Clarion Ledger SWAC football rankings: Has Jackson State passed Alabama A&M?

I just want AAMU to know once we put the beating on Delta State… and y’all take care of Tuskegee, it’s time for the swac game of the year… it’s time for legendary smack… it’s time for the biggest revenge on y’all homecoming … after Saturday. I can say this, you’re on the clock…
They still got gsu lol

I just want AAMU to know once we put the beating on Delta State… and y’all take care of Tuskegee, it’s time for the swac game of the year… it’s time for legendary smack… it’s time for the biggest revenge on y’all homecoming … after Saturday. I can say this, you’re on the clock…
It's just Homecoming to us...traditionally last week of September-1st 2 weeks of October no matter what team is on the schedule....we've played every team in the SWAC for our HC except jsu..don't know how y'all ended up in the slot. We got skegee and a product of skegee Grambling next..that is A&M's only concern.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hendrick would have been a good HC. He had AAMU beat if the refs didnt cheat.

He only had one bad game and that was vs Alcorn. He had some ppl to weed out and he was not going to skirt the rules or his morals to win. I think he was headed in the right direction.
I agree with you. I say Hendrick was a decent head coach. I really feel if he had better coordinators he would have faired better. His biggest mistake was not hiring an experienced DC once he became HC. He’s definitely a better DC but he was also a decent HC especially with some of the things jsu faced at the time with the likes of the practice field and a lot of other things that I’m finding out about. Thing about Hendrick was that he was apart of Tony hughes staff and I can’t stand that guy. I really feel Hendrick could b a good HC at D2.

I agree with you. I say Hendrick was a decent head coach. I really feel if he had better coordinators he would have faired better. His biggest mistake was not hiring an experienced DC once he became HC. He’s definitely a better DC but he was also a decent HC especially with some of the things jsu faced at the time with the likes of the practice field and a lot of other things that I’m finding out about. Thing about Hendrick was that he was apart of Tony hughes staff and I can’t stand that guy. I really feel Hendrick could b a good HC at D2.
He really couldn't recruit.

In the SWAC never underestimate anyone. You will be heartbroken is you do. The SWAC is a different ànimal in conference play.

How could you suggest that given he was HC for one recruiting year.. Everybody isn’t coach prime. Not saying I wanted Hendrick to have stayed but I’m just curious to what measuring stick did you use !!!!

Take a look at his recruiting classes. He had 2 of them. Both mediocre by the way. A lot of guys with no other offers.

It's just Homecoming to us...traditionally last week of September-1st 2 weeks of October no matter what team is on the schedule....we've played every team in the SWAC for our HC except jsu..don't know how y'all ended up in the slot. We got skegee and a product of skegee Grambling next..that is A&M's only concern.
We don't overlook anyone or take anyone for granted. We got a long way to go before even thinking about the JSU game. If we play well and win both games then the anticipation can begin.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back