Coach Sanders wants the knife removed from his back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting that nobody from an HBCU got drafted makes for an intriguing storyline because it is true, but that doesn't make it an "HBCU issue." Because if you look at this situation from a wider lens, you'd realized that only six players who played at FCS schools were drafted. But I don't see anyone crying foul over that stat. I wonder why?

Someone help me understand......

Who is or who are the coaches that are stabbing Coach Sanders in the back? Who were the “all you coaches” Corey Fuller spoke about?

This is Coach Sanders first time coaching in the collegiate area, first time coaching an HBCU. What is it exactly that he’s doing to bring change and attention to our HBCUs? Is he going at this alone? Or has he reached out to the coaches, ADs, organizations that have been trying for years to do the same? Why is Coach Sanders so outraged now about the lack of HBCU players drafted?

I think Coach Sanders should put more effort into collaboration with those who DON’T have a 🔪 in his back and have a “meeting of the minds” . His name carries weight, but there are a lot of people who’ve been doing this a lot longer who can give constructive and positive feedback.

I get Deion's point and it is a good one. Yet, nobody stabbed him in the back. Hell it was right in his face. I think Deion was expecting something to change but he realized that no matter what you have done you still viewed as a NINJA to the white establishment.

I want to see what Deion will do when his son's graduate and no more family members are recruits. Will he stay at JSU?

Will it be a situation of only caring because you child is there.

I only see what is posted about Deon on this platform. I am assuming Coach Prime and J State is feeling it from other sources. In here it not much different than smack that has always been. J -State was having a victory parade before the ink dried on the contract. You knew we were coming after you J state. Just like when i tell ya'll to mail the SWAC basketball championship to TSU right after signing day or Alabama state picking up the The mens and women all sports trophy in September or Just Southern being Southern. Hope everyone just calm down and get better in September. Football is going to be very interesting.
This is a great thread/example of the importance of knowing how to distinguish between what doesn’t matter (smack) and focus on what does (promoting/publicizing our HBCUs & athletes).
Coach Sanders, of all people, should know that trash talk isn’t what matters. We’ve been doing this for decades to each other. He did throughout his career and even as an analyst. That comes with football and we HBCUs took it up to the 3rd degree!
He should ignore the smack and focus on the bigger picture.

I get Deion's point and it is a good one. Yet, nobody stabbed him in the back. Hell it was right in his face. I think Deion was expecting something to change but he realized that no matter what you have done you still viewed as a NINJA to the white establishment.

I want to see what Deion will do when his son's graduate and no more family members are recruits. Will he stay at JSU?

Will it be a situation of only caring because you child is there.

WOW! 😊

I actually AGREE with you.....Coach Sanders raises a good point, and I too wonder if his efforts will have longevity behind them. I just believe he should have a plan and get feedback from his colleagues who know this side of the game.

Reporting that nobody from an HBCU got drafted makes for an intriguing storyline because it is true, but that doesn't make it an "HBCU issue." Because if you look at this situation from a wider lens, you'd realized that only six players who played at FCS schools were drafted. But I don't see anyone crying foul over that stat. I wonder why?
Could it be programs that understand not just the pecking order of things but understand how Covid-19 caused teams to play things close to the vest. I mean, it's hard to evaluate "unknown" talent when you have travel restrictions and a whole season moved to the spring, ya know?

Someone help me understand......

Who is or who are the coaches that are stabbing Coach Sanders in the back? Who were the “all you coaches” Corey Fuller spoke about?

This is Coach Sanders first time coaching in the collegiate area, first time coaching an HBCU. What is it exactly that he’s doing to bring change and attention to our HBCUs? Is he going at this alone? Or has he reached out to the coaches, ADs, organizations that have been trying for years to do the same? Why is Coach Sanders so outraged now about the lack of HBCU players drafted?

I think Coach Sanders should put more effort into collaboration with those who DON’T have a 🔪 in his back and have a “meeting of the minds” . His name carries weight, but there are a lot of people who’ve been doing this a lot longer who can give constructive and positive feedback.

The only people who think that Deion is being stabbed in the back are THEEions that blindly support everything he does (and you dont have to be from JSU to be a THEEion as shown on Facebook)

The same things that he is talking about now we've been saying on here for YEARS. Those points have been made on this point again regarding the number of FCS players drafted period as well (not just HBCUs) as well as not too many of us in these war rooms on Draft Day. I know iI have been saying it for a while about NFL teams would rather take a chance on a 4th stringer from Bama than an All-SWAC level player like Mohammad or Thompkins. It's the safe choice. I know Coach Dancy said publicly in an interview that it's sad that players like Thompkins don't even get camp invites let alone signed. When Deion was organizing the HBCU camp last year, it wasn't based on merit but first come first served. Didn't hear him speaking up about it then

It doesn't fit his narrative

WOW! 😊

I actually AGREE with you.....Coach Sanders raises a good point, and I too wonder if his efforts will have longevity behind them. I just believe he should have a plan and get feedback from his colleagues who know this side of the game.

In Deion's mind he felt that people would change given his name being attached. Yet that makes no difference. My problem with Deion is that he speaks in riddles. Go ahead and specify names. I also believe promises were made to Deion through his connections and they did not come to fruition. So instead of him referring to JSU....he is trying to make an attempt to unify people....when quite frankly we already are.

I also believe that he wants to feel that him came to the SWAC and "Saved" the SWAC in some type of way to revered.

Have to agree with you here...but not your underlying motive lol. Looks like 2 were drafted from ND State and their conference had 4 total.

In Deion's mind he felt that people would change given his name being attached. Yet that makes no difference. My problem with Deion is that he speaks in riddles. Go ahead and specify names. I also believe promises were made to Deion through his connections and they did not come to fruition. So instead of him referring to JSU....he is trying to make an attempt to unify people....when quite frankly we already are.

I also believe that he wants to feel that him came to the SWAC and "Saved" the SWAC in some type of way to revered.
What players entered their names for the draft since Deion came on board?

Its so easy to attempt to criticize or shall I say critique those things in which you don’t understand due to a lack of information/clarity. There are things and people working behind the scene trying to disrupt what we are trying to accomplish for various reason in which I can’t understand. This is what Deion is referring, not directing his comments to any SWAC coach or institution.

Have to agree with you here...but not your underlying motive lol. Looks like 2 were drafted from ND State and their conference had 4 total.
I don't do "motives." I report FACTS. North Dakota State had three players drafted. Northern Iowa had two. Central Arkansas had one.

Its so easy to attempt to criticize or shall I say critique those things in which you don’t understand due to a lack of information/clarity. There are things and people working behind the scene trying to disrupt what we are trying to accomplish for various reason in which I can’t understand. This is what Deion is referring, not directing his comments to any SWAC coach or institution.
Who are "we" and what are "we" trying to accomplish?

So how are people "disrupting" what you are trying to accomplish? Who are they?
Harriet Tubman said: "I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." There’s no proof she actually said this but...LOL
You are the journalists, call him and get that info. I did! Let’s not make a mistake about this, Deion works for JSU, not the SWAC nor black college football. Any benefits that may come to any institution outside of JSU because of Deion’s profile should be applauded but not expected!

Last edited:
I appreciate Deion but I honestly can't take him seriously.

He shunned HBCUs as a player and went to Florida State.

He's never fought for HBCUs as a player or an analyst.

His older son went to South Carolina and only transfered to play for his dad.

His younger son was going to Florida Atlantic until Deion was hired at JSU

He didn't get on the HBCU train until FSU explained to him he needed a college degree and he went to Tallegeda to finish. And then took the JSU job.

Now he's supposed to be our advocate and helping us get to the next level

Just can't buy it. Where u been all these years Deion

I appreciate NC A&T, but I honestly can't take them seriously!

They shunned their HBCU family and went to the Big South Conference!

They never really wanted to be identified as an HBCU, and their major focus was being accepted by the so-called majority!

A&T really didn't get on the HBCU and Celebration Bowl hype until it was forced down their throats by the respective members of the conference.

And now, they have the audacity to talk about advocacy? What can A&T advocate other than the same old tired mentality and rhetoric that has kept brown people in the same position for decades? The minute Dwight Man came calling, they obliged because that's where they wanted to be all along: to feel accepted by the perception that Dwight Man's competitiveness in a conference --which was built by white supremacy--was actually better?

Just can't buy it A&T! Instead of doing it for the culture, you did it to co-exist in Dwight's Man world!

Harriet Tubman said: "I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." There’s no proof she actually said this but...LOL
You are the journalists, call him and get that info. I did!
But he is Deion Sanders, right? There is nothing anyone can do to "disrupt" anything he does. But I understand the need to defend him at all costs even if it means using "slave" references as a crutch when it doesn't apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back