Direct TV vs Comcast

Warndalyn said:
it'll cost too much...I'm about to adjust my entire line-up...too expensive. I got Directv last year, when I purchased my home, and I had the NFL Sunday Ticket free. That won't be the case, this year.

W,

What did you think of the NFL Ticket? I want to her your opinion minus the cost for this year.

pv_symbiotic said:
W,

What did you think of the NFL Ticket? I want to her your opinion minus the cost for this year.
oh hell, I enjoyed it thoroughly, since I love football...I just can't afford it.

Man, my partners have the NFL Sunday Ticket with some feature called the Red Zone. That means there is a channel strickly dedicated to showing all games within the Red Zone, so that you don't miss a score.

These cats put $10 on a card each week to pick the winner of each game (by points I think). So, out of 10 people, one could win as much as $200 to $500 dollars every week because some players buy more than one card. These cats watch every game, every play. They change the channel dayum near every 20 seconds.

The cool thing is you can win money, eat and drink with your boys every Sunday.

Da_Sperm said:
Man, my partners have the NFL Sunday Ticket with some feature called the Red Zone. That means there is a channel strickly dedicated to showing all games within the Red Zone, so that you don't miss a score.

These cats put $10 on a card each week to pick the winner of each game (by points I think). So, out of 10 people, one could win as much as $200 to $500 dollars every week because some players buy more than one card. These cats watch every game, every play. They change the channel dayum near every 20 seconds.

The cool thing is you can win money, eat and drink with your boys every Sunday.
Sounds like fun...:tup:

Da_Sperm said:

I like this channel. :tup:

Da_Sperm said:
Man, my partners have the NFL Sunday Ticket with some feature called the Red Zone.

A button is on the remote control and when you press it, will show all of the games on the side and bottom of screen (while you are still watching the game of your choice) If the team is in the redzone the color of the team will be shown in red. Then you can just bring the cursor controlled by the remote control and press on that game and go to it immediately. If a team just scored the color will change to green (if a team just scored, you can probably catch the instant replay)...

pv_symbiotic said:
How much a month would DTV cost if I have the package that includes the following:

StarzBlk
EPSNU
NFL Ticket.
TC Plus 185 channels but ESPNU (Sports Package) and Starzin Black (Starz pacakge... would be 73 dollars a month

The NFL Sunday Ticket is about 220.. (that can be broken down into 4 montly payments...

Now they have new customer specials now where if you pay 4 months for NFL Sunday Ticket you get EVERY channel free for 4 months... so you would be payin about 69 dollars and getting every channel plus the NFL Sunday Ticket.... saves you about 100 dollars the first 4 months

So is ordering the NFL Sunday Ticket and then canceling it the only way a current subscriber to Direct can get a free DVR???

Directv doesnt respect their current subscribers. Their only good deals are for new folks. :tdown::tdown:

Dahill,
Tell 'em I said that!
:lol:

mighty hornet said:
Directv doesnt respect their current subscribers. Their only good deals are for new folks. :tdown::tdown:

Dahill,
Tell 'em I said that!

:lmao: at MH. Dahill tell them that gold penalty flag I got last year ain't enough for all these years, but I did throw it a lot during the season. :lol:

"My Sunday" "My House" "My Rules"

mighty hornet said:

MH, get your wife, or girlfriend to call for you. I don't know why, but for some reason, they seem to respond to women better. I can call, cussin, fussin', threatnin', being civil, ghetto, and get absolutely nothing, but the second my wife calls, and just says she's getting rid of a service, they start throwing deals at her from all over the place.

Hell get Katrina to call for you. lol

NICE

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
So is ordering the NFL Sunday Ticket and then canceling it the only way a current subscriber to Direct can get a free DVR???
no... threaten to cancel it.. you dont have to cancel it. But nowadays we damn near give dvrs away... I give one to anybody who ask for one.

mighty hornet said:

Dahill,
Tell 'em I said that!

I hear this everyday.. .and just like I explain to them... EVERYBODY came in one some type of deal... same thing with cell phone company... they GIVE you a free cell phone when you are a new customer. If we gave EVERYBODY free stuff and new customer offers we would be bankrupt.

D-NICE said:
MH, get your wife, or girlfriend to call for you. I don't know why, but for some reason, they seem to respond to women better. I can call, cussin, fussin', threatnin', being civil, ghetto, and get absolutely nothing, but the second my wife calls, and just says she's getting rid of a service, they start throwing deals at her from all over the place.

Hell get Katrina to call for you. lol

NICE
what people fail to realize that if you call in cussin YOU AINT GONE GET NOTHING. And there are only 2 retention offices... (Huntsville and Boise)... if you get to the Huntsville office talking crazy, you JUST may get cussed out... most people in my call center are from AAMU or Oakwood and trust me they dont mind "gettin wrong" right back with you. I never understood why people think if they call in acting IGNANT that we would offer them something for free.. it works the exact opposite. If you call in cussin to me, and threatin to cancel, I will have your tv off before you can finish your sentence. I have cut peoples tv off one of their tantrums then refused to cut it back on.. they will say "aaww we aint want it cut off today, we was trying to see what you could do for us"

:D

I'm just waiting to see what (if any) SWAC games ESPNU will carry. That will be the ONLY reason I stay with Directv. (and even if I keep Direct, it'll only be for the football season)
I'm about to get Comcast for their DSL, and I can get a better deal with a package that includes cable.

silentrage said:
Do you any of you Direct TV subscribers have their HD service? If so, what do you think of it?

Its lacking channels right now... they are waiting to launch another satellite to add about 50 more HD stations ... as of now they are behind Comcast and Dish... and most other cable providers. DTV has the basic channels like ESPN HD, TNT HD, etc... but Dish and Comcast have alot more channels.

DAHILL said:
Its lacking channels right now... they are waiting to launch another satellite to add about 50 more HD stations ... as of now they are behind Comcast and Dish... and most other cable providers. DTV has the basic channels like ESPN HD, TNT HD, etc... but Dish and Comcast have alot more channels.

So, in your opinion, would it be wise to wait and get the DirectTV HD service once the new satellite is launched?

If I get the premier Direct TV package...do I get all of the Fox Sports channels are are there some blackout areas...ie. I can't see Fox South in the Northeast.

Also, I don't watch TV much.... I pay 15 dollars for some type of cable from Comcast...LOL I get about 80 channels and that is fine for me. But if I want to downgrade to a lower package after football season, can I do that? Yeah, I am being cheap.

Well, Comcast is about to take over the Houston market with part of the deal with Time Warner over Adelphia. I don't know what channels we will lose or gain in this deal. They took over the Dallas area from Time Warner, how is it working out for the folks there?

Tigerpride said:
If I get the premier Direct TV package...do I get all of the Fox Sports channels are are there some blackout areas...ie. I can't see Fox South in the Northeast.
Yup, you get all the Fox channels
and truth be told, those channels aint all they're cracked up to be, because for the most part, they all show the same games (college, because the pro sports are just shown regionally.

Back