Coach Sanders wants the knife removed from his back

Status
Not open for further replies.

what knife? what is he talking about, I haven't read the thread

You're wrong. We are different as the other races.
And therein lies the problem! They don't know who they are so they don't understand the historical expectations and implications that come with the behaviors that have been identified in this thread. As soon as I saw @Kenn Rashad response, I knew exactly what the next progressive thought would be. This is sad!

Harriet Tubman said: "I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." There’s no proof she actually said this but...LOL
You are the journalists, call him and get that info. I did! Let’s not make a mistake about this, Deion works for JSU, not the SWAC nor black college football. Any benefits that may come to any institution outside of JSU because of Deion’s profile should be applauded but not expected!
I agree with you. I think Deion has been overall positive addition to the SWAC/BCF. My only problem with Deion is his generalized comments on HBCUs. He should focus on JSU and be a spokesman for them only. When he speaks about all HBCUs, it sounds like he has a savior complex. If he’s able implement his vision at JSU, his voice will have greater credibility.

Your slip is showing.....

What are you talking about? See this is why no one takes JSU folks serious on this page and view you all Kardashians. I asked the question for clarification. Hell I even speculated some things that were positive and not one time did I speak negatively of your coach. But you come back on some bald head hoe shit.

SMH

What are you talking about? See this is why no one takes JSU folks serious on this page and view you all Kardashians. I asked the question for clarification. Hell I even speculated some things that were positive and not one time did I speak negatively of your coach. But you come back on some bald head hoe shit.

SMH
It's because they (the JSU folks) don't know. They simply take whatever he says at face value.

It's because they (the JSU folks) don't know. They simply take whatever he says at face value.
I bet that’s a fucking lie! And I don’t have to prove shit to you! I‘ve been civil on this board and haven’t said much to these low IQ statements I read on here. It‘s comedic to me and that’s how I view this board! Pure entertainment...

And you as the person who runs the board Should refrain from the JSU generalizations... I could lambast posters on here daily but choose to take the high road. I rather talk my shit in person and not be that guy who hides behind keyboards taking shots.

Last edited:
I think Deion has been obviously great for JSU and for generating public discussion about HBCU football beyond the confines of this niche. As far as what this all means for the SWAC and HBCU football as a collective in terms of large impact will have to be something monitored.

I bet that’s a fucking lie! And I don’t have to prove shit to you! I‘ve been civil on this board and haven’t said much to these low IQ statements I read on here. It‘s comedic to me and that’s how I view this board! Pure entertainment...

And you as the person who runs the board Should refrain from the JSU generalizations... I could lambast posters on here daily but choose to take the high road. I rather talk my shit in person and not be that guy who hides behind keyboards taking shots.

☝🏾
You said a mouth full here...

Reporting that nobody from an HBCU got drafted makes for an intriguing storyline because it is true, but that doesn't make it an "HBCU issue." Because if you look at this situation from a wider lens, you'd realized that only six players who played at FCS schools were drafted. But I don't see anyone crying foul over that stat. I wonder why?

WHO is Quinn Meinerz? From D3 Wisconsin-Whitewater or Chris Garrett from Concordia-St Paul. BOTH have not played football the last 2 years due to Covid.

If HBCU got a gripe, Ivy League and others should be throwing fits right now. Those two have not played and got drafted.

Can someone from JSU explant the knife in the back situation.

There is no knife. It's entitlement that just because HE is at a HBCU that he will be the pipeline to get kids into the NFL. What he is getting is that cold hard SLAP of reality.
This is only the 2nd year that no HBCU got drafted-we had some in 2019.

Your name means NOTHING in the big picture. Yeah you can get stadiums built or packed, you MIGHT attract a few recruits and get your school on tv a lot more.
Yet in the big picture it does not matter to the folks doing the draft. Those folks are not trying to draft kids because of the name of the coach. They are looking to see who can fit their system.
As Ken pointed out we did not see a lot of kids from FCS schools get drafted.

Deion said, "I witnessed a multitude of kids that we played against that were more than qualified to be drafted." Can someone please tell me what he is talking about?
NOBODY he played has a kid drafted into the NFL.

Do you view that last line as an incentive or deterrent?

Incentive to leave the SWAC for a conference where they can dominates or HE is the big attraction. Looking at YOU Conference USA.

Instead of fashioning a message taking Black people with no say in the matter to task he should’ve addressed that to the lazy scouts who aren’t doing any real scouting but have instead fallen back to relying on “relationships” with coaches at various PWCs and the ownership groups that are fine with it.

So how did Quinn Meinerz get a late invite to the Senior Bowl-if the scouts are lazy? He played at a D3 school and had NOT played in two years.
What did HE do better than Grambling's David Moore-who was also there? To be named 45th best player going into the draft?

So again, what's the problem? You want me to give you credit for doing something you're supposed to be doing in the first place?

Now, back to the subject. About that knife in Deion's back.

Last edited:
NOBODY he played has a kid drafted into the NFL.

Exactly, and it leads one to ask the question: Did Deion not even know that the kids he played this spring weren't even eligible for the draft?
I said the SAME EXACT THING.... nobody he played against this year was even eligible for the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back