Direct TV vs Comcast

ok, more questions..I am behind in this digital age...in case ya'll ain't figured that out yet.

Will I need two DVR's to watch a program that I have recorded while my wife watches one that she has recorded.

Can you still record shows on VHS tapes?

...and what would I need to record on the CD-R?

Thanks. I will mail $5 to whoever answers my questions the best.

Tigerpride said:
I am behind in this digital age...in case ya'll ain't figured that out yet.
me too,
LOL

but I can answer the one about recording on VHS tapes.

Yes you can still do that.

now send me my $5!!!!!!!

Tigerpride said:
ok, more questions..I am behind in this digital age...in case ya'll ain't figured that out yet.

Will I need two DVR's to watch a program that I have recorded while my wife watches one that she has recorded.

They do have those new DVR's that can record 2 shows at the same time and can be shown on 2 separate tv's if it is set up that way. (I know Dish Network has those kind of DVRs).

Yes you can still record on VHS or CD-R.

Tigerpride said:

Ok Imma take a shot at yo $5:

1. Duhhh of course, you will need two different DVRs to watch two differnent shows @ the same time. :D

No but seriously, if you are trying to watch the JSU/TSU game again after recording it and she is trying to catch up on her stories, then yes. The box will not show two RECORDED programs at the same time. Actually it will only show on that TV, you can't have the box hooked up to the downstairs TV and watch it upstairs. Now if you are RECORDING two shows at the same time, that will work.

2. Yes, with a VCR, they still take VHS tapes :lmao:

I don't really understand what you're asking, but if you're saying what I think you are, yes you can hook a VCR to your DVR and transfer a RECORDED program to VHS, but you're gonna need and A/V cable to connect the two. But now you can't stick a VHS tape in a DVR. :snicker:

3. A computer.... :emlaugh:

Don't really get this one either. But I guess you mean how can you transfer to a disc?? I would use a DVD/-R or + instead of a CD and the only way I could do that would be to use one of them DVR/VCR combos. I'm gonna get one. Take all my tapes and turn them to DVDs and then record off the TV directly to DVD. These DVRs have internal hard drives.

***Note all of this information pertains to the Comcast DVR. I don't know about DTV, I think they have a Tivo box.***

Now instead of giving me $5, put it on that jacket you was gonna look for for me!!!!:splat: :lmao: :lmao:

Bengal E said:
Now instead of giving me $5, put it on that jacket you was gonna look for for me!!!!:splat: :lmao: :lmao:

Dayum, I forgot I had that jacket...I hope it's cold for homecoming. :D

...and I DID go back and look for you.

My DVR is acting a fuggin AZZ!!!:smash:

It keeps freezing up and it won't record ANYTHING I have set to record. Good thing I was home Monday night to catch the Wire or else I would be a mad mofo...anyone else have this problem. It will show my scheduled programs and then beside it, it willl say "Not Recorded". :shame:

Back