Cador Retires

Ain't nobody fooled by you yellas ya'll forced him out and you did it before the season was over he wasn't sick...were is Pete to second my opinion...I hate ya'll!

Hmmm...

"(Banks) told me some of the things going on behind the scenes and told me it would be in my best interest if we could come to an agreement that I'd come and work for him for another year and I'd leave baseball," Cador said. "I knew I needed to do it. He made it easier by the way he put it by needing me to help him."

This was no secret. Banks was critical of Cador during the APR fiasco. LOL. But he is a good ambassador for SU so he will be a positive to work with the AD's office.

Sound like it was an "involuntary " retirement.

Handwriting was on the wall for awhile. Especially after Banks became the AD full time. No Jag close to the action is shocked. We just wondered how it would be carried out. Looks like Banks approach worked. Good for both parties. Cador can do some good for SU in this capacity. He has connections and he is good at getting money for stuff.

Ain't nobody fooled by you yellas ya'll forced him out and you did it before the season was over he wasn't sick...were is Pete to second my opinion...I hate ya'll!

The only reason you hate us is this means your Coach is probably dialing Banks number as I type. Not that we are interested. And you know this means SU baseball will be back sooner than later. ~snicker~ Yall didn't care about Pete nor Cador. Only because you start beating them did you like them. LOL. Oh well. Just like Football. Baseball is on it's way back.

So.....no death penalty for baseball?

Absolutely not. Banks and his team did a good job working with the NCAA. We good over here now. Just got to make the right hires for some sports to get them back in the mix. Track and Field next up after Baseball to fix.

The only reason you hate us is this means your Coach is probably dialing Banks number as I type. Not that we are interested. And you know this means SU baseball will be back sooner than later. ~snicker~ Yall didn't care about Pete nor Cador. Only because you start beating them did you like them. LOL. Oh well. Just like Football. Baseball is on it's way back.
If the new coach can't "over-scholarship" it won't be the same. Some folk want to keep ignoring that fact. "Over-scholarshipping" and signing guys to scholarships in other sports to play baseball is what made the difference for su.

If the new coach can't "over-scholarship" it won't be the same. Some folk want to keep ignoring that fact. "Over-scholarshipping" and signing guys to scholarships in other sports to play baseball is what made the difference for su.
Things will be back to normal shortly. Do you realize how many MLB Scouts, player personel directors, and special assistant to the GM that are SU alums. SU has a system in place. How you think SU was getting all those diamond in the rough players before.

Absolutely not. Banks and his team did a good job working with the NCAA. We good over here now. Just got to make the right hires for some sports to get them back in the mix. Track and Field next up after Baseball to fix.
After next season all scholarships will be back.

Big schools do it all the time. You think Jameis Winston wasn't on a Football scholarship while he played baseball at Florida State? There is nothing wrong with having a kid on the team that plays another sport and they have a scholarship in that other sport.

But that wasn't our issue with Cador. Out of State fees send help. And to be honest with you. Kids that participate in any school related organization like sports or band should not have to pay out of state fees. I bet these big schools find all kinds of loop holes to fill their teams in these non revenue making sports. They just got a team of individuals (Thanks Pete) that guide them through so the NCAA don't penalize them.

The only thing Rob thinking about in Baton Rouge is Tony's Seafood.

JR, you know they are about to scale that salary slot back a few income brackets. With what we paying Rob (and coming off a SWAC championship) why would he take a step back?

Big schools do it all the time. You think Jameis Winston wasn't on a Football scholarship while he played baseball at Florida State? There is nothing wrong with having a kid on the team that plays another sport and they have a scholarship in that other sport.

But that wasn't our issue with Cador. Out of State fees send help. And to be honest with you. Kids that participate in any school related organization like sports or band should not have to pay out of state fees. I bet these big schools find all kinds of loop holes to fill their teams in these non revenue making sports. They just got a team of individuals (Thanks Pete) that guide them through so the NCAA don't penalize them.
Having a two sport athlete and having an athlete with a scholarship in one sport and playing another is not the same thing and you know......Even if the athlete is riding the pine....at least make it look like he is playing the sport he has the scholarship for.......LOL

JR, you know they are about to scale that salary slot back a few income brackets. With what we paying Rob (and coming off a SWAC championship) why would he take a step back?
We wouldn't want him at all. He doesn't play our brand of baseball at all. It will be someone with SU ties, Banks said that much, everything is in place for the next coach to be really successful.
I can tell you now Cador's is the highest paid coach in the SWAC. Not off of his salary, but other opportunities he takes advantage of. Cador has 2 radio shows and a Tv show. I know in the past a company paid him $100,000 for a weekly segment on someone else's show, before he got his own. Cador has all kind of company's he advertises for. Car dealerships, towing company's.

Didn't say we wanted Rob. But Cador made insane money. Even scaling back still may be more than what yall pay your coach. I do not want a coach from an existing team. I hope we do a thorough search. And I am not for overpaying. We tend to overpay coaches in the SWAC sometimes. Meanwhile our PWC level counterparts that win do not. We see it across the board.

In other words.......he knows where the bones are buried and we are paying him to keep his mouth shut...........LOL

Back