Coach Sanders wants the knife removed from his back

Status
Not open for further replies.
179388113_515348069498153_6891291543958330211_n.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What Prime is trying to accomplish is bigger than the football game. In the past when this happen, it was just another day at the office. Prime's voice forces the media to listen and respond. Props to Coach Prime. SWAC Coaches, please get behind this mission as ONE!

A3SRGWF4TRAEDA3ZSPAUUYCTTY.jpg

What Prime is trying to accomplish is bigger than the football game. In the past when this happen, it was just another day at the office. Prime's voice forces the media to listen and respond. Props to Coach Prime. SWAC Coaches, please get behind this mission as ONE!

A3SRGWF4TRAEDA3ZSPAUUYCTTY.jpg
Yes sir.

I appreciate Deion but I honestly can't take him seriously.

He shunned HBCUs as a player and went to Florida State.

He's never fought for HBCUs as a player or an analyst.

His older son went to South Carolina and only transfered to play for his dad.

His younger son was going to Florida Atlantic until Deion was hired at JSU

He didn't get on the HBCU train until FSU explained to him he needed a college degree and he went to Tallegeda to finish. And then took the JSU job.

Now he's supposed to be our advocate and helping us get to the next level

Just can't buy it. Where u been all these years Deion

He didn't get on the HBCU train until FSU explained to him he needed a college degree and he went to Tallegeda to finish. And then took the JSU job.

He’s here now.... let’s use him to get that attention while we have him today and not punish him for what he was yesterday ... I get your point man... let him work.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

I understand - but all media outlets who report on this need to go even further and break it down about lack of diversity in the war rooms. ESPN showed all of them and it was hardly any of us in there. That's where the picks are made.
While you’re right, the vast majority of players drafted are black.

Black men biggest enemy isn't white supremacy. It's each other. Sometimes, we need to look at the truth.
Be careful here........white supremacy teaches us to blame ourselves for our present condition and give them a pass on their sins. White supremacy is a system of oppression and exploitation "rooted" in race. The Black mans "erroneous reaction" to white supremacy has him "assisting" in his own demise.

Be careful here........white supremacy teaches us to blame ourselves for our present condition and give them a pass on their sins. White supremacy is a system of oppression and exploitation "rooted" in race. The Black mans "erroneous reaction" to white supremacy has him "assisting" in his own demise.

Yes, it's a system that white people have in place for themselves. But, these people are never going to accept us. So, why do you keep begging them for scraps.

The difference between our community and everybody else. Black men don't work together towards a goal. We can move mountains, if we just stick together.

Yes, it's a system that white people have in place for themselves. But, these people are never going to accept us. So, why do you keep begging them for scraps.

The difference between our community and everybody else. Black men don't work together towards a goal. We can move mountains, if we just stick together.
Agree!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know we like to talk trash but personally Deion Sanders came at a great time. Timing is everything. Trump brought the evil back to the spotlight that was masked in America since the civil rights movement. The timing is perfect and with all eyes on black the time is now. Go for it Deion. I respect the game.

How did Deion Sanders fare in his 1st season as Jackson State's football coach? Here's how we graded him​

The hype was boiling over the brim by time Deion Sanders took the field for the first time as the head coach at Jackson State, and understandably so.

Coach Prime’s decision to take the helm of the football team was a program-altering move. With new jerseys, a new coaching staff and the addition of a recruiting class, touted as one of the best in the history of HBCUs, Coach Prime and the Tigers carried levels of excitement and enthusiasm that had not been seen in the capital city in decades.

The first three games of the season - two blowout wins and the program’s first win over Grambling since 2012 - only further bolstered the hype. But, as Coach Prime said after his team’s loss against Alabama A&M, his players bought into the smoke that had encompassed the program.

Offense: B-​

Sanders may be a Hall of Fame defensive back, but his most profound impact on the Jackson State football team was on the other side of the ball. The Tigers scored at least 30 points in four out of six games and jumped from seventh to fourth in scoring offense in SWAC-only games.

Defense: C-​

The Jackson State defense looked stout through three games after holding its opponents to a combined 35 points. That output came against teams that won a total of two game, with one of those being a Mississippi Valley State forfeit win over Alcorn State.

Special Teams: D​

Special teams, the kicking game to be specific, was once again a problem area for Jackson State. Glenn Misiak and Noah Anderson did combine to make five of their six field goal attempts, but there were struggles elsewhere. JSU finished seventh of nine in net kickoff yards (37.1) and made 19-of-24 extra point attempts, which was the worst in the SWAC.

Coaching: C+​

Coaching is about much more than playcalling. It’s about putting the right players in favorable positions to succeed. Coach Prime said often that he felt the play calling was good enough for his team to excel, but an inability to execute caused problems for the Tigers.

However, coaches are at least partially responsible for ensuring their players understand the calls being made and they are prepared for every opponent. If proper film study and practice is conducted and an adequate gameplan is installed into a contest, the coaches can’t be held accountable.

How did Deion Sanders fare in his 1st season as Jackson State's football coach? Here's how we graded him​

The hype was boiling over the brim by time Deion Sanders took the field for the first time as the head coach at Jackson State, and understandably so.

Coach Prime’s decision to take the helm of the football team was a program-altering move. With new jerseys, a new coaching staff and the addition of a recruiting class, touted as one of the best in the history of HBCUs, Coach Prime and the Tigers carried levels of excitement and enthusiasm that had not been seen in the capital city in decades.

Sanders may be a Hall of Fame defensive back, but his most profound impact on the Jackson State football team was on the other side of the ball. The Tigers scored at least 30 points in four out of six games and jumped from seventh to fourth in scoring offense in SWAC-only games.

The Jackson State defense looked stout through three games after holding its opponents to a combined 35 points. That output came against teams that won a total of two game, with one of those being a Mississippi Valley State forfeit win over Alcorn State.

Special teams, the kicking game to be specific, was once again a problem area for Jackson State. Glenn Misiak and Noah Anderson did combine to make five of their six field goal attempts, but there were struggles elsewhere. JSU finished seventh of nine in net kickoff yards (37.1) and made 19-of-24 extra point attempts, which was the worst in the SWAC.

Coaching is about much more than playcalling. It’s about putting the right players in favorable positions to succeed. Coach Prime said often that he felt the play calling was good enough for his team to excel, but an inability to execute caused problems for the Tigers.

However, coaches are at least partially responsible for ensuring their players understand the calls being made and they are prepared for every opponent. If proper film study and practice is conducted and an adequate gameplan is installed into a contest, the coaches can’t be held accountable.

I personally don’t think ANY group should receive a grade higher than a C And that’s both position or unit!

I agree. So, how do we reverse/undo this and where do we start?

The first three games of the season - two blowout wins and the program’s first win over Grambling since 2012 - only further bolstered the hype. But, as Coach Prime said after his team’s loss against Alabama A&M, his players bought into the smoke that had encompassed the program.

Offensively I agree with the B-. Top 3 offense in the swac (total offense) with a month of preparation is good.

The defense deserves a F. We didn't stop any team with a clue all year. Mostly because we got beat upfront (3 starters weren't eligible on the line).

Special teams I'll agree with the D since we did make our FGs but missed extra points. Also we had a solid return game and decent return coverage.

Coaching I'll give a C-. Issues at times regarding going for the extra point or the 2 point conversion. Going for it on 4th and 13 was just dumb.

I only see what is posted about Deon on this platform. I am assuming Coach Prime and J State is feeling it from other sources. In here it not much different than smack that has always been. J -State was having a victory parade before the ink dried on the contract. You knew we were coming after you J state. Just like when i tell ya'll to mail the SWAC basketball championship to TSU right after signing day or Alabama state picking up the The mens and women all sports trophy in September or Just Southern being Southern. Hope everyone just calm down and get better in September. Football is going to be very interesting.

I understand - but all media outlets who report on this need to go even further and break it down about lack of diversity in the war rooms. ESPN showed all of them and it was hardly any of us in there. That's where the picks are made.
Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back