Chris Brown storms out of "Good Morning America" interview with Robin Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsuburbs

What I Live By...
http://www.suntimes.com/4450439-417/chris-brown-storms-out-of-good-morning-america-interview.html

Chris Brown stormed off the set of his “Good Morning America” appearance Tuesday morning and reportedly went into a violent rage backstage. The singer, who is said to have turned his life around since being charged with felony assault in 2009, was yelling, ripped off his shirt and threw a chair through his dressing room window TMZ reports.

During a live interview with the show’s co-host Robin Roberts, Brown became increasingly agitated as she repeatedly asked him about his domestic abuse incident with pop star Rihanna. The singer tried to steer the interview to focus on the release of his new album, “F.A.M.E.” which was released Tuesday, saying, “This album is what I want them to talk about and not stuff that happened two years ago.” Brown then took off before his second scheduled live performance.

A short time after Brown was seen leaving the studio, sans shirt, he tweeted and deleted, “I’m so over people bringing this past sh-t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bullsh-t!”

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Chris Brown storms out of "Good Morning America" interview with Robin Robinson

His publicist should have instructed him on how to answer THAT question if it comes up. He has now just created another story as it relates to his anger.

And who is praising Charlie Sheen? All the reports I've seen on him have called him bi-polar, a drug addict, a nut:)lol:) but never praise.

Oh they are about to tear him up in the media. smh

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...morning_america_after_being_asked_rihann.html

Troubled R&B singer Chris Brown had a major meltdown at the "Good Morning America" studios Tuesday, smashing a window and storming out shirtless after being asked about former gal-pal Rihanna.

"He looked like he wanted to kill somebody," said a "GMA" insider. "He went completely nuts. He just walked off the set, ripped off his shirt and went into the room and threw a chair and broke the window."

"It was incredible. He didn't say a word. Not a word. He just went berserk," the source added

But the 21-year-old went into a fit of rage off-camera after "GMA" co-host Robin Roberts asked him repeated questions about his 2009 domestic violence incident with Rihanna.

On camera, Brown did not seem at all irritated by the questions and simply tried to redirect them by talking about his new album.

"What's going on now is recently the restraining order has been relaxed," Roberts began, referring to the restraining order placed on Brown after the altercation. "Have you all seen each other, been around each other?"

"I mean, not really," the singer replied. "It's not really a big deal to me now as far as that situation. I think I'm past that in my life. I think today's the album day so that's what I'm focused on. Everybody go get that album."

Brown then performed his new single, "Yeah 3x," without incident.

But when the cameras were off, the crooner stormed into his dressing room screaming and smashed the window - sending shards of glass falling into the streets of Times Square below.

He then barged out of the studio, skipping a planned second performance for GMA's website.

Roberts says she and GMA staffers had asked Brown before the show if he was OK with being asked "a few questions" about Rihanna, reported TMZ.com. Brown agreed, the gossip site said, but appeared to change his mind later.

A Brown confidante, however, said the singer has routinely told interviewers that questions about Rihanna were no-go territory.

"He goes into every interview saying 'Don't ask about Rihanna,'" the friend said. "Save that for Bill O'Reilly, no one wants to see that in the morning"

In a statement, ABC News said they would never agree to such a stipulation.

"As always, we ask questions that are relevant and newsworthy, and that's what we did in this interview with Mr. Brown," the network said.

OAN: can a mod change the title to "Robin Roberts" I slipped and put the reporter from Fox Chicago (Robin Robinson) in the title. Thanks.

Re: Chris Brown storms out of "Good Morning America" interview with Robin Robinson

I'm not a Chris Brown fan but they really need to let his past go! He's apologized, did is time, cried what else is there to talk about? Move on from it and find something else to talk about!

His publicist should have instructed him on how to answer THAT question if it comes up. He has now just created another story as it relates to his anger.

And who is praising Charlie Sheen? All the reports I've seen on him have called him bi-polar, a drug addict, a nut:)lol:) but never praise.

I think he handled the questions properly on camera. He just lost it afterwards. I don't blame him. Those who want to down him for his actions were not gonna buy his albums anyway. He has learned that. That is why he basically told everyone aside from his fans to kick rocks. Shame on you Robin Roberts. :smh:

(I wanna hear what she has to say)

Bout time he basically told people like Robin Roberts and shows like GMA to Kiss his Azz. Dude was there to talk about his album just like everybody else do and what do she do? Set up an ambush interview about some shat that happened 2 fuggin' years ago and would not stop.

Bet Roberts got plenty of pats on the head for that. CB was right in his tweet cause just last week, all of them was smiling ear to ear with Charlie Sheen's coked out, prostitue beating, hotel room destroying azz, wishing him the best of luck, hoping he make it, and singing the praises of "WINNING". :smh:

Last edited:
http://www.suntimes.com/4450439-417/chris-brown-storms-out-of-good-morning-america-interview.html

Chris Brown stormed off the set of his “Good Morning America” appearance Tuesday morning and reportedly went into a violent rage backstage. The singer, who is said to have turned his life around since being charged with felony assault in 2009, was yelling, ripped off his shirt and threw a chair through his dressing room window TMZ reports.

During a live interview with the show’s co-host Robin Roberts, Brown became increasingly agitated as she repeatedly asked him about his domestic abuse incident with pop star Rihanna. The singer tried to steer the interview to focus on the release of his new album, “F.A.M.E.” which was released Tuesday, saying, “This album is what I want them to talk about and not stuff that happened two years ago.” Brown then took off before his second scheduled live performance.

A short time after Brown was seen leaving the studio, sans shirt, he tweeted and deleted, “I’m so over people bringing this past sh-t up!!! Yet we praise Charlie sheen and other celebs for there bullsh-t!”

~Look at me now~

Shame on you Robin Roberts. :smh:

No, Robin was just doing her job.

If he's not prepared to answer questions about what happened in '09, then he shouldn't do interviews. Because ANY real journalist is going to ask the relevant questions that their viewers/readers want to know. And a major, well-respected cable network like ABC/GMA: you can best believe they're going to ask the right questions.

Last edited:
So y'all really think reporters should not...will not...ask Chris Brown about the Rhianna incident!? 2 years is a long time in our lives...but not in the life of a celebrity especially with the internet. She asked two questions (from reading the article) and he answered. It was over...

Seems like he has anger issues and needs to continue counseling to keep his cool a little longer.

Rhianna gets asked about Chris Brown in her interviews...she's not throwing chairs through windows. smh

No, Robin was just doing her job.

If he's not prepared to answer questions about what happened in '09, then he shouldn't do interviews. Because ANY real journalist is going to ask the relevant questions they their viewers/readers want to know. And a major, well-respected cable network like ABC/GMA: you can best believe they're going to ask the right questions.

Right!! They act like Robin was asking real nitty-gritty questions...like Wendy Williams or somebody. LMAO

That boy better grow up!!! :lmao:

Robin Roberts full of shat....Another reason to add to the 100 I already have about why I hate the media.

Last edited:

Bout time he basically told people like Robin Roberts and shows like GMA to Kiss his Azz. Dude was there to talk about his album just like everybody else do and what do she do? Set up an ambush interview about some shat that happened 2 fuggin' years ago and would not stop.

How was it an ambush interview when people still talk about what happened? :lol:

Unless it's written and understood that those questions won't be asked PRIOR to the interview, the network can and will ask whatever questions they want. It's his publist's job to make sure his/her client (the celebrity) doesn't get "ambushed" with questions they are not prepared or not willing to answer!

Chris has been in this entertainment game long enough to know by now how it goes.

Last edited:

Meh.

He also has the right to decline answering those questions.

Regardless, flying off the handle was not in his best interest. The last thing he needs to do is to seem to not be in control of his feelings and emotions.

1843fs.jpg

He has a lot of growning up to do...

How was it an ambush interview when people still talk about what happened? :lol:

Unless it's written and understood, that those questions won't be asked PRIOR to the interview, the network can and will ask whatever questions they want. It's his publist's job to make sure his/her client (the celebrity) doesn't get "ambushed" with questions they are not prepared or not willing to answer!
Chris has been in this entertainment game long enough to know by know how it goes.

but if he clearly says on camera that he doesn't want to talk about that. Why keep revisiting the issue? Especially her... I guess when in Rome....

I think he handled the questions properly on camera. He just lost it afterwards. I don't blame him. Those who want to down him for his actions were not gonna buy his albums anyway. He has learned that. That is why he basically told everyone aside from his fans to kick rocks. Shame on you Robin Roberts. :smh:

(I wanna hear what she has to say)

Being in the limelight, Chris just created another headline for himself. He went on a daytime NEWS show. Did he really think the topic was going to be about his music...:rolleyes:. Answer the question and move on. Robin is a REPORTER/ANCHOR. Good Morning America did not need Chris. For publicity, he needed them so his publicist should have prepared him in the correct way to answer. Blowing up offstage does not make it any better. Tore up the dressing room and ripping off your shirt.

Y'all need to stop making excuses for bad behavior/choices.

but if he clearly says on camera that he doesn't want to talk about that. Why keep revisiting the issue? Especially her... I guess when in Rome....

He didn't have to answer her after the first time it was asked. If I now say I don't want to talk about something, you can ask me all day long and I will look at you like this :|. You will get the message and move on. Takes two to talk and one thing I can do is NOT talk....:lol:

Last edited:

I'm quite sure that CB had an agreement not to be asked those questions. That's why he went off on that producer. I think he did a good job while on air. He wanted to cuss her out but held it in. :lol: I think he was well prepared. He did a good job in redirecting but she wouldn't take the hint and then she went right back to it. :smh:

He should have started slangin chairs on air...he would probably sell about 10% more CDs. :lol:

So y'all really think reporters should not...will not...ask Chris Brown about the Rhianna incident!? 2 years is a long time in our lives...but not in the life of a celebrity especially with the internet. She asked two questions (from reading the article) and he answered. It was over...

Seems like he has anger issues and needs to continue counseling to keep his cool a little longer.

Rhianna gets asked about Chris Brown in her interviews...she's not throwing chairs through windows. smh

SOFTBALL VICTIM QUESTIONS.

Why don't they ever press Rihanna about the 2 times she admitted to hitting CB when they were overseas. How bout pressing her about the 3 times she attacked him the night of this incident. How bout asking her if she needed anger mgnt classes and a felony record.

Matt Kemp didn't last a year with that psyco Rihanna.
He ran like hell in less than 6 months. He can't stand her now. :lol:

Robin Roberts full of shat....Another reason to add to the 100 I already have about why I hate the media.

For doing her job??? Chile please.

Ya'll need to keep something in mind: Celebrities NEED the media to promote their album like Chris was trying to do. But guess what, the media (especially entertainment news) NEED celebrities to get the rating/advertisement dollars to stay on top. This is BUSINESS, folks. You think ABC cares about Chris' feelings? :lol: Both (Media/Celebrities) use each other.

In this case, Chris just made himself look like a fool once again. He has nobody to blame but HIMSELF.

Ya'll need to keep something in mind: Celebrities NEED the media to promote their album like Chris was trying to do. But guess what, the media (especially entertainment news) NEED celebrities to get the rating/advertisement dollars to stay on top. This is BUSINESS, folks. You think ABC cares about Chris' feelings? :lol: Both (Media/Celebrities) use each other.

In this case, Chris just made himself look like a fool once again. He has nobody to blame but HIMSELF.

I'm quite sure that CB had an agreement not to be asked those questions. That's why he went off on that producer. I think he did a good job while on air. He wanted to cuss her out but held it in. :lol: I think he was well prepared. He did a good job in redirecting but she wouldn't take the hint and then she went right back to it. :smh:

He should have started slangin chairs on air...he would probably sell about 10% more CDs. :lol:

Trust....Robin Roberts is no Rihanna. She's from the Ms Coast and a former b-baller......swang if you wanna....:smug: :lol:

What you mean, especally her? You think just because she's black, she OWES Chris something?

And unless I missed something, I didn't read where she pressed the issue. She asked the question, he tried to move away from the topic (nothing wrong with that), and he went to perform. It was after the interview that he acted a donkey.

Yeah, but she gets to play the victim role everytime. Her life/career never took a hit (not pun intended) because of this.

smh
Well she's going to continue to get to play that role as long as Chris Brown continues to react the way he does.

So what if someone had gotten hit with the glass from the broken window on the street below?! Then what? That would have been Robin Roberts and Rhianna's fault too right!??! Not Chris' of course...

Bigger than that... She might as well go sign up for Fox news next. A brother done apologized, is out there trying to promote his album and one of his own kind tries to blow him up on-air. I would have expected this from one of THEM, but not her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back