Can somebody explain this?!?! Where is SWAC PR Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antroy

Can somebody tell me why the official SWAC website hasn't been updated in OVER A YEAR?!?! You heard me right!! The last time SWAC.org was updated was August 2, 2002!!
What does that say about our conference when our official website hasn't been updated in 18 months? They have the preseason football picks for the 2002 season! Who is over the SWAC website? Were they fired or something. If not, they need to be! They could have at least put something up about Doug leaving Grambling to go to Tampa Bay.

Kenn, I think you need to talk to the SWAC about either taking over the official site or making SWACPage the official site somehow.

Dude i don't know what you token but umm, I 've been to that site at least 4 times in the last couple of weeks and it looks pretty updated to me.

Swac.org

I don't know what was going on then. It must ahve been a browser problem. I typed SWAC.org in the address bar and I got stuff from August of 2002. I don't know what was going on.

Alcorn Warrior,
I am right here ....

Please check yourself:confused: :confused:

I see you are quick to criticize and REAL slow to apologize. After someone pointed out that YOU were the one with the problem all you can say is "I don't know what could be wrong?":flippy: :flippy: :flippy:

It seems kinda obvious that you have some "other" agenda and just want to be part of the problem and not part of any solution.

We (the SWAC Office) try to keep things current and upgrade the swac.org site, step-by-step ... as a matter of fact you probably have missed the championships section we've added ... http://www.swac.org/championships ... which can also be accessed by clicking on the "Championship" logo on the main "news" page .... www.swac.org

Come join us in moving forward with positive energy instead of negative stuff.

-SWAC PR Man-

Swac PR Man, can you explain why the nine game mandate in football was passed by the SWAC Presidents?

Originally posted by Swac PR Man
Alcorn Warrior,
I am right here ....

Please check yourself:confused: :confused:

I see you are quick to criticize and REAL slow to apologize. After someone pointed out that YOU were the one with the problem all you can say is "I don't know what could be wrong?":flippy: :flippy: :flippy:

It seems kinda obvious that you have some "other" agenda and just want to be part of the problem and not part of any solution.

We (the SWAC Office) try to keep things current and upgrade the swac.org site, step-by-step ... as a matter of fact you probably have missed the championships section we've added ... http://www.swac.org/championships ... which can also be accessed by clicking on the "Championship" logo on the main "news" page .... www.swac.org

Come join us in moving forward with positive energy instead of negative stuff.

-SWAC PR Man-

Hold up PR Man. Don't get me started. I said that it might have been a browser mistake. I don't know what happened. These are computers, in case you forgot. They tend to do crazy stuff that nobody understands from time to time.

Now that you're here PR Man, why don't you answer all the other questions that we've been trying to get you here for. I find it funny that when we come with intelligent, legitimate questions you're no where to be found. But when I came in throughly trashing the SWAC about the website, you showed up.
What does that say about our conference office? We can only get answers when we fly off the handle and talk about the office instead of when we approach you all legitimately?

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Hold up PR Man. Don't get me started. I said that it might have been a browser mistake. I don't know what happened. These are computers, in case you forgot. They tend to do crazy stuff that nobody understands from time to time.

Now that you're here PR Man, why don't you answer all the other questions that we've been trying to get you here for. I find it funny that when we come with intelligent, legitimate questions you're no where to be found. But when I came in throughly trashing the SWAC about the website, you showed up.
What does that say about our conference office? We can only get answers when we fly off the handle and talk about the office instead of when we approach you all legitimately?

If you have a legitimate question that is in his area of Public Relations, he has always been here to answer them. I have never had a problem getting answers to what areas he is in charge of. He has always answered a email to him that I have sent and I think he would do the same to your request also. A lot of concerns that people are pissed about actually should be addressed to those associate and assistant commissioners and even the head man himself for real answers.

You called him out about the website and it was learned that it was your systems fault and had nothing to do with him and you should say "I sorry" about the error. We are always ready to blame everyone else but not man enough to own up to our own mistakes when these things arise.

tryin to catch some flies with honey....

SWAC PR Man,

First let me say that y'all do a fine job with your site. It's some of the individual schools' sites that I have a problem with, which is none of your doing.

I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask again here since I know you've read this one:

What can be done to ensure that accurate rosters of the 10 SWAC schools appear on NCAA Football 2005 this year? Some of the ones last year were woefully inaccurate.

I'd appreciate any answer you can give, even if it's telling me someone else to complain to...lol

Once again, good job.....

I apologize, PR Man. Apparently it was something wrong with my browser.

I see that he still hasn't answered questions that we have been asking for the past month or so. I snap on the SWAC office and he shows up. We ask questions about the SWAC and its rules nicely and we don't get an answer.

Like Beans said, "And just like that, he was gone."

Co-Signing!

Originally posted by Robber
I see Get Ready's strong post got deleted.

GR's post ain't the only one that got deleted.

In fact, every time I post a RESPONSE to a GR post, mine seems to mysteriously get deleted.

:smh:

Originally posted by Deuce
GR's post ain't the only one that got deleted.

In fact, every time I post a RESPONSE to a GR post, mine seems to mysteriously get deleted.

:smh:
I guess yours and mighty hornet's got deleted because y'all were smacking Get Ready.

I see that he still hasn't answered questions that we have been asking for the past month or so. I snap on the SWAC office and he shows up. We ask questions about the SWAC and its rules nicely and we don't get an answer.

Like Beans said, "And just like that, he was gone."

I just want to clarify what the SWAC PR Man "has" to do. He doesn't have to answer questions about why the conference chose to go with the 9-game format they have voted on and chosen. He only reports what the PRESIDENTS AND COACHES AND ATHLETIC DIRECTORS VOTED. He doesn't have to answer why Bruce Eugene didn't get chosen to ALL-SWAC, he only reports what the COACHES voted on.

All lot of people who are on the outside looking in have NO CLUE as to all a conference SID has to do. Especially if that conference happens to be a black one. They are understaffed, and most of the time one person is expected to do the job of 5 people. Most of the questions that have been stated on the page are for the commissioner or directors of championships to answer, not the PR Man. If you have LEGITIMATE concerns, email Mr. Vowels. I know personally that he will try his best to email you back. If you have a question about media coverage, the SWAC PR MAN is your guy. It's called knowing who is responsible for what.

The other JSU'99 has it wrong.........

Public Relations is more than just sending out press releases. Its about shaping the overall message of the conference and most importantly helping to explain certain actions(especially controversial ones) that the conference may take. If our PR dept is only responsible for what JSU'99 claims it is, then we don't have a PR dept.

It seems to me that we have a low overall impression of our conference execs in general. First, We characterized our Commissioner as just a do-boy from the council and presidents, and now our PR man is just the guy who types out and faxes the press releases. In an attempt to shield them from responsibility for the things that happens in our conference, their "supporters" have made them out to be a couple of empty suits. That's sad.

Originally posted by JSU'99
I just want to clarify what the SWAC PR Man "has" to do. Most of the questions that have been stated on the page are for the commissioner or directors of championships to answer, not the PR Man. If you have LEGITIMATE concerns, email Mr. Vowels. I know personally that he will try his best to email you back. If you have a question about media coverage, the SWAC PR MAN is your guy. It's called knowing who is responsible for what.

Exactly what I was saying in my post.....

Originally posted by Robber
I guess yours and mighty hornet's got deleted because y'all were smacking Get Ready.

Too much smack on the sports board, take it where it belongs.

Originally posted by Fiyah
Too much smack on the sports board, take it where it belongs.
I didn't see Get Ready's post as smack. He just has strong views on the SWAC office. He's just not nice about it. He doesn't have to be, either.

This is really silly in my opinion. But, in the belief of informing the masses. This is a business and accurate description, which also happens to be the sports athletic industry standard qualification and job duties associated with an Assistant Commissioner of Media Relations position, especially at the NCAA Division I AA/Division I Conference level.

Conference Administration - Assistant Commissioner of Media Relations - The Big Sky Conference

http://www.sportscareers.com/sportsjobs/sjcollege/sjcollege.htm#CA

The Big Sky Conference invites applications for the position of Assistant Commissioner, Media Relations. Responsibilities: Act as liaison between conference office and member institutions' sports information directors and the media; produce, edit and distribute conference media guides, directories, weekly press releases; compile and maintain accurate statistics and records; assist with administration of championships; coordinate radio, TV and newspaper interviews. Bachelor's degree required. Knowledge of media relations, marketing and television; working knowledge of Adobe, PageMaker; equal commitment to men's and women's sports programs; ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.

Shaking My Head!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back