Cador Retires

In other words.......he knows where the bones are buried and we are paying him to keep his mouth shut...........LOL

Nope. It is called how you handle a LEGEND who is at the end and you do not want to embarrass him by firing him if that legend agrees to retire with dignity. Cador don't have any bones that are buried. LOL. The NCAA is done and Cador admitted everything he did saying he didn't know any better. LOL. The body language you see is Cador realizing SU just gave Banks the keys to the Athletic Department and he can't win trying to stay on to challenge the new boss. It was time. Way past time. I am glad Cador decided to go out this way. He is more valuable to SU as an Ambassador for the program and he can help Coach Banks. Cador knows a lot of powerful people. So you want to keep him around and not just throw him totally out on the street. Coach Banks gets an A for his handling of his first tough task at SU as the permanent AD. Don't think our past AD and I like Will Broussard, would have been received the same way by Cador if he asked him to step down.

He will be dead in 5 years thanks to the Yellas they know he was only living for Southern Baseball!

If he is, it would because it was his time and nothing else. You obviously don't know Cador. He rather be socializing and hobnobbing with folks than actually coaching. That's why we suffered so long after he lost his good assistants who had been doing all the coaching for a long time. LOL. Coach Cador is a popular guy in the circle he runs in. He will be just fine. If anything, he would have been dead in five years if he kept coaching the baseball team like he has. These are different type of kids these days. It was time to go. Just get ready for them Jags to take the West in baseball back to where it belongs. In BR. Next up, Track and Field.

Well, lets be positive and wish him well while hoping he stays around for the next 150+ years.

P, don't pay no attention to DCG. She just mad the Jags are righting the ship. She knows this run of TxSU baseball going to come to end as soon as we get our new coach in there with them NICE facilities and get our schollies back next year. Timing is just right. Coach Banks aint playing.

those days long gone..lol...

Yeah right. Aint like folks spending that much on baseball in the conference. Just sit back and watch. Wait, you in the MEAC now. They don't play baseball too well in that conference. I guess BCU still is somewhat revelant.

I don't know why you think it is hard for folks to take back what was once something they dominated. Look at Gram. Just a few years ago, folks laughed at their football program. Aint being laughed at now. And I am still waiting on your alma mater to start dominating football after the so-called revival. TxSU about to pass yall up shortly. History of winning does mean something. Upstarts normally don't know how to maintain for too long. You see it at every level. No matter how even the so called playing field is supposed to be. LOL.

Yeah right. Aint like folks spending that much on baseball in the conference. Just sit back and watch. Wait, you in the MEAC now. They don't play baseball too well in that conference. I guess BCU still is somewhat revelant.

I don't know why you think it is hard for folks to take back what was once something they dominated. Look at Gram. Just a few years ago, folks laughed at their football program. Aint being laughed at now. And I am still waiting on your alma mater to start dominating football after the so-called revival. TxSU about to pass yall up shortly. History of winning does mean something. Upstarts normally don't know how to maintain for too long. You see it at every level. No matter how even the so called playing field is supposed to be. LOL.

PV dominate football? lol I hope I'm alive to see that day.

th

If the new coach can't "over-scholarship" it won't be the same. Some folk want to keep ignoring that fact. "Over-scholarshipping" and signing guys to scholarships in other sports to play baseball is what made the difference for su.
WOW!! You hear that sujagtilidie and JR. Herbert speaks the truth. Since the scholarship debacles, su hasn't been the same.

We wouldn't want him at all. He doesn't play our brand of baseball at all. It will be someone with SU ties, Banks said that much, everything is in place for the next coach to be really successful.
I can tell you now Cador's is the highest paid coach in the SWAC. Not off of his salary, but other opportunities he takes advantage of. Cador has 2 radio shows and a Tv show. I know in the past a company paid him $100,000 for a weekly segment on someone else's show, before he got his own. Cador has all kind of company's he advertises for. Car dealerships, towing company's.
Speaking of towing. Banks just towed him out of a job.

Congrats to Coach Cador on an outstanding career. He was the general of the SWAC. With TSU making the tournament again and Melendez at FIU it looks like Coach Rob will be at the top of his game in the SWAC for awhile. It will be interesting to see who Southern hires. Following a legend like Cador is going to be tough on whoever his successor will be.

Back