Coach Prime Addresses The College Refund Process

My guess is these are federal funds and this is a campus issue…Perhaps since it’s a state institution, the governor can prompt/can get another state institution to send someone over to assist/train them though……Or find out what they need to make the process run smoother, which may entail making a monetary investment.

Now I have to admit , this is a new one.
Not really. I worked in that dept for a few years and the "process" at that time was archaic at best. As an undergrad, I delivered some then dbase (don't laugh lol) solutions to help the then dept head out for tracking purposes, efficiency, lessening of paperwork, accurate calculations regarding student budgets, et al.

Be damned if I didn't get sucked into the same situation with helping/development at grad school 2 as they integrated telephony services into their registration process smgdh.

Often times...even the aid that the State of Mississippi gives is not even allocated to the schools by the beginning of the semester. They have that clause that says "based on the availability of funds"...even though you were awarded state funds before the school year started. Sometimes those funds won't show on your account until around the first of Oct.

But yall say Coach Prime is not trying to help ALL HBCU's. :snicker:
He can't help anyone in this case because of the systems in place at the state and federal level when it comes to releasing financial aid funding.

Let's say he becomes the US Secretary of Education .. he might have a little more sway in the matter than the little influence he has at the moment.

Deion is right. And, it's matter of time before Deion clashes with the JSU administration. The JSU administration sounds familiar in the regard of late refund checks. I have witnessed the issue of late refund checks among students and faculty (money from federally granted research projects). The issue I witnessed is one where the school was paid timely but sat on the money for months. Why? I theorize it might be due to draw interest off the money but I'm not sure. The bottom line is HBCU business practices must change.

Deion is right. And, it's matter of time before Deion clashes with the JSU administration. The JSU administration sounds familiar in the regard of late refund checks. I have witnessed the issue of late refund checks among students and faculty (money from federally granted research projects). The issue I witnessed is one where the school was paid timely but sat on the money for months. Why? I theorize it might be due to draw interest off the money but I'm not sure. The bottom line is HBCU business practices must change.

The administration is going to have a lot of smoke for Mr. Sanders.

I’ve heard of this as well

I was rather confused in listening to this video. But as you all right I seem to understand better that he is not talking about refund checks but rather financial aid disbursement. That being the case in many schools those funds don't get applied until the beginning of October. And it's not something that typically changes. So the expectation these days is for them to be posted by that time.
In some schools athletic funds aren't posted to even later. This is a situation of knocking the stick off of some schools administration not just the governor. And that will cause strife between Mr prime and administration.
Mr prime may want to reconsider also the information about his own kids that have
n i l deals getting financial aid.

Back