Do you Know anyone who ever denounced their letters?

Man, those Church of Christ people are crazy. When they started saying that they were the only ones that were going to heaven and everyone else were going to hell, I dipped.

You must've went to the CoC church in Jackson near Jackson State. :lol:
I went once, because a high school classmate invited me. They made me feel like I was going to hell...

I went once, because a high school classmate invited me. They made me feel like I was going to hell...

Yep. My ex was a member of that church. I had endless discussions/debates with her Pastor/Brother over the Word and their interpretation. That dude got so angry with me, because I was "whippin" him with the Word that he just flat out told me that I was going to hell and to get out of his office. He threw me out and didnt want to talk to me anymore. I was surprised, cause I thought they were suppose to be able to "convert" those who was "weak-minded". I guess after I started "enlighten" him with the Word, he just couldnt handle that two-edge sword. :noidea:

Yep. My ex was a member of that church. I had endless discussions/debates with her Pastor/Brother over the Word and their interpretation. That dude got so angry with me, because I was "whippin" him with the Word that he just flat out told me that I was going to hell and to get out of his office. He threw me out and didnt want to talk to me anymore. I was surprised, cause I thought they were suppose to be able to "convert" those who was "weak-minded". I guess after I started "enlighten" him with the Word, he just couldnt handle that two-edge sword. :noidea:

Wow! :lol:
Yeah, those folks were tripping.

Man, I was at this Pentecostal church one day with a friend and they started just badmouthing other denominations. Then they had a prophet speaking and congregation members were throwing money at her feet (they were literally making it rain in the church). At the end of the service, they called everyone up front for prayer and the lady was touching people on the head during the prayer, they were passing out. I slowly moved further and further away as she came through the line. :scared: I told my friend, that I was never coming back.

Man, I was at this Pentecostal church one day with a friend and they started just badmouthing other denominations. Then they had a prophet speaking and congregation members were throwing money at her feet (they were literally making it rain in the church). At the end of the service, they called everyone up front for prayer and the lady was touching people on the head during the prayer, they were passing out. I slowly moved further and further away as she came through the line. :scared: I told my friend, that I was never coming back.

What was the name of the church?

Wow! :lol:
Yeah, those folks were tripping.

Yes, they are. Then when my ex moved here and found a CofC here, LOL, it got worse. She invited me to this "Seminar" that they had at their church for "married people". LOL!!!!!!!! The teacher/brother started talking about how they dont believe in the Holy Spirit and that the only ones that had the Holy Spirit was the apostles and when they died, the Spirit left with them. Well, once again I started to "enlighten" them about the Holy Spirit and how HE stills work today and hasnt went anywhere. Well, let's just say by the end of the "seminar" that the teacher/brother was upset and telling me to be quiet, the members were asking questions that he couldnt answer, and they were inquiring to me about the Holy Spirit and other things he denounced that he had no clue about. I think I could have held my own "Seminar", because there were alot of confused people that wanted answers.

What was the name of the church?

Don't remember. It is in Annapolis, MD and they hold service inside a hotel meeting room. I done been to three pentecostal churches but this one was the strangest. Also, the preacher was a little to feminine for my liking.

Yes, they are. Then when my ex moved here and found a CofC here, LOL, it got worse. She invited me to this "Seminar" that they had at their church for "married people". LOL!!!!!!!! The teacher/brother started talking about how they dont believe in the Holy Spirit and that the only ones that had the Holy Spirit was the apostles and when they died, the Spirit left with them. Well, once again I started to "enlighten" them about the Holy Spirit and how HE stills work today and hasnt went anywhere. Well, let's just say by the end of the "seminar" that the teacher/brother was upset and telling me to be quiet, the members were asking questions that he couldnt answer, and they were inquiring to me about the Holy Spirit and other things he denounced that he had no clue about. I think I could have held my own "Seminar", because there were alot of confused people that wanted answers.

:lol:

:lol:

It's because of stuff like this is why I don't get wrapped up too tight into "religion" or "denomination." I have to know God for myself.

When I attend a church and this goes on......I leave........how can one denomination have a monopoly on the word?:retard:

Once, I said at a Baptist Prayer Meeting that I didn't believe shacking was a sin, it was the stuff that you did while shacking that was wrong and if two people lived together without sex, they were fine.

I almost got ran out the church....:lol: Every Wednesday after that, them old women would bring it up.

Once, I said at a Baptist Prayer Meeting that I didn't believe shacking was a sin, it was the stuff that you did while shacking that was wrong and if two people lived together without sex, they were fine.

I almost got ran out the church....:lol: Every Wednesday after that, them old women would bring it up.

:lol::lol::lol:

I bet those were the "Mothers" of the church too. :lol:

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with shacking. But that's just me. And I'm Pentecostal, where it's frowned upon badly.

:confused: What truth?

The truth where they believe all of us non-believers are going to hell but they are going to heaven. lol

Sounds like your seminar session was like a few confrontations I had w/ "brother passa." :) Sometimes during service, he'd speak of a "big fish" he was looking to reel into the fold while staring @ me w/out blinking. That some-batch was talking directly to me. I'd leave the church telling the ex- he just wanted to REEL in my corporate salary because they were expanding their physical church to incorporate a new school and both daughters were attending the white folx private school. lol :emlaugh:

I became overly leary when the ex- answered a questionaire pertaining to spouse's profession and educational level. :read: She was too damned dumb to see that those folx were literally running their stuff like a business complete w/ budgets and they were actually targeting those & their salaries who were not of their ilk, like moi.

The truth where they believe all of us non-believers are going to hell but they are going to heaven. lol

Sounds like your seminar session was like a few confrontations I had w/ "brother passa." :) Sometimes during service, he'd speak of a "big fish" he was looking to reel into the fold while staring @ me w/out blinking. That some-batch was talking directly to me. I'd leave the church telling the ex- he just wanted to REEL in my corporate salary because they were expanding their physical church to incorporate a new school and both daughters were attending the white folx private school. lol :emlaugh:

I became overly leary when the ex- answered a questionaire pertaining to spouse's profession and educational level. :read: She was too damned dumb to see that those folx were literally running their stuff like a business complete w/ budgets and they were actually targeting those & their salaries who were not of their ilk, like moi.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If it don't make $$$$ it don't make Since!!!!

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with shacking. But that's just me. And I'm Pentecostal, where it's frowned upon badly.

Crit,
they might have thrown you out of there like they tried to do me lol. They told me that shacking was against the bylaws of the church and I needed to to let them know if I was or not. I told them that if we go by the bylaws then we can all walk out now, including the pastor. :lol:

Crit,
they might have thrown you out of there like they tried to do me lol. They told me that shacking was against the bylaws of the church and I needed to to let them know if I was or not. I told them that if we go by the bylaws then we can all walk out now, including the pastor. :lol:

Bylaws of the church? So it's a man-made law.
That's why we gotta know God for ourselves. I'm not saying that God is pro-shacking, but I do think it's better to be spiritual (God-led) than to be religious. Man has a way of stretching the truth/God's Word and making it fit to his/her own benefit.

Back