Coach Sanders wants the knife removed from his back

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he is Deion Sanders, right? There is nothing anyone can do to "disrupt" anything he does. But I understand the need to defend him at all costs even if it means using "slave" references as a crutch when it doesn't apply.
I don’t have to defend Deion here, I just so happen to know more than you on this subject. Do your job and find out what I know. Simple...

I appreciate NC A&T, but I honestly can't take them seriously!

They shunned their HBCU family and went to the Big South Conference!

They never really wanted to be identified as an HBCU, and their major focus was being accepted by the so-called majority!

A&T really didn't get on the HBCU and Celebration Bowl hype until it was forced down their throats by the respective members of the conference.

And now, they have the audacity to talk about advocacy? What can A&T advocate other than the same old tired mentality and rhetoric that has kept brown people in the same position for decades? The minute Dwight Man came calling, they obliged because that's where they wanted to be all along: to feel accepted by the perception that Dwight Man's competitiveness in a conference --which was built by white supremacy--was actually better?

Just can't buy it A&T! Instead of doing it for the culture, you did it to co-exist in Dwight's Man world!
Well that was easy! Ole boy forgot to look in the mirror first.

I appreciate Deion but I honestly can't take him seriously.

He shunned HBCUs as a player and went to Florida State.

He's never fought for HBCUs as a player or an analyst.

His older son went to South Carolina and only transfered to play for his dad.

His younger son was going to Florida Atlantic until Deion was hired at JSU

He didn't get on the HBCU train until FSU explained to him he needed a college degree and he went to Tallegeda to finish. And then took the JSU job.

Now he's supposed to be our advocate and helping us get to the next level

Just can't buy it. Where u been all these years Deion
We were all teenagers once and made decisions we thought were best for us. As all of us grow older we learn and move forward. Prime has done that and has a chance to do some good for his people. Let him run...

Deion said, "I witnessed a multitude of kids that we played against that were more than qualified to be drafted." Can someone please tell me what he is talking about?

Accept the truth...The only way the ‘Narrative’ will change is if the top black athletes go to HBCUs. We don’t have the money to compete and often have to rely on a players “wokeness” to get him to our respective HBCUs.

I agree. So, how do we reverse/undo this and where do we start?
Starts with "self knowledge" which is a necessity for "self love, self acceptance, self respect, self direction". At that point we can do the one thing that can break the arms of white supremacy/racism.....ORGANIZE. A good example is Stacy Abrams "organizing" of the masses to vote and accomplish the unthinkable in Georgia. Self knowledge/Education first - then organization and economics will follow. We are a 2 trillion dollar people - organization of that..........SCARY!

Prime is bringing attention to "Coach Prime" thus his personal assistants on JSU sideline with the "Coach Prime" and not JSU shirts on! When Deion and Corey chose to go to FSU and not FAMU, where was the HBCU love then? When Eddie George chose to go to Ohio State and not Tenn. ST, where was the HBCU love? Exactly, they chose to go to PWC's and didn't give HBCU'S a thought! HBCU'S were good enough for Doug Williams, Walter Peyton, Jerry Rice, Mel Blount, Aneas Williams and Michael Strahan to name a few but now the PWC choosing Brothers want to come back home..... go figure!

These former Black NFL stars are wanting to Coach at HBCU's because the PWC's that they made all of that money for won't hire them as Head Coaches and pay them the $5M salaries that the white HC's their are getting, plan and simple! Did FSU give Deion the HC job? NO Would Ohio State give Eddie George the HC? NO End of discussion........

Last edited:
Black men biggest enemy isn't white supremacy. It's each other. Sometimes, we need to look at the truth.
Unfortunately this is something too many of us run around parroting without really thinking about what we’re saying. Nobody worth talking about is “hating” on Deion and none of us had anything to do with our kids not being drafted.

Instead of fashioning a message taking Black people with no say in the matter to task he should’ve addressed that to the lazy scouts who aren’t doing any real scouting but have instead fallen back to relying on “relationships” with coaches at various PWCs and the ownership groups that are fine with it.

Fellow Black men aren’t our biggest enemies . The inability or flat out refusal to see and address certain realities, along with a cowardly fear of white people has always been our biggest and most persistent enemy

Those players weren't eligible to be drafted because they were playing in the spring.
EXACTLY! Proof that he has NO IDEA how this works. And if he doesn't know, you know the people who follow him religiously don't know.

How the hell can one attempt to "change the narrative' of something if he doesn't even know what the existing narrative is?

Prime is bringing attention to "Coach Prime" thus his personal assistants on JSU sideline with the "Coach Prime" and not JSU shirts on! When Deion and Corey chose to got to FSU and not FAMU where was the HBCU love then? When Eddie George chose to go to Ohio State and not Tenn. ST, where was the HBCU love? Exactly, they chose to go to PWC's and didn't give HBCU'S a thought! HBCU'S were good enough for Doug Williams, Walter Peyton, Jerry Rice, Mel Blount, Aneas Williams and Michael Strahan to name a few but now the PWC closing Brothers want to come back home..... go figure!

These former Black NFL stars are wanting to Coach at HBCU's because the PWC's that they made all of that money for won't hire they as Head Coaches and pay them the $5M salaries that the white HC's their are getting, plan and simple! Did FSU give Deion the HC job? NO Would Ohio State give Eddie George the HC? NO End of discussion........
Most of those black players knew about HBCUS back then cause they would come on HBCU campuses to party or find an abundance of "easy" black women who would somehow be impressed by their superstar status. Alot of these former black NFL players are playing dumb when they knew about HBCUs they just chose not to attend...

Most of those black players knew about HBCUS back then cause they would come on HBCU campuses to party or find an abundance of "easy" black women who would somehow be impressed by their superstar status. Alot of these black players are playing dumb when they knew about HBCUs they just chose not to attend...
Deion went to Florida State and that school had a history of their athletes hanging out at FAMU and going to parties there more than their own campuses. LOL.

I wanna know what a knife in the back gotta do with NFL teams not drafting HBCU players. Can someone explain that?
What he's talking about undercover, is instead of trying to down him, ridicule him and what he is trying to do with this HBCU vision, just get on board and help him with the HBCU vision. You had some coaches that mixed the HBCU vision in with the spring season and combined the two as one. They couldn't separate the two and look like Chicken Georges

What he's talking about undercover, is instead of trying to down him, ridicule him and what he is trying to do with this HBCU vision, just get on board and help him with the HBCU vision. You had some coaches that mixed the HBCU vision in with the spring season and combined the two as one. They couldn't separate the two and look like Chicken Georges
So you don't know either, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back