Do you Know anyone who ever denounced their letters?

8 to 5

I saw this one Facebook the other day in this guys status.

"For those who are wondering, i am no longer a member of (insert organization here)....the illuminati is real and i can't serve two gods, only the true and living God"

You know anyone..who said they would no longer be apart of their frat or sorority? What was their reason?

I know a guy who is a Kappa that did this. He became a Jehovah Witness and said it was against his religion to be apart of or affiliate with any type of organization. Those Jehovah's are weird any way.

I know a guy who is a Kappa that did this. He became a Jehovah Witness and said it was against his religion to be apart of or affiliate with any type of organization. Those Jehovah's are weird any way.

Yes most fo them are!! LMAO

I know of noone personally that has denounced his/her letters...

I saw this one Facebook the other day in this guys status.

"For those who are wondering, i am no longer a member of (insert organization here)....the illuminati is real and i can't serve two gods, only the true and living God"

You know anyone..who said they would no longer be apart of their frat or sorority? What was their reason?

I know a few folks. Also, I know a cat right now from the yard who tried to pledge an organization, didn't make it and spent a year leading a facebook crusade against Greeks. This dude hit me up one day asking me if I was ready to denounce my letters. :shame:

I know a few folks. Also, I know a cat right now from the yard who tried to pledge an organization, didn't make it and spent a year leading a facebook crusade against Greeks. This dude hit me up one day asking me if I was ready to denounce my letters. :shame:

Sarge?

Don't know anyone that has renounced their letters. I do know a guy who didn't acknowledge his letter for a good while, until the frat on the campus learned of his membership. He pledged undergrad at a school. He was in a grad school when found out. Dues were current, but he didn't say a word to one living soul.

I don't know anyone that has denounced their letters. I know a lady that told me she is not active financially and does not see herself being active in the near future. She bascially said her work and family life won't allow her to be active.

Yeah I know of a Few....... Their reasons are Religious....Based on teachings of a Certain Church in Baton Rouge.....If they believe that they are idolizing something other than God... Then Go for it!!!

Personally, my FAITH has not staggered due to my organization(s) affiliation... But that's just me.:noidea::noidea:

Yeah I know of a Few....... Their reasons are Religious....Based on teachings of a Certain Church in Baton Rouge.....If they believe that they are idolizing something other than God... Then Go for it!!!

Certain church? Oh, gotcha!!! :idea: I know someone from there who did also.

You have to know the Word for yourself. Anything, any person, any place, any _____ that you place before God should be denounced.

Personally, my FAITH has not staggered due to my organization(s) affiliation... But that's just me.:noidea::noidea:

Is it Larry Stockstill's church?

I figured it was that occult. I've heard of some who've denounced from that church. Oh well...let them praise him. He's an icon.
It does seem to be sort of Cultish to me as well...... I never understood the teachings and/or religious activities...

I know an Eastern Star and Mason who left their organization for "spiritual reasons."
But isn't it.......... Nevermind...:lol:

I am a firm believer in forming a Spiritual Base with God.... so that you are not deterred by Man's personal teachings......

i know 2 kappas who did it; they both said religious beliefs; one guy said that he also didnt like the sterotypes they portrayed such as drunking, messing with alot of girls and such.

~shrugs~

They didn't get those stereotypes AFTER he pledged, so I don't know why they were a big deal AFTER he pledged.

Oh well, to each his own.

I know of a couple of people who have renounced their membership in Delta, but I don't know why they did it and never bothered to find out why.

Only telling what was told to me.

Yeah I Know babe!!!!...That wasn't aimed at you....:kiss:

Just that I believe people should research before being apart of anything and make sure that it is according to their own principles and spiritual beliefs.....

There is alot that can be learned through some, not all organizations. This is especially so with Eastern Stars and Masons.

My ex-girlfriend denounced hers...religious reasons. As I understand it, she made a bonfire with all of her rituals, shirts, etc... on campus.

Everytime I talked to her, then and now, I always make it a point to mention greek stuff... just to hear her say, "Oh that's nice". :lol:

She tried to quote the scripture to me about it but when I read it, it made no sense how that had anything to do with pledging. It simply said to "let your yes be your yes and your no be your no". Which to me only states that if you DO pledge or make a vow, that you should stand by your word...which, to me, is what she didn't do.

As for those who say they don't have the time be active, I say BULLSCHITT. I have three frat brothers here that I know personally and if I didn't help keep the books, I would not know they were financial. Of the 6 years, I have been in Philly, I have probably seen them at one or two meetings each BUT they are all active and work on at least ONE committee. They just don't find the time to sit in 3 hour meetings. I work a committee with one of them and I don't see this brother til the day of event most of the time. Prior to that, he MIGHT come to one committee meeting but he does his a good job behind the scenes, calling the hotel, etc.. Another one I had not seen this dude in like two years but I went to a Big Brothers event and he was there with his little. Another one, I have not seen in about 3 years, has been teaching in our Acheivement Academy for about two years (a twice a month committment). I didn't know that until I went to the Academy last week. So anytime people tell me that they are not active because the meetings are this time and date, I give those examples and they have nothing to say. We didn't join to attend meetings. We joined to do work!

Last edited:
Is this denouncing thing one of those thangs like women who let you run trains on them in school, then get saved after college and becomes a born again virgin. Never acknowledging the days when 10 to 20 guys would gone over and hit it one after another while playing lil Kim.........

Back