are hated by virutally every team in the swac! every team in the swac is gunning for us! and yall know i aint lying. for instance, take a look at all the threads on the smack board. every line, every smack, eventually is directed toward j-state. every team in the swac would be quite complacent with just a win over j-state. you could loose every game of the season, but as long as you beat j-state! (why do you think that is?)........

the program will eventually rise to the top. the players will eventually give in to a new concept, and coaching philosophy. fundamentals will eventually get better. blocking, (oohhh my god!! will eventually get better!) it has no choice! just know this! even with all the hoop la about coach bell and the program, i promise you, we will win the swac!

coaching makes a big difference on any level in football. sometimes it takes time to put things in place and make them click all at once. when that does happen, the teams in the swac better look out! my vision of the program is not just to be complacent in the swac, but to get to the next level. this is not fooball we play in the swac. i'm sorry! that was made ever clear when grambling played san jose state on national t.v. how is it that even with that wide open offense grambling has, it was still not able to put points on the board against a school with basically the same talent as them. (

you people must understand that a change must come. any school with lesser talent but with great fundamentals and defensive and offensive organization can beat any team with more talent. (hence valley state and delta state university!) open your eyes please people. stop worrying about j-state and where the program is headed. believe me when i say, we will be okay. "there's always a price you have to pay to be great." nothing good ever comes easy. you have to work hard and diligently to get the perfect results you desire. patience my people, patience!!
coldsweat:I, for one agree with everything you have said thus far "tiger 99." But it seems as it most people on this thread are too close-minded to acutally understand the transition period that J-state is going through. It's as if most of you all have that "think-in-a-box syndrome" rather than thinking outside the box! I wish you all would just listen for a minute and actually analyze everything that you have seen thus far before going over the edge with some of these ridiculous comments.

As I said earlier in one of my posts regarding swac competition and football, "this is not fooball we play in the swac." I mean, c'mon, any one of you please tell what other conference do you know of that has every team in each division to play a spread offense at least 60% of the entire game. In this conference, we have average players with a few bright ones here and there! We have HC's who think they have to go to 4 wide sets in order to win football games! Fundamentals suck Facilities suck Coaching sucks But more importantly, most of the players suck!!
coldsweat:by the way d-nice, i said the players have been "tarnished under the Hughes ers." this is the reason why they haven't adjusted. this team is not a team of one simply b/c the players and HC are not on the same level. we you have a situation of this caliber, there is always going to be problems. we have a team of indivuduals right now blaming each other and a HC for problems that they had for 4 years but never realized it! now that the problems has been resurfaced, they can't accept it. they are in denial!!! they weren't at first b/c they were winning last year but just by pure talent!!! most of that talent is gone, so now we are left with just a handfull of above average players! go figure.....
9/03

There will be butterflies, honeybees and green lawns to be mowed weekly in the summer too! But none of that exists now. That having been said...what in hell does your post mean?

It means that you have no clue about what is going on in Jackson.

Bluedog,

It ain't that serious....I won't even read all of that...but from what I did read, it appears that the JSU faithful complained about the reasons that Hughes was fired:

1. He was a poor recruiter
2. He taught the kids nothing

Add that to the injuries (which Bell could do nothing about) and you have where JSU was in 2003.

Because I told you how foolish that tarzan's (and now, yours as well,) plan to blame the lack of success that you are obviously anticipating, on a coach you fired over a year ago? You take that as hate for jsu?

Whatever the doctors prescribe for tp, tell them to save some for you!

Once again, you have no clue dude! :smh:

Let's see......... Please be honest when you reply back! :rolleyes:

what if your AD fired your Coach this month, and brought in an outsider ---a person not of Annie-Maeian blood! :lol:

the so-called "committe on finding a coach" was all a hoop-la b/c the AD knew who he wanted for head coach the whole damn time!

The Coach starts spring practice but he still has to deal with the old coach who is of Annie-Maeian blood :lol: posioning the minds of the players who remained on the team!

Now your coach, has all the pressure of winning and obtaining a better recored than his predeccesor but he doesn't have the support of the alumni, or the players b/c he is an outsider! :smh:

The coach tries to implement is offensive and defensive philosophy but players start to half-ass, and not buy into the system! :smh:

The media has a field day on the coach and all hell breaks loose! Coach looses composure and finally let's some steam off by not communicating with the media!

You loose severl key starters--9 or so in the first 4 games to season ending injuries! :eek:

No team moral, no alumni support, no community support, and the media brings up everything negative about your coach!

To Alum, J-Rock, MH, Mike, Bluedog, and the rest of you who seem to dangle on the nutz of JSU.......Please tell me what would be the outcome of your season? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back